Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

8 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

This delay is kinda getting out of hand.. 5 days until the War Within was supposed to drop, and still no specters?! Outrageous!

Well you see, there's a time where DE updates. Usually Wednesday or Thursday, maybe Friday. So this week before Tennocon is specters of the rail.

1 hour ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

I know that I'm usually the one to say, "Please take your time before you update," but my patience is quickly running out. I can like.... hardly wait any longer. 

i'm the same. I'm a patient guy so I want DE to take their time with stuffs even though I know that at least for PC there will be a lot Of bugs XD.

I'm saving keys because they will be change to projections and we don't kno if it will be easier or harder to acquire these projection. 

Come on DE I wanna see these new void system.

On 30.06.2016 at 5:04 AM, motorfirebox said:

Naw. Mag Prime's codex entry describes a blue star. Assuming that the entry takes place in the Tau system (and not some unknown third system), Tau Ceti's out of the running, since it's a white star.

The "Tau" designation indicates the star's index in a constellation (as viewed from Earth). Tau, being the 19th letter, indicates that "the Tau system" is the 19th star in some constellation. But we don't know which constellation, so it's kinda like saying "Bob's house" when you don't know Bob's last name.

Tau Ceti isn't actually white, it's a bit darker than the sun, kinda orangish, the exact opposite of blue. Tau could also refer to Taurus constellation, which is often abbreviated as Tau, but it's not a "system".

Bayer designation of star naming is pretty old, it uses greek, then lower and upper cases of roman alphabet, counting from the luminosity of the star from the most luminous, so there is kinda limited number of systems with that naming, because in some bigger constelattions you could easily run out of the letters, also new stars are named usually with newer, different systems.

That doesn't mean that the orokin would stop using it, and if they did they would name new constellations with that system which we don't know of. The nearest tau system which got a blue star is Tau Centauri which is 131 light years away.

But the mag prime lore also says that the star is blue and dark, and usually more blue the star is, the more luminous, hotter and bigger it is, so the battle must be in quite a distance from the star, so the star system Tau might be on the way of some blue giant star, and orokin + tenno forces didn't ever get to that system. In that case that blue star might be near the Sol, because they were stopped in the midst of sentients forces, those stars could be either Sirius(8,6 ly), Altair(16,7 ly), Vega(25 ly), Fomalhaut(25,1 ly) etc. Alternatively we could find nearest tau stars, and find if some of those blue stars are in the way.

Sirius isn't in the way of Tau Ceti, so that won't work, the 2nd nearest visible tau star is the Tau1 Eridani which is about 46 ly away. If we actually did go to Tau1 Eridani we would also be getting near Sirius. The question is if the nearest possible distance to Sirius during that path could be described as in the mag prime lore. Sirius is 25,4x brighter than the Sun so even if we were in a distance of 2 ly it could probably be described like a blue star that was at the same time dark and blinding (especially when considering he was nearly dying). So the sentients could be using some kind of blocker/jammer which sent those ships not to tau1 eridani but they stopped near the sirius or sthing like that.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:43 PM, JaviiMii said:

Or they just release the Specters of the Rails for Tenno con and present another trailer for The War Within...

At this rate, about 2 days from tenno-con, that seems pretty likely. But if they are working hard and making some fine touch-ups or ran into some problems, I would understand.

Oh, look.  It's Friday, and everything is supposed to come out today (or have already been out).  Today.  Isn't TennoCon also today?

I'm calling it.  No update by the time logins reset, and this officially the "more wait, less update" thread.

While it's never been this long between updates before, we've never actually WAITED so long for an update.  It would've been really nice to have seen a few skins or something, basically anything to do/buy/earn.  Something to do other than twiddle our thumbs.

Just now, Cytobel said:

Oh, look.  It's Friday, and everything is supposed to come out today (or have already been out).  Today.  Isn't TennoCon also today?

I'm calling it.  No update by the time logins reset, and this officially the "more wait, less update" thread.

While it's never been this long between updates before, we've never actually WAITED so long for an update.  It would've been really nice to have seen a few skins or something, basically anything to do/buy/earn.  Something to do other than twiddle our thumbs.

the update is out, what are you talking about?

On 6/13/2016 at 4:06 PM, [DE]Steve said:

Part II: Specters of the Rail
Part two will be called SPECTERS OF THE RAIL. This is the Solar Map 3.0 update and we’re planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. It’s why I wake up in a cold sweat most nights. This update contains a redesigned navigation system, a redesign of the Void/Key system (your collection still matters, earning wll be a bit different but there is no 'content lock out'), Kavats and a few interesting surprises for old and new Tenno alike. Pray for me.

Bruh, log in right now. The update it live.

6 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

july :(

Ah thats not too bad assuming it does actually come in july. It would be pretty awesome if it was only a couple weeks away. I just hope they can fix the mass of problems from the last update before then.

Just now, Nethaufer said:

Sooooo... you basically mean before the end of this month, right? 'cause it's currently July.

I'm well aware. They are aiming for some time this month. No idea when, and it may very well be that it gets pushed back until august

Just now, bowiespoon said:

It's entirely possible.

Still would be absolutely terrible, wished they released everything all at once, then I could get lost and have a reason to play by figuring out what the hell happened.

12 hours ago, Blur410 said:

Still would be absolutely terrible, wished they released everything all at once, then I could get lost and have a reason to play by figuring out what the hell happened.

lol no

We need War Within, I want my Ttiainta warframe & Nekrous Prime