Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DarthBane1 said:

So um..... I am assuming a much longer wait for War Within finally released.

Given the topics being discussed in the Devstream this Friday (i.e upcoming Void Relics/Fissure changes), I am positive The War Within will definitely not make it next week. Even the week after seems like a stretch, so the earliest possibility of release in my opinion is Friday, August 12th.

EDIT: Oh my god, this is just saddening;

This update will be dropped in and around TennoCon

Edited by LazerSkink

Yep.  Called it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Kavats, but I've seen less content released since this thread started than ever before.

Starmap reshuffle is interesting, totally not Stalker "guardians" are adorable, and the Kavats are AMAZING, but...  ...whats to level?  What's to do?  Where's this quest thing we were supposed to have, let alone the half dozen Warframe Wednesday weapons we've missed?

Honestly, I suspect DE is at loggerheads with itself over some things and we're seeing the bleed-over: release stalling responses that are beginning to feel a bit stale and insincere.

Okay DE, I've said it before:  VACATION TIME.  Finish what's needed and bugger off somewhere wonderful for a month or so, get those batteries recharged.  Make sure there's a competent crew left aboard and man the longboats to shore.  Come back with a tan and fresh ideas, because banging your heads against the wall didn't seem to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it coming this week? or next week? Hoping for Next week, or between the 2nd and 3rd week, and hope that the Main quest won't have game breaking bugs on release 

Is the tennogen coming this week? would be cool if it gets released BEFORE The War Within so we can wear some fancy stuff for the War Within quest 

Edited by led2012WF

At this point I am past the excessive hype stage of checking every minute of every hour of every day for any semblance of an update regarding the War Within. Primarily for two reasons the first being Calculus II hits like a truck every so often, and the latter being that I really want to see DE succeed with this update and not have to scramble to fix dozens of bugs after release. However, if a time frame of Soon TM, Sooner TM, or not so Soon TM could be given I'm sure the community would appreciate that at the very least.

Edited by Alphabasilisk
misspelled article

1 hour ago, Alphabasilisk said:

At this point I am past the excessive hype stage of checking every minute of every hour of every day for any semblance of an update regarding the War Within. Primarily for two reasons the first being Calculus II hits like a truck every so often, and the latter being that I really want to see DE succeed with this update and not have to scramble to fix dozens of bugs after release. However, if a time frame of Soon TM, Sooner TM, or not so Soon TM could be given I'm sure the community would appreciate that at the very least.

early august is the current goal I think

8 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Around GamesCom

^ lol no, gamesCom was cancelled, due to they are working on THIS update, we're haveing, check Primetime stuff before misleading information, the latest we heard was early august from DE-Steve.

So, it shuold be around this or the next week. as that is what "Early August" means   

Edited by LegionCynex

Look, we're gonna be lucky if they release it before Christmas at this point.  I've seen slow releases, but this honestly looks like there was a massive blow-up somewhere in Digital Extremes and they lost someone, along with all of that person's coding.

Who am I kidding?  I've NEVER seen anyone (outside of Blizzard) spend so much time doing so little and trying to hype it.  Whatever happened was clearly bad.

Did Scree fall in a blender?  Did Scott finally snap?  Did Steve attack someone for reasons with a paint knife?  Did Rebecca's evil twin briefly take over and force everyone into clown-suited banana duels to the death until an epic kung fu karaoke confrontation with the true Rebecca?

Who knows...  All I can be certain of is that this is the most severe delay of content (and abandonment of partially-finished content) I've ever seen in Warframe.

Edited by Cytobel
Because Volt was abandoned

44 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

^ lol no, gamesCom was cancelled, due to they are working on THIS update, we're haveing, check Primetime stuff before misleading information, the latest we heard was early august from DE-Steve.

So, it shuold be around this or the next week. as that is what "Early August" means   

Their visit at GamesCom was cancelled, so that mean update cant go out in that time or what ?? :D You taking everything too much seriously

Edited by Myscho