[DE]Steve

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

2 minutes ago, melodicuprising said:

Are there going to be more Conclave-exclusive stuff (skins/sigils) with this Lunaro release?

Rocket Frame Soccer Boots and Shinguard. That would be too funny.  Now you can spend plat on customized Lunaro balls and Rocket frame sigils

Meh, I don't get what lunaro wants to change with PvP. it's still PvP and as in all PvP content there will be lots of crying and hate, no matter if you miss that goal or simply get shot by another guy.

I am really looking forward to the coming changes in the main game though and I hope they will be good. it gives me some confidence to see that DE are putting some effort and time behind this and actually don't rush the release. Keep it up guys!

So if i understand, all three parts will be released before tenno-con? Thats awesome! That also means we're getting lunaro pretty soon then...

HYPEEE

1 hour ago, [DE]Steve said:

Hello my lovely Tenno. How are you? Genji, amirite?

TL;DR
I’m here to share some news on your next major update. We’re going to split up the huge mega update into chunks. Less wait, more update!

WHY CHUNKS, WHY?
We’ve aimed very high for this War Within quest and its related systems, tying the release of awesome new features into a codependent web of code and content. One feature slipping meant they all got held back. One script tweak meant yet-another-delay for everything else awesome we’ve been building for you.

This month we decided we should unravel the web. Instead of all-or-nothing mega-updates we’re going to be staging our major features into successive releases, culminating in the mind-blowing, life-altering, existential crisis that is the War Within cinematic quest. This approach harkens a return to the exciting evolution you’ve come to expect from us. It gives breathing room for awesome content that otherwise gets lost in the noise of mega-updates. By chunking up these features I hope to make the lives of our incredible content creators a little bit easier.

RELEASE PLAN (Fingers crossed behind my back)

Part I: Lunaro
Part one will be called LUNARO. This team sport promises to reinvigorate the Conclave for those Tenno that didn’t have a taste for Tenno blood. We are releasing Lunaro later this week on PC! YES

Part II: Specters of the Rail
Part two will be called SPECTERS OF THE RAIL. This is the Solar Map 3.0 update and we’re planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. It’s why I wake up in a cold sweat most nights. This update contains a redesigned navigation system, a redesign of the Void/Key system (your collection still matters, earning wll be a bit different but there is no 'content lock out'), Kavats and a few interesting surprises for old and new Tenno alike. Pray for me. YES 

Part III: War Within
Part three will be called WAR WITHIN. This update will be dropped in and around TennoCon and contain our next ambitious cinematic quest. We’re excited for Tenno to face up against the Grineer Queens, learning more of their mysterious past… but be warned: as in the Second Dream, we intend to grow and alter the game mechanics in surprising ways with War Within. We want to surprise and delight you.
THANKS FOR READING YES

If you’re one of our beloved console Tenno, our hope is this this staging will also see new features making it your way sooner and with the quality benefits of iteration we do with our PC Tenno.

I’m hoping you will find some unique fun in Lunaro, it turned out great and I can’t wait to add more to it based on your feedback and passion as we continue, together, our crazy gaming experiment known as Warframe :).

Ninja Edit: Specters update is also coming with some new tech: an all new immersive sound occlusion system, new graphics quality options (like temporal AA) and an experimental 'Tenno crowd-sourced' system for generous Tenno to add dedicated conclave servers to the system.  

Thanks DE!

1 hour ago, ShardsSuperior said:

What about Fairy Frame?

If I had to guess, it's probably going to be in the third part, and her parts will drop from whatever new boss comes from War Within.

9 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

So if i understand, all three parts will be released before tenno-con? Thats awesome! That also means we're getting lunaro pretty soon then...

HYPEEE

"Part I: Lunaro
Part one will be called LUNARO. This team sport promises to reinvigorate the Conclave for those Tenno that didn’t have a taste for Tenno blood. We are releasing Lunaro later this week on PC!"

Thanks for the heads up Steve!

1 hour ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

HYPE!!!

Dont miss the Promocode guys: PCGAMINGSHOW2016

Thanks for this too!

2 questions though:

1) Where'd you see this Promocode?

2) What do we get from it (if revealed)?

Edited by Azamagon

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

We're all ignoring the important detail here: What happened to Steve's icon?

infested facepalm

Has there been any news on the archwing rework/update? I really love the concept of this mode and it's not very popular with many tenno sadly.

2 minutes ago, Electrical_Owlet said:

Has there been any news on the archwing rework/update? I really love the concept of this mode and it's not very popular with many tenno sadly.

maybe for Lunaro 2.0

Archwing Sport could be a thing

but i am fine for Lunaro 1.0  >_<  first

Edited by Tsoe

I knew this would be released in three parts.

Part 1: New Content 

Part 2: The Content strikes back

Part 3: Return of the Content

(if you don't get it........)

Just now, Electrical_Owlet said:

No  Devs werent there for intervew just 30 second video and they sciped the devstream for this????? i still cant believe it

If releasing them incrementally gives more time for polish, I'm all for it. :) 

1 minute ago, Fugana said:

No  Devs werent there for intervew just 30 second video and they sciped the devstream for this????? i still cant believe it

Thx to that we got an update of incoming update :o

1 minute ago, Fugana said:

not to mention they were DIRECTLY COMPETING with the Ubisoft Panel. Not really worth it to get so little exposure. Woulda been better off getting the 30 second ad placed into the xbox and ps4 streams respectively

1 minute ago, Jukantos said:

not to mention they were DIRECTLY COMPETING with the Ubisoft Panel. Not really worth it to get so little exposure. Woulda been better off getting the 30 second ad placed into the xbox and ps4 streams respectively

Nothing beside Lunaro

were polished enough to make it appealing

better a short trailler of something good

than a broken devbuild right?

What about the Dual Sai and the new Dual Dagger stance? Will we see these when the first part of Update 19 drops?

Less wait; more update -  "... planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. "

>>Weeks<<    -   So much for "less wait".

I'll be honest - I'm already looking for other games for a while, because I'm fed up with waiting.

Polishing is all good and dandy, but anybody will loose patience sooner or later. And in my opinion the balance between polishing and releasing is kinda off.

Especially if some releases feel like less than something, someone may have expected (Stradavar, Dark-Split-Sword, some passives,[...] ) .

1 hour ago, Megakruemel said:

Will the arm-mounted weapons shown in the devstreames be included?

Arm mounted weapons? which devstream was this?

15 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Less wait; more update -  "... planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. "

>>Weeks<<    -   So much for "less wait".

I'll be honest - I'm already looking for other games for a while, because I'm fed up with waiting.

Polishing is all good and dandy, but anybody will loose patience sooner or later. And in my opinion the balance between polishing and releasing is kinda off.

Especially if some releases feel like less than something, someone may have expected (Stradavar, Dark-Split-Sword, some passives,[...] ) .

You're kidding me right? DE puts out more updates faster than any other gaming company EVER.

And that's still not enough?

Good riddance.