Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

1 minute ago, Fugana said:

You better check when they promised our orbiters with hangars and we drive them around the solar system. 

They never promised that. They said that is a feature they would like to add in the future.

2 minutes ago, XtheMATTx said:

You're kidding me right? DE puts out more updates faster than any other gaming company EVER.

And that's still not enough?

Good riddance.

Statistically speaking U18 has been the longest Update in terms of waiting between pieces of content to drop, and with a few exceptions like Inaros, Rathuum and Shadow Debt the content has been mostly just weapons, nothing that could captivate you for longer than 90 minutes actual playtime (in terms of spending time with that content specifically)

I can understand people are frustrated at this point, because DE said their partnership was going to enable them to get "three to four updates the size of the second dream out per year", and here we are mid june waiting for announcements of stuff to be deployed until roughly august. It's not even going to two big updates this year at this rate, which is quite a significant slowdown compared to previous updates. So the frustration is somewhat understandable.

On the other hand, i have a steam library of WAY too many games to EVER complete, and it's not like i have nothing to play while i wait for hopyfully highly polished warframe updates. They just decided against pushing the hype train this time, probably a better move than overexciting us all and underdelivering / delivering way later than scheduled again.

And now it's DEs turn to actually manage to stick the schedule they announced. If Lunaro has as much replay value as Rocket League, i think the wait will be almost forgiven. If it suffers from crappy Peer-to-peer and host transitions as frequently as the normal conclave.... well lets hope it doesn't.

2 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Hello my lovely Tenno. How are you? Genji, amirite?

TL;DR
I’m here to share some news on your next major update. We’re going to split up the huge mega update into chunks. Less wait, more update!

WHY CHUNKS, WHY?
We’ve aimed very high for this War Within quest and its related systems, tying the release of awesome new features into a codependent web of code and content. One feature slipping meant they all got held back. One script tweak meant yet-another-delay for everything else awesome we’ve been building for you.

This month we decided we should unravel the web. Instead of all-or-nothing mega-updates we’re going to be staging our major features into successive releases, culminating in the mind-blowing, life-altering, existential crisis that is the War Within cinematic quest. This approach harkens a return to the exciting evolution you’ve come to expect from us. It gives breathing room for awesome content that otherwise gets lost in the noise of mega-updates. By chunking up these features I hope to make the lives of our incredible content creators a little bit easier.

RELEASE PLAN (Fingers crossed behind my back)

Part I: Lunaro
Part one will be called LUNARO. This team sport promises to reinvigorate the Conclave for those Tenno that didn’t have a taste for Tenno blood. We are releasing Lunaro later this week on PC! 

Part II: Specters of the Rail
Part two will be called SPECTERS OF THE RAIL. This is the Solar Map 3.0 update and we’re planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. It’s why I wake up in a cold sweat most nights. This update contains a redesigned navigation system, a redesign of the Void/Key system (your collection still matters, earning wll be a bit different but there is no 'content lock out'), Kavats and a few interesting surprises for old and new Tenno alike. Pray for me.

Part III: War Within
Part three will be called WAR WITHIN. This update will be dropped in and around TennoCon and contain our next ambitious cinematic quest. We’re excited for Tenno to face up against the Grineer Queens, learning more of their mysterious past… but be warned: as in the Second Dream, we intend to grow and alter the game mechanics in surprising ways with War Within. We want to surprise and delight you.
THANKS FOR READING

If you’re one of our beloved console Tenno, our hope is this this staging will also see new features making it your way sooner and with the quality benefits of iteration we do with our PC Tenno.

I’m hoping you will find some unique fun in Lunaro, it turned out great and I can’t wait to add more to it based on your feedback and passion as we continue, together, our crazy gaming experiment known as Warframe :).

Ninja Edit: Specters update is also coming with some new tech: an all new immersive sound occlusion system, new graphics quality options (like temporal AA) and an experimental 'Tenno crowd-sourced' system for generous Tenno to add dedicated conclave servers to the system.

Well steves, I DO like this system.... and Ill tell you why.. because you get the mechanics in FIRST (Lunaro is a test then map update) and then you drop the story bomb that will (hopefully) be as big if not bigger success than the second dream!

So yes, do your thing, add more content, get it to us faster...and uh..... FIX ALL DA BUGS!!!

]\'[

Hmmmm that name sounds familiar.....Steve..... The legends has it, that he only leaves his fort when there's a battle to fight that others cannot handle! Jet-Li has observed him and so learned some moves. Bruce Lee had to dry his sweaty feet with his bare hands after a fight or practice session and he's also the reason why Jacky Chan does his own tricks and stunts! 

Senpai, welcome back on the Forums.... and thanks for sharing some wonderful info! 

I hope my Nikana can hold on to the hype train... 

… but be warned: as in the Second Dream, we intend to grow and alter the game mechanics in surprising ways with War Within. We want to surprise and delight you.

That's wonderful, but what about revisiting Focus?

At the very least fixing the initial cost of unlocking the Mastery pools for Vazarin and Unairu. They still cost 120k to unlock while the 3 only cost 50k.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Doctor-Blitz- said:

If DE would NOT split capacity between core game and some not core approaches like Lunaro everything would be in time and no need for a split. I really don't understand these decisions. Mostly you are not in Steam Top 10 anymore. Please rethink game development decisions.

If Lunaro is a PvP game mode then I'd assume it's not worked on by their core development team but rather their PvP team which solely works on PvP so they're not really spliting their capacity with it.

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If Lunaro is a PvP game mode then I'd assume it's not worked on by their core development team but rather their PvP team which solely works on PvP so they're not really spliting their capacity with it.

They could reassign the PvP team for content updates so, yes, they split their captivity.

Part I: Lunaro
Part one will be called LUNARO. This team sport promises to reinvigorate the Conclave for those Tenno that didn’t like to play the floor is lava. We are releasing Lunaro later this week on PC!

Part III: War Within
Part three will be called WAR WITHIN. This update will be dropped in and around TennoCon and contain our next ambitious cinematic quest. We’re excited for Tenno to face up against the Grineer Queens, learning more of their mysterious past… but be warned: as in the Second Dream, we intend to grow and alter the game mechanics in surprising ways with War Within. We want to surprise and delight you.
THANKS FOR READING

up against the Grineer Queens

Grineer Queens

spoilers steve