The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is A Forma And A Potato

Guest Kosta87

So basically it was invented out of pure laziness?... people are too lazy to type out the full name for what they actually are? That makes me sad for humanity.

actually to be more accurate, potato, is an online joke/term for objects of bad quality, which could be seen as irony/sarcasm toward the catalyst/reactor, it's much more popular than you can think

and yup it also looks like potatoe, also it's funnier and easier to say to potatoe a frame/weapon that supercharge it since supercharging and cata/reactor sounds boring,

as said potatoe is much more spread over the internet as you can think.

a little example: the gamedevelopers Kairosoft (they make simple mobilephone games)

released the game: Game Dev Story

if you rank high enough people to Hardware Engineers, you can unlock the Potato Chip CPU 

(it has the best stats etc)

so in the end it's a combination of pun, tradition and just a little bit lazyness and joking about the look

Edited by SeiraSunmin

Don´t forget menthos.

Forgot what is that,but i saw it in some thread.

Do do do dooooo, do waaaaah

I doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life.

With Mentos fresh and full of Life!

Nothing gets to you, stayin fresh, stayin cool...

With Mentos fresh and full of LIFE!!!

Fresh goes better! Mentos freshness!

Fresh goes better with Mentos, fresh and full of life!

Mentos! The Freshmaker.

Do do do dooooo, do waaaaah

I doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life.

With Mentos fresh and full of Life!

Nothing gets to you, stayin fresh, stayin cool...

With Mentos fresh and full of LIFE!!!

Fresh goes better! Mentos freshness!

Fresh goes better with Mentos, fresh and full of life!

Mentos! The Freshmaker.

:)

So basically it was invented out of pure laziness?... people are too lazy to type out the full name for what they actually are? That makes me sad for humanity.

"Plz", "Thx" etc people are lazy, that's just a fact.

Every game has terms made by the community. Trying to use logic to say that the terms are unnecessary is pretty pointless.

Did you know that the M79 Grenade Launcher was commonly called the "Thumper," "Bloop Tube," and other names by the soldiers who used it?

Does that make them lazy for not calling it the M79 Grenade Launcher whenever they refer to it? No. It's a nickname, a term of endearment, a slang.

Finally, this is English. You do not use logic to make sense of English because English is full of inconsistencies and should not be approached with logic.

So wait, the word "ATM" was basically invented out of pure laziness? People say ATM every time they want to say Automatic Teller Machine instead of what it actually is, an Automatic Teller Machine? That makes me SO SAD FOR HUMANITY

/sarcasm

• Like 2

Umm... more like... Orokin Catalyst is an Orokin Catalyst and Orokin Reactor is an Orokin Reactor. Why call them something different than what they are?

stop painting the bike shed, it doesn't matter what we call them as long as you can figure it out.

So you're verbally lazy? Interesting...

Just because someone chooses to call something by something shorter than it's initial name doesn't mean they're lazy. I wouldn't want to type out Pr0cessor every time i was directing a comment to you, so i'd probably type "proc" or "dude"