1 minute ago, DLVargas said:

Eh, I figure that for every one Tenno playing Lunaro, there are several hundred others off "fighting the good fight."

Though I wish more Tenno had your mentality when the relays were under attack.  We might actually have more than three of them, then.

Do you really think a Tenno should bother more on defending relay than watching a top tier Lunaro fight?

6 minutes ago, DLVargas said:

Eh, I figure that for every one Tenno playing Lunaro, there are several hundred others off "fighting the good fight."

Though I wish more Tenno had your mentality when the relays were under attack.  We might actually have more than three of them, then.

Fair enough.

Yeah, I tried my hardest in that event but unfortunately we more or less "lost". Although to be fair it felt like some of the Fomorians lost health faster than others as if it was rigged. Or maybe we just really failed miserably at stopping them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

Shoehorning everyone to work into one specific project doesn't always make things come faster. Many hands don't always make light work.

Also how do you know what's important and what's not important to the game? When did you get the right to tell DE what they can and can't add to the game?

As a Veteran player with a fudge ton of hours, I think I have an idea of what's important to the game, what needs fixing, and what needs adjusted. At least from the player side.

I have no idea what DE's focus is, what they have as goals. All I know is what works and doesn't work from a player perspective and what needs addressed in regards to that(and sometimes, it feels like what DE wants and what I want are two different things)

They can do whatever they want to their game, it doesn't mean it will end well for them, Warframe, or for the players.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Do you like the double entendre title? Lunaro's release on PC is imminent. I wanted to share with you Teshin's rule book, which is also accessible in the game when activating the Lunaro 'Practice' button in the UI (which is a great way to get a feel for launching the Lunaro with your Arcata).

Reveal hidden contents

sst: here is how to access Lunaro & 'Practice' mode:
https://gfycat.com/AnnualSingleFoxterrier

We've iterated on this mode quite a bit, aiming for a slightly less frantic pace, a mode that demands teamwork and coordinated plays and actively discourages one-man-army hogging the ball. To that end, there are few rules you'll need to get accustomed to when you begin your Lunaro career. Here is Teshin's rule book...

History
Lunaro. Ancient sport of the lost Orokin era. Here, on this abandoned field, Tenno will come together in the spirit of honor and teamwork to resurrect this forgotten tradition. Let me explain how it works...

The Objective
Lunaro is a team game, played on a field divided into two halves: Sun and Moon. The objective is simple: get the ball, called a ‘Lunaro’, through the opponent’s goal at the opposite end of the arena. The team with the most points by the end of the match wins the game.

Arcata (Launcher)
To get possession of the Lunaro, you simply touch it. It will pull into your arm-mounted launcher, called your ‘Arcata’. Launch the Lunaro by tapping the fire button. Holding the fire button for the duration of the throw will launch it further. Your Arcata is also equipped with a range-limited attractor. Hold the aim button to attract the Lunaro when it is near. Catching, interceptions and guarding your team’s goal rely on this.

Clearing the Zone
Each team’s goal has a semi-circle area on the field around it, called the Zone. After scoring the attacking team must clear the defender’s zone. Attackers within the zone will have their Arcatas disabled until they clear out. Play resumes with the Lunaro dropping from the defender’s zone. Only the beginning and half-time Lunaro drops occur at center field.

Carrying The Lunaro
The Lunaro contains an ancient and unstable energy. This creates a few carrying rules for the Lunaro. First, you cannot carry the Lunaro for more than 5 seconds, or it will explode. Second, you cannot Bullet Jump with the Lunaro. Doing so drops the Lunaro immediately. These rules encourage teamwork, passing and rebounds to attain victory.

Checking
Use your melee attack and/or Arcata strikes to check other players. Checking the ball carrier will jar the Lunaro loose. Repeated checking of a player will knock them down for a short time. The Lunaro itself can also be struck, making it dangerous and unstable for a few seconds. Being hit by an unstable Lunaro will knock you down.

Passing
Good passing is crucial to winning Lunaro. When aiming near a teammate you will see a chevron appear over them. Tapping fire with this chevron up will automatically pass to that player. Keep in mind it is still possible to intercept a pass, but a passed Lunaro moves faster and more accurately to a receiver than a standard launch.

Scoring
Getting the Lunaro through the opponents goal is worth one point. If the goal is scored from outside the defender’s zone, an additional point is given. If the Lunaro is unstable during the goal, an extra point is also awarded.

Now... practice in this empty arena. Familiarize yourself with the Arcata’s launching and attracting modes. Practice scoring, rebounding and checking. Prepare yourself, Tenno, for the glory of the Lunaro!

Thanks Teshin, you stern-stud, you!

The only thing I'd add to this is good teams don't clump on the Lunaro, instead they assign roles, one guarding the goal and the others looking to make plays off of a pass.

GL;HF

Bonus QA

What happens to the Lunaro when it explodes? It knocks the carrier down and ejects in a random direction, a short distance away on the field.

How do Warframe Powers/Stats/Passive and my Mods affect it? They don't. We are trying out Lunaro as 'pure' and simple as we could stand. No powers, mods are disabled, all Warframe stats are the same... you'll still look cool as hell though!

Bullet Jump drops the Lunaro, what about Double Jump, Sliding, etc? Only Bullet Jump and over-long carry will force the Lunaro out of your Arcata (dropping it). You can even receive a pass while Bullet Jumping and Aim Glide into a sweet shot on goal. Instigated the Bullet Jump is the drop trigger. Again: You can Bullet Jump with the Lunaro in your hand, but it will leave the ball behind.

dont want too be rude steve but 

is this still coming today or we only se it 17? i will be working on the weekend and kinda hyped for new spaceninjahandballinfuture called lunaro

17 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

Do you really think a Tenno should bother more on defending relay than watching a top tier Lunaro fight?

The game mode's gonna be brand new, there won't be a "top-tier" anything for at least a couple weeks.  XD

11 minutes ago, Tymerc said:

Fair enough.

Yeah, I tried my hardest in that event but unfortunately we more or less "lost". Although to be fair it felt like some of the Fomorians lost health faster than others as if it was rigged. Or maybe we just really failed miserably at stopping them. 

It was a pretty rough patch for events, I'll definately give you that much.  Ah well.  Bygones and all that.

• Upvote 1

I have one question and one question only

can we please have those arm ribbons for PVE fasionframe

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

I think so, but I'm a bit gunshy on that right now. A few missteps and the meta is blown up. Tradeoffs would def be the way to approach it though.

Please no mods in Lunaro... That's imo the #1 thing that was done wrong in conclave 2.0. Players who are experienced at the mode(s) do not need an even bigger advantage than that experience already gives them. Just keep Lunaro pure so everyone is always on the same exact playing field (pun totally intended). Things don't always need variety to be and stay fun. Sometimes simple is best.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

Please no mods in Lunaro... That's imo the #1 thing that was done wrong in conclave 2.0. Players who are experienced at the mode(s) do not need an even bigger advantage than that experience already gives them. Just keep Lunaro pure so everyone is always on the same exact playing field (pun totally intended). Things don't always need variety to be and stay fun. Sometimes simple is best.

100/10 totally yes

if they want to add rewards for conclave please keep it at cosmetics and maybe more warframes besides excal, volt and mag

1 minute ago, ChubbysCurryMcToastKing said:

100/10 totally yes

if they want to add rewards for conclave please keep it at cosmetics and maybe more warframes besides excal, volt and mag

Another IMO here- PvE based rewards in PvP is bad. If people do not like the PvP forcing them to play it to get something they want to use elsewhere makes no business sense. Now if it's obtainable in PvE based stuff as WELL as PvP (eg like volt mag and excalibur are) then it's totally fine. I understand wanting to have exclusive rewards for playing a game-mode, but they need to be relevant TO that gamemode. And DE that does not mean "make the cosmetics only usable in conclave". That means either let us get them elsewhere or don't put them in conclave at all...

I've played 3 matches so far.

1rst: 3 - 4, lost

2nd: 0 - 50, lost (total time spent in match: 1 second, only one other player in the match)

3rd: 2 - 2, tie

I guess I'm not very good at this.

immediate problems:

throwing the ball is bound to Melee Channel... would really be nice to have a completely separate Control Binding scheme for Conclave only or Lunaro only, or something.
for now to go between playing Lunaro and the rest of Warframe, i need to change my Controls...

trying to Air/Ground Dodge, either sideways or backwards still moves forward rather than the direction of the action. these are integral parts of Movement in Warframe, but in Lunaro they don't work?

i tried throwing the ball three times in a row at one point, and the ball didn't go anywhere, just stayed in the fishball of Players. the autopickup when being near a Ball might be involved? makes it really hard for anyone other than the Host to get the Ball out of a group of Players.

Bullet Jumps feel slightly sluggish. just a tiny bit faster would feel good. at this speed something feels wrong. perhaps even just animation wise.

color blind people will have a small nightmare seeing who is on what team while playing.

Latency causes enormous issues for Lunaro. getting the ball on your screen, but then it magically vanishing out of your hand a moment later and halfway across the map, Et Cetera.
someone even said they saw two balls for a fraction of a second.

Edited by taiiat

I wish the passing system wasn't so aggressive, several times we've been in a clusterbash and I grabbed the ball and immediately go to clear it but even though I'm aiming 45 degrees up the ball gets auto passed to a teammate whos not even in my view, who's beating on the plebs on the other team.

• Upvote 1

My current feedback for Lunaro after 20 rounds

-Cooldown on checking, currently players can constantly spam this and the ball will go nowhere.

-Your team can grab the ball even after you've thrown it, somehow catching it behind you after you've aimed for the goal

The Passing system is really annoying. On at least ten different occasions, I had an open shot for goal, 2 points, no one inside the ring, and when I threw it it auto passed behind me to a teammate. The "automatically throw it to that guy" should be either a completely separate button, only happen while holding aim and throwing, or be MUCH less aggressive about forcing the pass.

The Checking system is sort of broken. Earlier I was in a game where one guy perma-checked half our team while his buddy scored repeatedly. Needs a Cooldown, or less cc per check.

Also, We should have alternate Throwers, but NOT pay gated. Something like Standard, Shooter (less drop or faster projectile speed, harder to Intercept at range, easier to intercept close up and harder for teammates to catch), Forward (harder to intercept close in, check resistance or momentum for throws, inaccurate at range, shorter pickup range or shorter hold time), Defender (better intercepts, check resistance, slower projectile, inaccurate at all ranges), Middle (easier to catch, longer hold time, check vulnerability, slower maneuvering). Maybe everyone gets the standard and can pick one of the others when they win their first game, and then randomly win another one every five/ten wins or something.

I played Lunaro and its great but can we have separated buttons for pass and shoot? cus sometmes when a teamate is infron of me i pass hm when i want to shoot the ball XD 
it will be so ease :P 

As a suggestion for telling teams apart, perhaps an aura around their feet?

Above the player is the mark for passing, on the player are their personal choices for fashion frame. So the next logical choice is below.

16 minutes ago, Mujaki said:

As a suggestion for telling teams apart, perhaps an aura around their feet?

Above the player is the mark for passing, on the player are their personal choices for fashion frame. So the next logical choice is below.

Honestly I think a full body aura would be the only one that would be enough

• Upvote 1

OKAY I feel like a HUGE amount of lost opportunity happened here with lunaro. It's a coming together of tenno to revive an old tradition of friendship, untiy and honor. If it's so important to the Tenno, then WHY ISN'T THERE A MISSION FROM TESHIN TO MAKE AN ARCATA?!?! I just load in and "woah okay... I guess I don't actually have to do anything but show up to revive this." 

WARFRAME players LOVE quests, and a short quest that's maybe 3 parts to unlock the Lunaro section of conclave would not be complained about AT ALL!! 

PART 1: Teshin calls you, hands you a void key(Or Derelict Key) and says something mystical like, "Come tenno, let us revive old traditions and strengthen the unity of our people" then you go to the void area and explains you're there to clear it out of enemies, and find blueprints for this thing called an, 'Arcata'. 

PART 2: GATHERING PARTS FOR AN ARCATA! Teshin sends you to maybe 3 places in the void (with keys given just as story keys) First key: Arcata Handle. Second Key: Arcata Bracket. Third Key: Arcata Base. Then a 5 minute build time because no one likes waiting for story S#&$. 

PART 3: Everything is set to go and you show up at the arena you cleared out expecting a fight with your weird doo-hickey. Knowing Teshin, he probably wants to send you through conclave BS and have you fight warframes right? Teshin shows up at the Arena and is all like, "Let us put your device to use tenno. This ancient armastus has bound and broke unions. It is a tradition, known as SPORT!!" (Lotus lets out epic sigh) then you get run through a tutorial sequence or something.

The whole way through Teshin can tell you about his Values of honor, the importance of union, and why he feels there is a need to add a leisure time event into daily life. 
"The world is becoming cold Tenno. It is important to remember the value of warmth and friendship" or "It is especially in times like this where people look to liesure. Not to forget the bad, but to ease the pain of past and future bygones." 

To add comedy at the climax of the mission maybe Lotus is wary of Teshins actions? L"Teshin what could possibly be so important in the void."  T"Lotus, do you not see the faces of today? They are broken and sad. They need aleviation." L"Remnants of the Orokin are best left alone teshin" 

OR DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! YOU ARE THE WRITERS AND DESIGNERS BEHIND ALL THIS!!

TL;DR IT WOULDA BEEN SUPER EZ TO ADD A QIUCK STORY AND I'M SUPER DISSAPOINTED (Thanks for new gamemode though, conclave sucks)

• Upvote 1

alright, I think most things are good, but I think the Arcata rule should be changed: I think you should have to return to your own zone before you can regain your launcher. there are people who are just somersaulting out of the Zone, then running in and grabbing the ball before the camera has finished reorienting. Basically camping the spawn. So I would change that so you don't have people using that to their advantage, which would also help out people with slower connections incase it takes them a moment to get back fromwatching the replay of the last goal. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LilyLincesa said:

alright, I think most things are good, but I think the Arcata rule should be changed: I think you should have to return to your own zone before you can regain your launcher. there are people who are just somersaulting out of the Zone, then running in and grabbing the ball before the camera has finished reorienting. Basically camping the spawn. So I would change that so you don't have people using that to their advantage, which would also help out people with slower connections incase it takes them a moment to get back fromwatching the replay of the last goal. 

It encourages having people outside the zone to dash in. The only reason its broken is because of the replay. If they got rid of the replay and the game just continued, and everyone was oriented well, it would let the defending team rally to the ball easier. They could also get rid of the "bounce" when the ball spawns; it makes it soo much easier to seal or at least disrupt the retreival. if they did both, it would encourage strategy and positioning to ensure that an offensive player stayed outside the ring and that a defensive player was near the spawn ring.

The other issue I am seeing: I think there needs to be a cooldown on how frequently either you can be knocked down by a certain person, or how frequently you can knock down one person, because it seems there are teams that will do nothing but have one guy stunlock another player by continuously kicking them. 

• Upvote 1