Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Rules!

[DE]Steve

1 hour ago, Salasay said:

It encourages having people outside the zone to dash in. The only reason its broken is because of the replay. If they got rid of the replay and the game just continued, and everyone was oriented well, it would let the defending team rally to the ball easier. They could also get rid of the "bounce" when the ball spawns; it makes it soo much easier to seal or at least disrupt the retreival. if they did both, it would encourage strategy and positioning to ensure that an offensive player stayed outside the ring and that a defensive player was near the spawn ring.

If there was more time to strategize and reposition yourself, that would be fine, but since it just picks up where you left off, that isn't really an option. Plus, even if you did, they would likely send someone to stunlock that person, and you don't really have any spare people  now that it's only 3 players. 

1 minute ago, LilyLincesa said:

If there was more time to strategize and reposition yourself, that would be fine, but since it just picks up where you left off, that isn't really an option. Plus, even if you did, they would likely send someone to stunlock that person, and you don't really have any spare people  now that it's only 3 players. 

Three people is perfect.

One defender, "Goalie," they guard the goal, and while the ball is on the other side they move up to the pillars to be ready.

One offensive player "Point," owns the opponents ring. He should be doing the drives, dunks, etc. When the ball is in his own ring, he should be in the middle of the court in order to take advantage of any clears.

One swing player, the "Shooter," plays in the middle and supports the Point and Goalie as needed.

On offense, the Shooter plays just outside the ring and coming in only if he needs to. The Point can drive and score, but he can also harass the Goalie so that the Shooter can snipe or have an easier drive. If the Point scores, the Shooter should be ready to follow up with a rush to contest the ball in the re-spawn pit, while the Point falls back. If the Shooter scores a 2, he follows himself up with a rush likewise. If he has to drive in to score, the Point edges out to prepare for the rush. Meanwhile, the Goalie plays a little forwards and is ready for any clears his way to defend.

On defense, the Goalie owns the GOAL. He keeps the goal clear and nothing else. The Shooter contests the ball, other Shooter, and works for a Clear. Both should go for the Clear, but the Goalies main focus is the goal. Meanwhile, the Point stays towards the outer edge of the ring, trying to stay free to chase any clears, but not letting the defenders be alone. If there is a clear, it is his job to get it and be ready to score. The Shooter should try to keep the rest of the team off of his back so the Point can try to have a free run to the goal. If needed, the goalie can temporarily leave the ring to keep the opponents off of the Shooter, while the Point harasses the goalie.

Steve! Where is our account migration from PC to PS4? I played over 2000 hours on my PC, donated every month (or every 75 sale bonus) and i dont want to play from zero on PS4! Now i dont play Warframe during 2 years...(Due of PC account, and i play only PS4) Please, respect old players-fans of your nice game... Tell the Sony, that they are greedy b*****s and i dont want to spend money for PS4 games until they are not allow the migration of my favorite Warframe game. :)

Edited by Aquartos

23 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

There are no dedicated servers for this release. However... we have been working on our dedicated server code solid for weeks now. We are planning to start small by releasing an experimental launcher option soon for generous Tenno willing to volunteer their beast PC/spares as dedicated server to be used by our matching system. This is coming soon for Lunaro (week(s)?). If we get enough momentum we'll be looking at expanding this as 'first come first server' for official tourneys and the like.

Are you thinking of making the dedicated server a linux client? Because if it uses no DirectX I would rather host it on a host online with a high internet speed connection than having it on my home. Just because a linux server goes for half the price a windows server goes. I also believe the launcher does require DirectX to be available (even if it does not use it) unless you are thinking of changing that for the new dedicated server part?

I am really glad you are exploring this. 

On 6/15/2016 at 1:22 PM, BrokenBullet said:

What are the rewards for the winning team?

Will mods be included with this?

Will the Arcata be a weapon in game or will it just be exclusive to Lunaro?

DE_Steve: I need you to let me have this.  I want to have an arcata and Lunaro in pve to chuck at grineer.   

So I do not know why, but when I try to play Lunaro, it's fine, and when I do everything, I can do it, except for shooting or passing. I can't aim when holding the Lunaro (or when I'm not) so I can't play the game. I can melee and move, but not shoot, pass, or aim. If anyone has any suggestions that'd be of great help. Thanks.

So I played around with the controls and for some reason, I don't if it is intentional, but the throwing button is considered my melee channel button, so I have to press the melee channel button to throw the Lunaro, and it is pretty inconvenient, because I have to switch my melee channel button every time, if I want it to be the mouse 1 button when playing. So if that isn't supposed to happen, please let me know.  

Edited by popbob123123
Figured out the problem

So playing Lunaro I'm having a blast, but there is one thing that I can't figure out and its bothering me. I understand that sliding curves your shots, but how do I choose which way the Lunaro curves?

Edit: After testing a little, I found that tapping the fire button while sliding causes the Lunaro to curve to the left, while holding the fire button, causes the Lunaro to curve to the right. I can sleep easy now.

Edited by Freeformpilot
Found the answer to my question.

Others have asked this. I am wondering if there would be beneficial to Lunaro to move the camera back a bit.

To get a more sports-feel if the field and the ball. 

I have seen many having difficulty seeing posession and such. Maby this could help with that.

Allso: operators in the crowd please!

On 15.06.2016 at 8:48 PM, [DE]Steve said:

Nope, self-goals are disabled, no danger there.

My teammate hit the ball and made it unstable, after that the ball flew through our gate and it counted +2 points to him and to the enemy team.

Spam checking is still a major thing - you can literally lock a character from playing whatsoever by never letting him get up . The second you get the ball someone is already pushing you down . Im amazed that some people make like 30 points in a match - while most of the rest just run around useless .This is quite frustrating - actually the most frustrating mode of them all . Now i know there i a skill gap , but even in team Annihilation the loosing team has a big chance to turn the tide. Here  ALWAYS one of the team TRUMPS the other by a major account. 

The thing that bugs me is that in the end only small "elite" number of players will actually play this - and while it looks fun , after 5-6 games of tottal beat down you really start to hate it ( good thing there are other thing to do in warframe) . There should be some ranking system or something , so you could at least play with someone close to your skill level and have some enjoyment . 

I think if you remove melee whatsoever , and make it that you can keep the ball for only 3 sek instead of 5 it will bring the game to what it should be- team play and finesse instead of everyone bashing each-other . 

Edited by Stanchoski

11 hours ago, Myscho said:

This definitely not attract new players

If Lunaro were anything like a proper sport, that kind of behaviour would get you kicked from the match and subsequently banned for life. Oh well, a man can dream ...

Also, I'd be more than happy if Lunaro would get its own, separate keybindings. Because I really don't get along with how they are currently mapped, but changing them screws up the rest of the game.

Edited by Bibliothekar

8 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

If Lunaro were anything like a proper sport, that kind of behaviour would get you kicked from the match and subsequently banned for life. Oh well, a man can dream ...

This is the reason why i won't play Lunaro, ever

The concept and general play is alright. Lunaro of is the only conclave game I play. However as pointed out, it needs some adjustment to stop it from being a washout. 

1. Stop check spamming. Tactical checks are fine, continuous not so much. Played 4 vs 3 match. It was 3 on 3 check spamming and be scorer . Not fun at all.

2. Protect the goalie. If you're guarding the goal area, you should be protected from checks. Goal area defined as the gold semi round the goal.

3. Protect the team zone on restart. Stun lock, stagger whatever but oppo teams are not exiting the exclusion zone on scoring.

4. Allow bullet jump

5. Get rid of replay. It's annoying and disorientates on restart.

6. Get rid of those pillars in team zones. Annoying.

7. As this is a direct copy of speedball, power ups please!

8. Fix the player distribution. 4 vs 2 gets old after a few rounds.

at least look at the above, otherwise lunaro will become the most hated of the addons.