Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #76

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, June 17th for Devstream #76!

Who: Rebecca is joined by Steve, Geoff, Scott and Sheldon! 

What: Did you see Steve's Dev Workshop https://forums.warframe.com/topic/659575-the-war-within-less-wait-more-update/ ? A major update split into Part I, II, and III – say what? Did you see www.warframe.com/thepath? If not – click away, because this Devstream is going to go over in more detail the exact types of revisions, changes, and additions these Updates are bringing! We’ll also be settling an age old stream rivalry with a match of Lunaro… don't miss what will surely be a demonstration of raw Lunaro prowess.
We'll also be taking your questions about the 3-part Update, so list them here or during the twitch.tv chat.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, June 17th at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Thread closes at 10 a/m on Friday, June 17th!

Which update has the fairy frame?!

Additional questions, Any chance for a 3D map for Archwing? To further explain, will there ever be a mini map that accurately shows where an enemy is in relation to the player character, look to this thread of mine for an example.

Can the devs mention anything about damage 3.0 or how they wish to balance enemy scaling? Will there ever be a level cap for enemies?

And controversial question time, What does DE plan on doing about the Nullifier issue?

Edited by Hixlysss
Additional Questions

On the first page!

Super excited for U19

Replayable Quests? I'm not even looking for the rewards.

What about the Mandatory Mod/Multishot rework that was mentioned some time ago?

Also, I believe there was some mention of reworking mod fusion so that it would be much simpler?

Do you devs ever see an endpoint for Warframe, either in content or story/universe? Ex - there are only 30 MR tests in the simulacrum, foreshadowing maybe? Will the war between the Grineer and Corpus ever end?

What about the new market update that was shown a few devstreams ago? If memory serves, DERebecca said that it was almost finished.

What about the new Archwing content? Are you ever going to look at Archwing defense? Will Archwing ever be implemented in normal PVE play like in the submersible missions on Uranus? It feels really disconnected right now. Have you ever considered a 'target lock' mechanic for Archwing, rather than the current ADS? Even if you resize the enemies, which was mentioned a long time ago, I still think targeting will be a problem. I might be wrong though.

What about Ash's Bladestorm rework?

Any news on enemy balancing?

Can we assume that after OP abilities are balanced, OP weapons will be next?

After Specters of the Rail is released, and with it Starchart 3.0, what is the next aspect to get a pass? Hoping it's energy. Energy is supposed to be the limiting factor of our warframes, preventing ability spam. However, it no longer does this with things like EV, restores, Zenurik, Primed Flow, etc. Not to mention that endgame stuff requires one ability or another to be active. We need a new regulator for abilities.

Can we get the extended Second Dream music that was shown at PAX added into the PS4 dynamic theme?

How do you feel about enemies/void missions with bloated loot tables? Thinking specifically of T3 survival, Stalker, Conculysts, etc.I don't really mind the grind, but it feels really discouraging when so much is crammed into one drop table.

Besides augments, what's the next big thing for syndicates?

Why are there no Unairu polarity mods?

What about the focus changes that were mentioned some time ago?

Are we ever going to get new Corrupted enemies?

Will the Sentients ever attack us on different locales? Will we ever fight Hunhow? Does he even have a physical body?

After learning about the Tenno, why do the Stalker and Sentients still only attack our warframes?

Edited by (PS4)KaiDragneel

By rough order of importance and/or current relevance:

1) From a design point of view, what is the role of Augments (at this point)?

1b) In view of that, are Warframe Augments going to get a pass? Thinking specifically of Greedy Pull, but also e.g. Vexing Retaliation, all the 1->buff augments, all of Limbo's augments, Explosive Legerdemain, Well of Life/Pool of Life, and possibly others - but off the top of my head.

2) I admit, I've not played Dark Sector, but the Glaive has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now. Any chance that the richochet mechanic will be looked at? I don't think I've ever seen a bounce hit something.

2b) On that note, do you consider thrown melee to be in a good place (what with bounces being, afaik, completely ineffectual - as above -, their attack-cycle length, the inherent 2-3 mod slot tax required to make them usable (Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind(, Entropy Flight), their not being affected by melee combo... and all of which are mod slots you can't use to increase their damage)?

2c) What about having Altfire while in melee-mode immediately throw your thrown melee? Since it doesn't do anything atm.
(Would also dovetail nicely with Reload or Altfire switching modes for the Split Sword, if that ever happens.)

3) When considering any new Focus/Convergence changes, please keep Spy missions in mind? :'(
tl;dr - Convergence has killed Spy missions as a source of Focus.

4) Anything being done to make stealth prompt-kills more fluid, less vulnerability/visibility-inducing? Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.

5) Given Steve's thoughts on disconnecting cosmetics and gameplay, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?
Also, any UI improvement/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?

6) Given the recent reintroduction of the EMP aura - Are you happy with the current state of Auras in general? (3-rank auras, all the V auras being additive straight damage (both lacking in variety and growing less beneficial as your base damage mods improve), D auras being: Situational (Infested Impedance), useless (Physique) and alright (Rejuvenation), - auras having Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, the Radars and every other beneficial aura excepting Rejuvenation.)

7) Given that it's obvious that 'all weapon were not made equal', is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear? After all, Scott has said on at least a couple of previous Devstreams that he has some kind of tiering system when creating new weapons.

8) Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?

9) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)

10) Have any changes been made to the announced next batch of weapon augments (these), based on the feedback given?
10b) Nullifers completely shut down Magnetize. However, take Magnetize add in a Miter (physical projectile with punchthrough) and the bubble burst augment...
Yay for hard-counter pileups, I guess.

11) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?

12) Nitain was nominally added to give players a reason to run credit-only alerts... Except that it A) didn't address credit-only alerts at all, what with not being a credit-only alert and with B) credit-only alerts still existing.

So, any followup?

13) Can syndicate procs please not activate while you have the stealth multiplier buff up? (Seems both an easier and simpler solution than putting them under player control.)

14) Snipers: Scope-sway is irritating and possibly inapproriate (do 'frames need to breathe, have a cardiovascular system?), but I can live with it. That said: Any word on removing hipfire accuracy malus from snipers? Please? Or at least removing it faster so quickscoping is possible.

14b) Similarly, removing spread from bows in Conclave. (I'll see if I can dig up the thread. Nope. Was by Sixty5, iirc, but was during a period of Forum derps.)

15) You have tracking data on completed missions. Has there been any talk about unplayed or disliked (e.g. here) mission types?

16) How will 'Damage / Enemy Scaling 3.0' affect status weapons' underpreformance in DE Approved Content enemy-levels compared with crit (or even decent straight-damage) weapons?

16b) Will this finally redeem the Sure Shot et al. mods? (+% status, 15% at rank 5 - where the dualstats give 60% at rank 3)

17) Reticule customisation? Particularly in Archwing, the crosshairs dot can be very hard to see.

18) Speaking of Archwing - What about removing aura-inheritence and just giving them an aura slot? Are there any particular cons?

19) Options to disable/limit screen shake and auto-mantle?

20) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

20b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

21) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation.

22) How static vs. dynamic is Warframe intended to be? If primarily dynamic - and given the repeated statements (and a freaking anti-afk measure based solely on) that you don't want people sitting in a single spot for extended periods of time - what's the design logic behind low-range 'emanation'-type buffs? (such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Mirage's Total Eclipse Zephyr's Jet Stream and now Vauban's passive.)

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot') to get any benefit from them. Which is something of a mixed message.

----

Trimmed the list, removed addressed points.

Edited by Chroia

Dual ranged melee?
SrSc4Er.png
ie: 2 small hammers.

Normal strikes switches between strikes like Zoren, sneak attack smashes head in between hammers, toss one at a time or a big charged throw with both. If hitting ground the hammers could splash an electric or blast aoe)

EDIT:
I second -Amaterasu-'s post below. Was in the dojo today and it feels super-outdated.
Maybe we could add a little rpg-element like having "roles" you take when logging off?
This could both get you more connected to your dojo, reminding you that it's there, and also add a little more "worth" to players that have joined a clan but play casually. They still benefit the clan, even if they are not alwasys able to play.
Ie:
Log off and work in:
Grineer Labs - shortens research time.
Hangar - Speeds up Extractor mining time and recovery.
Cargo Area - Adds a small bonus of Extractors loot to the clan vault.

etc.

Edited by Lactamid

Will dojos be getting a look at any time soon? Right now they feel pretty neglected sort of like everyone just stopped after the research rooms were added, I'd love to see some new rooms / Decorations / Things to do that actually give an incentive to spend any ammount of time there for anything at all since in their current state most players only seem to want to join clans for research and trading.

Chroma has been ignored for some time (No proper passive, coloration issues: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/615004-chroma-coloration-issues/#comment-6915676, and a lackluster 1st and 4th power that need some retooling) When is the dragon gonna get some love and what might that love entail?

Edit: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/660298-chromas-tail/ has been brought to our attention too. When can we expect custom/improved physics for his tail?

Edited by Cradicias

In terms of lore, the Codex's primary purpose of implementation (if I remember correctly) was to provide lore to incentivize the scanning and completion of the entries, however at this point only a small portion of the codex entries contain any lore whatsoever. While pages of text are not necesary for every entry it certainly feels lacking that so many don't have anything that tells us them, is this problem something you were aware of before? Do you have any ideas to deal with this (like small batches of lore for some entries once in a while)?

When it comes to bosses, lately there has been a trend of involving reworked and new ones into either events, quests or both; which serves as a way to formally introduce the boss and show off it's personality, however two bosses of old were made before this and have been left out: Lech Kril and Lephantis. These two bosses, unlike the rest of the 'finished' ones are just there, without any significant story tie-in, therefore are there any plans to remedy this situation with these two bosses in the future, wether it be via events or quests?

Q1: Any thoughts on expanding the roles of Clans? There was talk about Clan missions long ago, and I would love more ways to interact with Clans as a whole.

Q2: Have there been any new developments on increasing Lore for pre-existing item descriptions? There are items in our inventory, enemies in the codex with bare descriptions or none at all and there are many instances where short descriptions could be made for non-key items to tell us more about the factions, their society, and even create small interconnecting stories with reoccurring character names in a similar way the Dark Souls series does referencing lands and people that we never see, but hear and learn about through these optional text descriptions. I feel this would be an easier way to fill the gaps with side stories without having to include mega updates with events to do so. This may also be a way to foreshadow events or characters to be relevant in the future.

Q3: With the release of the Dark Split-Sword and its ability to utilize different stances, would it be possible to allow switching between two stances to be available mid mission? It would also be really interesting to be able to switch between them mid combo and creating a new flurry of attacks. Being able to change stances mid mission for all weapons would also be interesting.

Q4: What plans are in the works for expanding Syndicates? We currently barter Standing for mods and weapons, we had a special event mission for Steel Meridian and other factions becoming involved, what else can we expect in the future?

Q5: It was stated by Steve that playing Lunaro would result in players receiving Conclave standing like the standard PvP mode. What rewards can we expect to be able to purchase? Currently, the vast majority of Conclave rewards are weapon mods for the standard PvP modes and gun skins that are not used in Lunaro so there would need to be things available to support this new mode like Warframe skins, sigils, syandanas, and armor pieces (Themed with the Orokin sport in mind, and maybe even Lunaro inspired decoratons for the ship) in order to support this new, non combative mode.

Basic ones really... Any word on the upcoming custom holsters?

How about cloth physics for Frost and any others who need them/need theirs updated?

What about expanding our appearance/confiug tabs past ABC? ABC is no longer enough with all these cosmetics we keep getting. Same goes for mods.

Edited by Naith