Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #76

[DE]Rebecca

Hey! I made a post in the General Discussion Forums, https://forums.warframe.com/topic/660684-kubrows-into-kavats-a-sad-tory-with-a-happy-ending/, but i'll place it here too:

2 Years ago, Thunder, my friend since birth, passed away at the ripe old age of 20, only a few short days before our shared birthday. She was such a beautiful cat, with her blue-ish grey fur coat. She used to sleep next to me every night, and was always around me if she could help it... The next day I logged onto Warframe, to help alleviate the pain by keeping myself busy... but what I was greeted with when I logged on was... something spectacular.

My first Kubrow pup had hatched... Female... blue/grey color... A Raksa...

"...The Perfect Companion..."

"...Never Far From Its Masters Side..."

It was Thunder... I couldn't help but feel a mixture of happiness and sadness wash over me at the sight of her sitting there in my Liset...

Fast-foreword to the present, after countless missions together, she still sleeps there in my Liset between missions.

When I heard about Kavats being introduced into the game, I couldn't help but hope that maybe I would be able to turn Thunder into one.

Do you think we will be able to use Kubrow imprints on Kavats, or maybe even turn a Kubrow into a Kavat as a one-off type deal?

• We've had elements, we've had anti-matter and death, now we're about to have a fairy warframe. However, each new frame has been just that, a single frame. Have you ever thought of creating a twin warframe? Two separate frames controlled at the same time, both equipped with the same weapons but only dealing half the damage each. Would such a frame be possible?
  • Is there a chance Tennogen cosmetic items will ever have a platinum alternative? Say if the creator would not mind receiving platinum as a form of compensation for their work, could there be an option to purchase their creation using either money or platinum?
  • Lastly, will we ever be able to toggle Trinity Strega's skirt?

1.) Will.we finally get .dojo/CLAN content

2). You mark sectors will those be returning

3.) Will pvp ever get a LEADER board spot for clans to reflect our skill maybe a.total conclave rank(as this is.underused)  or total 4).  Will the war within give us a bamf weapon/cosmestic collection because #fashionframe

Tons of questions! Here we go~

1. LUNARO
Love the concept, but for some reason it's very hard to play, I don't know if it's just that I keep getting thrown into high latency games or what, but my swings never feel properly impactful. Expecting tweaks to make things run smoother, but I'd love to hear other thoughts on this!

2. PRIME VAULT ACCESS
What's the timeline? I am dying to get my hand on the Targis Prime armor set, jussayin (;

3. NEW DUAL DAGGER STANCE
Release window for this? I'm dying for a new stance for my Fang Prime (:

4. MELEE IDLE STANCES
With the release of custom holstering positions, will we ever see unique/customizable melee idle animations? I'd love to show off my Nikana outside of its sheathe :D

5. DE MADE ALT HELMS
As the Steam Workshop has kicked off, we've seen a number of awesome skin and helmet additions to the game. However, I've noticed that DE has not released any additional alt helms (other than the one alt helm per new warframe that comes out with their release). Does this indicate that DE is leaving the smaller items to the community, and that y'all's focus has shifted to making all the deluxe skins? Or can we expect to see another wave of alt helms in the future?

6. TENNOGEN LOSERS
For the weapons that lost in the polycount contest, i.e. the Grineer Galatine (one of my absolute favs), is there a chance we will ever see those in game? Or are they forever doomed? Because that thing was my jam xD

7. DUAL DAGGERS AND COVERT LETHALITY
Will Dual Daggers ever get access to this mod? It makes the Fang Prime saddeningly... underwhelming when it doesn't have access to such a powerful mod.

8. THANK YOU!!!!!!
I have been playing ever since the game went into full-on Open Beta (and one Open Beta weekend before that?) and it's been fantastic to see all the awesome you've created. (:

So, when do We Get Pet Charger's? I Mean, we Have Dogs and Now Cats, Can we Have a Higher Variety than that ir are we Stuck with the Basics of Stuff? And Why is it that Console Players (PS4 and XB1) Have to Always wait for Update's to our game? Sure doesn't seem fair at all to us Console's.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)ManticShip64 said:

So, when do We Get Pet Charger's? I Mean, we Have Dogs and Now Cats, Can we Have a Higher Variety than that ir are we Stuck with the Basics of Stuff? And Why is it that Console Players (PS4 and XB1) Have to Always wait for Update's to our game? Sure doesn't seem fair at all to us Console's.

I can answer the console question, Two reasons:

1. Since updates are ported from PC, formatting to console cide takes time.

2. Consoles and especially Xbox from Microsoft has a certificate process where they check that the patch is working before it can be supplied. This means a slower patching process to improve quality of patches. This one is on the console developers, not on DE.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

31 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I can answer the console question, Two reasons:

1. Since updates are ported from PC, formatting to console cide takes time.

2. Consoles and especially Xbox from Microsoft has a certificate process where they check that the patch is working before it can be supplied. This means a slower patching process to improve quality of patches. This one is on the console developers, not on DE.

Having worked with console development I can confirm this. Content patches take especially long in terms of validation and certification, while on PC DE has direct control of what gets released and what does not. While it may not seem fair, PC users have their downside too, which in turn is an upside for console users.

While content is available on PC earlier, it gives players time to find the weird bugs we often see fixed in hotfixes that sometimes get released the same day as a major update. With the time it takes an update to go through certification on consoles, this would mean that some game breaking bugs would exist for several days before they are fixed. So, while pc gets updates sooner, we tend to sit through one or two iterations of bug fixes ironing out the kinks, while console folks get a single update that contains several well refined pieces of new content.

1. Will there ever be a Sea of Rollers Event? ( I mean hundreds upon hundreds)

2.The default helmet for the little kids, will I be able to close/open it?

3. The other thing is that will we be able to control the kids doing something (ie, move, jump, and all that jazz) or just walk around in the orbiter?

4. Is Nerf Ayno only going to be an event boss/sponser or will he get his area in the sol system or beyond?

5. Is there a possibility of gaining lore besides synthesizing targets through "news paper", and other media outlet for the current events while the sanctuary lore is for the past?

6. Fashion Frame Competition when will it be?

7. DE have you ever discussed for a possible museum/art center where symaris has his "sanctuary" at on display? I really love the modern gardens in the dojo tile set.

1) Lunaro seems like a fun game mode, but I totally suck at it. One game I had, my whole team quit, but I decided to stay and fight till the end. By the end of it, I scored 0 points because I was on defense most of the time, but I got rewarded nothing. This game mode rewards only points for those who rush in to get the goal, but does little in turn for those who attempt to take a defensive position. Do you plan to change the reward system to reward the more defensive or less competent playstyle?

2) Enemy variety is really low in this game. Every mission you fight the same type of Grineer, the same type of Corpus, the same type of Infested, and the same type of Voidlings over and over again. Do you have any plans of adding more variety in the enemies to fight from tileset to tileset?

What do you think about remodelling defense missions a bit? Like for all enemies that are killed you get points,and with these points you can place defensive weapons,like turrets,flamethrowers,or even those lasers on void defense missions?