Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Lunaro

[DE]Megan

Lunaro is a fun way of variation to the normal gameplay/conclave. But IMO it's currently just another useless minigame you play 1 or 2 times and thats it. After all you dont get any Conclave points for playing Space Lacrosse Lunaro.

It would be more challenging and entertaining if Lunaro gives Conclave points, like 100pts for a score per team and another 1000pts for victory or something like that.

•    Fixed some cases where Ash’s Fatal Teleport Augment wouldn't auto finish enemies moving quickly.
•    Fixed Ash’s Fatal Teleport Augment failing to activate when moving too quickly (bullet jump, etc.).

These only fix for the HOST, Fatal Teleport still fails quite often as a client.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH STAGGER

Even with the recent patch, there are plenty of problems

I am sick and tired of being STUNLOCKED by ONLY 1 ennemey, PERMANENTLY, so i can't finish the game and goal for my team mates who are beginners (They can't play properly against good players oc, i'm not angry for that).

That's disgusting... just disgusting.

lunaro is a a good game but the rules are weak , for example , you are playing and winning against other player " 1 x 1 " , but  onther player enter in the enemy team , and now is 2x1  ,  you can't win this game any more ....  it mekes me furious 

Spoiler

I've been really supportive of DE in the past, and I know that they are a good company, but here is where I draw the line. I hate lunaro. I really really do. The controls are bad, any slight latency issue and everything ceases to make any sense, any premade team can EASILY dominate any other team. I just CAN'T believe you wasted time and resources on this. I just don't see how you looked at Warframe as a game and though, "you know what our space ninja game needs? Sports." You could have spent all of that time and resources on literally anything else. I don't play warframe to play a broken version of lacross against other players. I play warframe to shoot and stab stuff. You could have spent that time on polishing PvP, or another prime, or more enemies, or some big global event or SOMETHING. Not a crummy, infuriating sport. It just doesn't make any sense for the game as a whole. Hell if you want to build community put watchable pvp rooms in the relays. Or a relay obstacle course. Literally anything else. 

3 hours ago, Cutbait said:

I've been really supportive of DE in the past, and I know that they are a good company, but here is where I draw the line. I hate lunaro. I really really do. The controls are bad, any slight latency issue and everything ceases to make any sense, any premade team can EASILY dominate any other team. I just CAN'T believe you wasted time and resources on this. I just don't see how you looked at Warframe as a game and though, "you know what our space ninja game needs? Sports." You could have spent all of that time and resources on literally anything else. I don't play warframe to play a broken version of lacross against other players. I play warframe to shoot and stab stuff. You could have spent that time on polishing PvP, or another prime, or more enemies, or some big global event or SOMETHING. Not a crummy, infuriating sport. It just doesn't make any sense for the game as a whole. Hell if you want to build community put watchable pvp rooms in the relays. Or a relay obstacle course. Literally anything else. 

And soon we'll get giant space cats, that will most likely be ranked to 30 and then replaced by the carrier... At this point I kind of lost hope that I'll ever  like this game again.

Edited by Corni

• 1 month later...

Why bring back the very thing people hated in the original design? Staggering is a bad and random design that promotes "Check spamming" games.

The new maps floor shouldn't have random uneven areas, if this is meant to be a competitive mode...make the player have control and not pray of luck.

Checks should make the opposing player drop the ball, the old system was fine before. Did anyone ask for this change?

Bugs making the player able to hold the ball without the 5 second drop commonly occurs.

Connection ensure everyone in the lobby except host has over 500 ping.

Complete step back for lunaro, almost all of the changes to the games dynamics were not required.

• 1 month later...

Never taugt i'd come on the forum for this but it has to be done

After more than 1000 matches i want to state my opinion on some problems(could've done it earlier :p)

On the latest updates:

-Random check immunity not needed, or at least make it controlable.

-passing not working under some conditions (when passer have wall to the back or just got staggered, when receiver double jump or other moves etc....)

overall:

-"beginers" or "casual players" stopped playing because it is almoast guaranteed that a veteran player while join and steal all the fun. The problem here is that when clicking on the lunaro window you commit to start a match without any information or balance system beforehand. Would be nice to have a lobby window, or giving the choice to join an "easier" match when possible, dunno..... kind of tricky i understand.

-the framerate that is in the 'display' option affects the gameplay to a huuuuge extent, alot of actions cannot be done without high fps and even some actions cannot be done without low fps...... it's adding balancing problems to the already well know 'hosting' problem. Don't know anything bout fps only that i'm a beast when over 100 so i can't help you on this one.

Lunaro concept is awesome, very awesome. Even with alllll those problems surrouding it ppl still play it.

Do what you can DE :), we'll still be there even if you don't.

Edited by Caorun

• 6 years later...

I deeply, deeply love Lunaro. 
It kept me playing during the interim between Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos. 
Made some good friendships with people who were far far better at it than I was. 
I honestly got to rank 3 conclave just playing 1v1s with randos and a few friends.
I know it'll never be a priority.
But honestly nothing would make me happier than to see some simple bots added to Lunaro. 
They wouldn't have to be perfect, just good enough to get the ball in and try to steal it away from me. 
It'd also make it a lot easier to introduce other players to it. 
I know I'm like 1 of the 4 people who care about Lunaro. 
But as one of those 4 people, I can say none of us would Mind bots as long as we had an option to toggle them on or off in private games. 
The other 3 people who care about the shooty side of Conclave are honestly very selfish for shooting down features like this. 
Bots in conclave would lower the barrier of entry immensely. 
Now I doubt that'd be enough to get player interest in PvP. 
But I think it would get people interested in Lunaro. 

Am I sorry for this necro-post? 
No not really just want to show my love for the greatest sport to grace us Tenno. 
That and the Zariman Luno Court brought back a flood of emotion.

Edited by Hacker_lyx
  • Like 3