Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

After coptering, the best way to get around was to double jump after airslide to build momentum, but now you lose all that momentum on the second jump, making the only fast movement the wonky console-peasant-esque bulletjump doublejump followed by roll, which was better for immediate momentum, but doesn't allow you to build speed as high thanks to bullet jump resetting your momentum every damn time you use it.

===============

**Update notes from [DE]Taylor:**

Please note that this thread is a discussion about this fix from the Lunaro Update:

• Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes. 

However, there was also a bug affecting PVE movement speeds that was fixed in Hotfix - Lunaro 2:

• Fixed an issue with Warframe movement speed multipliers not working outside of the Conclave. The normalization of speeds for Lunaro was improperly being inherited in PvE. 
Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed swearing and non-constructive feedback

Yeah, I really dislike the parkour nerf. And can someone tell me why it was needed? The old way was more fun, higher skill, and an integral part of feeling like a ninja, which is sort of the point of this game imo. It's not like we were cheesing content with our mastery of parkour, it was just more fun and a bit faster.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Yeah, I really dislike the parkour nerf. And can someone tell me why it was needed? The old way was more fun, higher skill, and an integral part of feeling like a ninja, which is sort of the point of this game imo. It's not like we were cheesing content with our mastery of parkour, it was just more fun and a bit faster.

My only guess is it's PVP related.

Speaking of which: The reason people don't play PVP is because they want to play PVE, not PVP. There's lots of PVP games to play. Not so many PVE games.

PvP dosn't even work well for this game's mechanics anyway, they have to change or strip down half of the game to make it work and even then it's broken in some parts. If you ask me, PvP should be far more separate from the game than it already is. 

I would rather be a squad of grineer fighting base level players who control warframes and have interesting gamemodes and such. Maybe that is just me because i like playing games with variety in their PvP. 

11 hours ago, superbot34 said:

PvP dosn't even work well for this game's mechanics anyway, they have to change or strip down half of the game to make it work and even then it's broken in some parts. If you ask me, PvP should be far more separate from the game than it already is. 

I would rather be a squad of grineer fighting base level players who control warframes and have interesting gamemodes and such. Maybe that is just me because i like playing games with variety in their PvP. 

Stop with the PvP hate. There are people that enjoy playing PvP a lot. Just because you always like to play PvE doesn't mean no one likes to PvP.

And that assumption is forced, wait and see what is the cause.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory comment

54 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

My only guess is it's PVP related.

Speaking of which: The reason people don't play PVP is because they want to play PVE, not PVP. There's lots of PVP games to play. Not so many PVE games.

PvP always becoming the scapegoat eh?

Just saying, PvP and PvE changes are said by DE to be completely separate from each other.

5 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

PvP always becoming the scapegoat eh?

Just saying, PvP and PvE changes are said by DE to be completely separate from each other.

If by pointing out that PvP dosn't work because they will never make it function properly without someone finding something OP and every spamming it, then i guess that is the new definition of "scapegoat", yeah. Just like pointing out that Archwing is a rehash of the base game is a "scapegoat". 

some people go around playing sorties and raids all day for some reason, but i don't go around saying that no one should play it or it's stupid. If you like PvP, then play PvP, but don't get defensive when someone points out the problems. 

oh also i meant separate as in make it have far different mechanics. 

Edited by superbot34

I think something just got royally screwed up with movement in general. That or they did some serious dirty this patch. I just recently did a sprint speed parse of Loki Vs Rhino with the same Sprint speed of 1.63 and Rhino beats Loki by about 7 seconds. I  have a video if you wana see but I just can't think that's intentional.

Just now, superbot34 said:

If by pointing out that PvP dosn't work because they will never make it function properly without someone finding something OP and every spamming it, then i guess that is the new definition of "scapegoat", yeah. Just like pointing out that Archwing is a rehash of the base game is a "scapegoat". 

The person I was replying to thinks that the PvE movement nerf is related to PvP. I wasn't even replying to you, but you're oddly defensive about your point.

Scapegoat ===> Our Movement got nerfed! ===> It's all PvP's fault!

Just now, Rorgal_Sina said:

The person I was replying to thinks that the PvE movement nerf is related to PvP. I wasn't even replying to you, but you're oddly defensive about your point.

Scapegoat ===> Our Movement got nerfed! ===> It's all PvP's fault!

Oh well you are confused then, because i wasn't comparing movement speed nerf to PvP's problems, i was simply pointing out the main issue with PvP. The movement speed nerf is a separate issue but both game modes have it because both game modes use the exact same movement system. 

1 minute ago, superbot34 said:

Oh well you are confused then, because i wasn't comparing movement speed nerf to PvP's problems, i was simply pointing out the main issue with PvP. The movement speed nerf is a separate issue but both game modes have it because both game modes use the exact same movement system. 

But my original post wasn't even replying to you....

WHY?!

There was no reason to "fix" air momentum! I don't want it to take 20 minutes to do 1 capture mission. Being able to jump and flip is part of being a ninja, and being a super powered space ninja you would expect them to be able to go fast.

Why on earth would they do this?

I posted this in the bugs section cuz I just assumed it was a bug. My Loki is using Rush at 1.63 speed and my Rhino is using Rush + Vanguard at 1.63 speed. Yet it's obvious the Loki is slower. This is why I can only hope these movement issues are unintentional. The numbers don't match the performance, it makes no sense.

EDIT: This is confirmed as being fixed with tonight's patch.

Edited by Xzorn

Patch notes mention this.

Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes. 

Indeed, the current state of PvE movement is (to put it bluntly) a rather sizeable mess.  I spent time testing out various things and it's quite shocking how much we've lost in terms of raw obtainable velocity, snappiness of control, and evasive capabilities.

The difference in movement snappiness is very large when looking at what we've got right now compared to the prior (Pre-Lunaro) state of Parkour 2.0.  All in all, it's a straight bad change as far as I'm concerned.  The fact that a double jump will always just straight reduce your momentum now is pretty silly.  It heavily removes the actual point to the very existence of said double jump, since its height gain factor is already negligible.  These changes sucked the fun factor from what make Parkour 2.0 an interesting movement style for me, which is a real bummer.

Momentum shenanigans aside, if dodge rollling didn't feel clunky now it would at least be somewhat salvagable.  But at the moment things are really mixedup.  As it stands currently, you're better off staying on the ground entirely when it comes from point to point movement, jumping is basically a pure hindrance to speed at the moment.