Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 1

[DE]Rebecca

I noticed no difference in the check spam. I also didn't like the 3v3. I was trying to be a dedicated goalie which stopped our opponents a little bit, but the other 2 couldn't keep up and we lost 15 to 2. Having that extra 3rd player would have been very helpful. You need to add some sort of ranking progression for PvP so new and experienced players aren't put in unfair matches. That's like, basic PvP design, yo.

Edited by PublikDomain

Instead of adding stuff like lunaro, you could start working through all the things that aren't really working well with the core game-play. Things like matchmaking, the trade system, recruitment. Things like enemy scaling and how epic monumental the grind roulette has become.

Hoooooly censorship, Prodman. Way to delete half my post and leave it grammatically less sound, mods.

Edited by Aebara
My post got censored, gg.

6 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

The nerfs have gone too far! They're even nerfing numbers now!

You joke, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is to lower awareness of just how long it's been since they said "yeah, we're going to fix so-and-so" or "yeah, we'll implement such-and-such" without any progress being reported.

Just now, Aebara said:

You joke, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is to lower awareness of just how long it's been since they said "yeah, we're going to fix so-and-so" or "yeah, we'll implement such-and-such" without any progress being reported.

Oh, jeez.

30 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

Tried Lunaro.

10 minutes is too long.

Was getting checked by people that weren't near me (and on one occasion that I never even saw), and literally had the ball teleport out of my hand with no indication as the game decided that the host had the ball, and not me.

Seems like a fun idea, but it needs dedicated servers.

i agree they need a server so it balances out the host lag. very fun idea. another idea would be to add it as a joke weapon for the normal missions. I'd probaly play it longer then the 10 minutes. just the lag adds more confusion then anything.

I like to play this Lunaro and it's feel so competitive truly is especially chasing that ball and catch it especially after stealing. Yeah it's quite fun and hype train for that won't mind practising further

But what I can see the worst part about this Lunaro it's kinda feel like need it's own dedicated server instead because it's feel so sudden lag sometimes without noticing got the ball suddenly or suddenly the ball gone or the other players already poof magically teleport on the other side while steal the ball. Doesn't make sense playing it while brainstorming to catch the ball and throw it and repeat all over again it magically poof. Meh..

Sometimes for no reason I feel like own teammates actually steal the ball lol or maybe it's some lagged when I actually not acquired the ball for no reason and suddenly appear toward my teammate instead which actually made this game way confusing between allies too.

Anyway good job for new game mode "Lunaro" :)

44 minutes ago, DEDENX said:

Can we please get a toggle on the loader to turn the music off?

On Windows Vista and above, open Volume Mixer and mute the Launcher. This setting will be saved automatically across restarts of both the launcher and your computer.

Feels very sluggish. No check-blocking?! Come on! Back somersault goes nowhere and not useful. Need more ways to juke, block, dodge and evade checks.

No wall-hang?!

Please provide better indication/notification of Lunaro possession.

Hello everyone.
I think I have a problem with the new update.

In mission my gear (scanner, energy etc.) was empty.
In the Liset when I put them back, I only have one part of the gear (1 scanner, 1 energy, etc.)

Anyone with the same problem?

Edited by K4RTH0NyX

unfortunately, without a pretty radical change to the way checking works, even dedicated servers and 3v3 matches wont fix lunaro.

in it's current state, it wont be more than a few weeks and it'll be a totally dead game-mode. ive played 4 matches and im totally done with it until fixes.

Edited by Titothebandit

I'd like to see an AI team. Give all the syndicates with a phony league. lol... Its a fun mode

Lunaro though, My Sun squad had a minute where we could'nt use our arcata (the arm thing) inside our zone after the ball reset in our zone from a goal. Did'nt seem like it was due to lag as people were still moving around and moon was able to pickup the ball and get a few free goals. We just could'nt use rmb to grab the ball or even pick it up by walking into it.

It's weird because moon were getting first dibs on sun's ball after a goal was scored.

Anyway the lag really hurts this mode allot. I think i'll give it a rest until the next few patches or we get some changes to the hosting rules.

Edited by CarrotSalad

2 hours ago, thelostspy007 said:

my operator unexpectedly reset all options a few days ago and i had to recustomize. does anyone else have this issue?

it seems to happen when your connection to the host during coop missions is lost. I managed to fix my instabilities in the connection and now the issue is gone.

Feels odd that matchmaker would allow 2v1. Should really have a function where you should be able to choose what kind of match you want. 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 and then matchmaker will add one in. Makes no sense how you can have a random person enter in the middle of a match and suddenly you have a 3v2 and change everything.

Also it feels odd that after a goal your positions don't reset. Makes more sense that everyone warps to original positions. It's a bit clunky to have a "Clear the area"

Seems that when I go to tinker with my mods now, and I organize them by "PRICE"  It will only organize them from lowerst to highest cost, whereas previously it was highest to lowest.  Is this a glitch, or did I just click something that inverted how it orders the list?  Because, I'm finding it REALLY handy having immediate sorting access to all 200 of my unranked bronze fast hands mods... yeah.

Not bad so far with Lunaro. I think my experience was a counterpoint to the check-spam complaints that I've been seeing. 

I'd have 2-3 of the opposing team trying to lock me down most of the time in game. Was it annoying? Sure, kind of, but it also meant less (or no) obstruction for my teammates to sail past and score. Every time the opposing team would decide to converge on check-locking me down, it was practically like being handed the tank role. And in objective-based content that's fine. The tank role is the distraction, the waste of opponents' time that allows one's teammates' offense to go on unopposed. Multiple people spam-checking a single target simply detracts from able bodies contributing to the actual goal. 

It's objective PvP in its most fundamental form: every action is a time trade. It's not about being some untouchable all-star mvp towering above one's peers in every display of bravado possible, it's about functioning effectively as a dynamic unit. If one's opponents want to waste their time spamming checks nonstop, then that's exactly what they're doing: wasting their time. 

All in all, I think it's pretty good. If some people are upset because effective play in it doesn't feed some tryhard hero complex, well then that sounds like a personal problem. Giving it an honest look, the design is pretty solid so far. It's a nice change of pace. Once the dust settles I can see myself still doing it every now and then.

Please revert the momentum changes back already. We're space ninjas, not zerg tanks. If you want a tanky warframe, make one with a power armor made out of void energy Number 4 skill. Not make the awesome Parkour 2.0 janky. We want to spring and vault like Ninjas. Not wobble like amateur sumo wrestlers.