Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 2

[DE]Megan

Just now, Pendragon1951 said:

Is there anyway to indicate visually what team a player is on because if you load in the middle of the game there is no way of knowing

Well, you have the energy color and that right arm emblem thing that denotes which team you're on.

But yeah, first time I got into a game I thought I was a member of the opposing team xD

With regards to something that's getting rather annoying in Lunaro, can we add some resistance to knockdowns when you're in your goal area (the gold zone right in front of your goal). As it is right now, even with 3 players on each team, oftentimes the enemy team will have one player who stays on your side abusing the goalie which makes being an effective goalie impossible. I'm not saying that there should be knockdown immunity, but if we can get some resistance or even instant knockdowns when you're in your own goal area will help immensely with goalie abusers.

Furthermore, idk if its possible, but right now the Sun team often has an advantage because it holds the host, and that leads to lag issues oftentimes. For example, the ball will often skip or ignore players when thrown by the host due to slight lag. I've literally been standing in front of the goal and the ball would teleport past me, as I could see in the replay.

Finally (this is the edit), there seems to be a bug where sometimes the 6th player will end up on the full team leading to a 4 v 2 match. When I noticed it, the 5th and 6th player had joined at similar times and idk if it has anything to do with it.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying Lunaro, and I'm hoping it doesn't die like the rest of conclave has.

Thank you for all the hard work guys!

Edited by Jade-Lotus
Typo and another bug!

3 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Is there anyway to indicate visually what team a player is on because if you load in the middle of the game there is no way of knowing

You're energy color reflects what team you are on in lunaro. Also you get a Orange or Blue ribbon on your shoulder depending on what team you're on.

I just tested the recent hotfix and still have the following issue. 

In Lunaro, I can't perform any action that includes the left mouse button. Passing does not work. Shooting does not work. This affects Lunaro game mode only. All other game modes are fine. All other Lunaro related controls inputs seem to work.

Additionally, Lunaro game mode seems to ignore my key binding configuration. For testing purposes I tried to rebind fire to mouse button 2 and aim to mouse button 1. In Lunaro, these settings are ignored, as the mouse button actions stayed the same even though the menu confirmed my new configuration.

I only played 2 matches, but in first one I had an enemy who didn't shoot a single time for the whole match. He also disconnected early.

Apparently, I lost my hotkey for melee channel at some point during or before the update. While Teshin says "fire button" and "aim button", it's actually all about melee channel, melee block, melee hit, etc. Rebinding melee channel solved the issue for me.

Edited by Pharasto
resolved it

Make Lunaro 4v4 again, 3v3 is not enough people to have designated positions like goalie and midfielder, and just leaves everyone running around bashing each other with left click, its really annoying, that and the people who just spamm e

So far from my experience this new gamemode is utter flop, and what a shame really... I tried to like it I really did... but it is completely unplayable (unless you are a host) as the ball will often magically appear in other player hands when you grab it and same with firing the ball due to lag, causing it to teleport all over the place.

Edited by StarScribe

2 minutes ago, StarScribe said:

So far from my experience this new gamemode is utter flow, and what a shame really... I tried to like it I really did... but it is completely unplayable (unless you are a host) as the ball if often magically appear in other player hands when you grab it and same with firing the ball due to lag, causing it to teleport all over the place.

This is the sad reality of P2P games.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Lunaro Game sessions can no longer be joined once they reach Half Time. 

No other way to describe this as an utterly... I don't know how to describe it. It's not thought out at all. Had a round where we were at equal scores but they left in the second half, so we were left with just two players and we proceeded to get slaughtered.

Right, very fair. Thanks DE.

42 minutes ago, TheRealArmadillo said:

New Machete stances? yea because thoose will be put to good use....

People wanted more stances, so they're getting one. Also many calls for buffs to machetes and maybe a few more weapons but ah well.

Edited by Naith

I kinda hate Lunaro.  There are a lot of things that make it incredibly unbalanced and annoying to play, and for the timebeing I simply won't do so.  Here are some suggestions to help make it as good as everyone was hoping it would be.

1: Refine the Pulling and Throwing of the Lunaro | I waltzed into Lunaro expecting a fairly balanced gamemode, not one where people could straight up cockblock any and all attempts to throw the Lunaro just by standing next to you and holding down their aim button like it's a disobedient dog with rabies.  I also don't exactly understand why you can't bulletjump with the Lunaro, but you can still bulletjump and catch it midair.

2: Nerf/Change Checking | Why the hell is checking so overpowered.  I would say making it less spammible, because that's the biggest problem as of now with it, would really help Lunaro's overall playability in the longrun.  If you want to balance it a little bit more, you could increase the range of the dash.

3: Speed Balancing | In Lunaro, it's pretty obvious that frames with the run speeds have a very large advantage over slower frames.  For example, in my first game of Lunaro it was me (a Loki Prime) and somebody playing another quite fast frame (I can't remember which one now) against two Rhinos.  We won 17:2, even after the other guy on my team jumped up on top of a pillar and continuously meditated.

4: Ranked Play | One of the reasons that games like CS:GO are still played years upon years after their release is because of their Competitive gameplay, bolstered by a rank that acts mostly as a form of relative matchmaking as well as a form of bragging right.  Adding something along these lines to not only Lunaro but Conclave as a whole would make it fairly more popular if applied alongside some latency fixes.  Matches would feel much more balanced, or at least give the illusion that they are, as well as giving players more to look forward to beyond a few mods and another syandana to run around in.

F I N

14 minutes ago, AerinPierce said:

Buy the skin and you can have it back.

What...? I already own it. They removed the shoulder guards for some reason a couple patches ago and I do not understand why because they handled colors in a much better way, and you know, actually matched the skin? 

Thanks for the update! Lunaro is actually very fun so far, but I would like to make some suggestions. First of all, the control scheme is kind of weird and makes it a little hard to play. Can you add the ability to change key mappings for Lunaro separately? I really don't want to change my normal key mappings but the way it translates to Lunaro makes it quite weird and I would prefer it to be a bit different for optimal gameplay. Also, something I was noticing is that a lot of players were seriously spamming the "tackle", which was basically stun locking me and keeping me from doing anything. Their range was absolutely insane. I would start a bullet jump and even though I was in mid air, they would attack, causing me to stop in mid air and be stunned again. There were times where I couldn't get away no matter what I did, and it became seriously annoying. I was one of the better players on my team and they basically just had all but one of their players following me around, spamming attacks, while their best player made goals. A sound strategy, but a bit unfair. It makes sense to be able to "tackle" other players, but not stun lock them. There should be a way to get away from them. Bullet jumping for instance should be a way to get out of the stun lock. Dodging and rolling also should, and the range of the attack I think should be reduced so that actual contact is required. Also, I was seeing a lot of teleporting, and my internet connection was fine, so I'm not sure what was going on there. This kind of multiplayer really screams for dedicated servers, but that probably won't happen. Anyway, Lunaro is definitely a lot of fun, but I think some tweaking is needed. Also, adding in something like modifiers or power ups during gameplay could spice things up a bit. Maybe have a different mode with those things so we can still play the pure game, but I could see this getting boring eventually without something to change things up.