Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stun locking in Lunaro

Dokusi

I recently had a few games today where i could do absolutely nothing due to a player spamming the tackle and/or left click. No matter what i do i cannot move/dodge/block/anything!

A brief invinciblity period between knockdowns would be nice because its not fun watching some filthy casual spam and you cannot help your team suceed

This is the cry of many. Your not alone. Some of us want penalties for this, and some of us want cool downs. I do like the idea of invincibility, but a major issue would be when you get the ball after being tackled. I think the invincibility should simply cease after you grab the ball.

4 minutes ago, AerinPierce said:

heck I'd like it if checking didn't stop everything and I mean everything, jumping, gliding, walking, standing up, and throwing the lunaro even though the animation is finished

Yeah like rolling... We never got an explanation why rolling was now no longer immune to checking.

6 hours ago, Dokusi said:

I recently had a few games today where i could do absolutely nothing due to a player spamming the tackle and/or left click. No matter what i do i cannot move/dodge/block/anything!

A brief invinciblity period between knockdowns would be nice because its not fun watching some filthy casual spam and you cannot help your team suceed

Came here cause it happened to me, but this was no casual.... oh no, he had been playing all day.

]\'[

Not sure if lunaro hotfix 3 happened before or after this post, but it seems to have nerfed the stun of checking, while the ball still gets knocked away in 1 hit (which is as it should be).

Penalties would be bad, because stunning a goalie so a teammate can score is a valid tactic, although rare, and missing a check on the ball carrier happens too.

The cooldown option is also sortoff there already, the gap closing one can't be spammed as much due to having 2 short ranged ones in between. And people can get the ball back instantly after a check somehow because it hits them again (which makes no sense).

The last option is invulnerability to the stagger for a certain time, but then knockdowns would be non-existant anymore. DE opted for an alternative to this, namely requiring multiple checks to stagger, which is imo the best solution, as it keeps all the functions working and stops the stunlocking.

3 hours ago, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

Not sure if lunaro hotfix 3 happened before or after this post, but it seems to have nerfed the stun of checking, while the ball still gets knocked away in 1 hit (which is as it should be).

Penalties would be bad, because stunning a goalie so a teammate can score is a valid tactic, although rare, and missing a check on the ball carrier happens too.

The cooldown option is also sortoff there already, the gap closing one can't be spammed as much due to having 2 short ranged ones in between. And people can get the ball back instantly after a check somehow because it hits them again (which makes no sense).

The last option is invulnerability to the stagger for a certain time, but then knockdowns would be non-existant anymore. DE opted for an alternative to this, namely requiring multiple checks to stagger, which is imo the best solution, as it keeps all the functions working and stops the stunlocking.

Lunaro 3 has been around, and were still eating dirt... Lots of dirt eating... so much dirt eating that I now know how Teshin keeps that Lunaro arena clean...

2 hours ago, Arlayn said:

Lunaro 3 has been around, and were still eating dirt... Lots of dirt eating... so much dirt eating that I now know how Teshin keeps that Lunaro arena clean...

Yeah, I noticed after my post, they did the opposite, now it knocks you down right away instead of staggering...

Okay, so here are the top issues I've been encountering in Lunaro atm, firstly most of the arenas I join I always get in a team suffering like 6-0 in 4vs2 or 3 vs 1. And now, I was in a 4v2 match just now and I kept getting stun locked by ONLY 1 player from the other team, he kept pressing E everytime I got up back on my feet. It's really annoying and everyone is just bug abusing it to win the matches, way to go...

I love the game mode... but the melee spammers, yep they ruin it, so frustrating when I'm constantly down, i result to smashing the living hell out of them into the ground over and over to see how they like it... I feel like a cool down for checking would help resolve the issue a bit

Edited by emidyl

I really enjoy this new game mode. However there is always that one freaking guy that does this crap and it pisses me off. In fact i remember doing quite well in a 2v1, then one of the tryhards ran up to me and started mashing e stun locking me while the other scored. I've never hated another tenno any more than i have at that moment. I ended up quiting cause i wasn't having any amounts of fun from it.

This needs to be fixed so we can enjoy it without other people ruining it purposely.

5 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Which bug?

Did you read my post? I was talking about players stun locking you, they press E and you fall, once they see you get back up on your feet they press E in your direction again, to the point you cannot move at all. There is always a guy who keeps doing this to you, specially in 4 vs 2 for example. It's been like this since Lunaro 3, at least i did not notice it before :\

Edited by BlAzk0