Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep losing momentum after doing a second jump from quick sliding/sliding in general.

YellowVolt

This is actually a major problem in my view; it's really annoying when I'm so used to the second jump after quick sliding not getting rid of your momentum. After Lunaro was introduced, it seemed that this change that may of been intended for the game mode spread to PVE on accident and has possibly affected a lot of players so used to this style of travel. It has yet to be fixed, and it's very fundamental to gameplay. I do hope it will be looked at and fixed as soon as possible. Here's a quick video I made to show what I mean: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZMAEv5jLw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by YellowVolt
Added a video to help support why this is a bug.

Just now, Neofaucheur said:

Actually this is a fix... sadly.

Wait, this is a fix? Do you have some patch notes that might pertain to this? (I might know which ones you're talking about, but I just want to see for myself).

Edited by YellowVolt
Clarification.

On 16/06/2016 at 1:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes.

For what I understood it fall under that. I'd be glad to be wrong but for what was said in the last devstream I don't have my hopes high.

Edited by Neofaucheur

1 minute ago, Neofaucheur said:

For what I understood it fall under that.

I was thinking it might of been those notes. The only thing is that this isn't rolling; it's quick sliding. Unless it really does connect to that in the end.

everyone misses the important part...
even though it's completely true.

A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

everyone misses the important part...
even though it's completely true.

It does work indeed, but far less than it used to.

I think the actual fix was more like the second jump resetting the momentum and the roll+jump was one of the targeted moves. According to the devstream it was more about preventing us to build up to much momentum than prevent that specific combination.

Fix the slide+jump would defeat the whole purpose, so I don't think we'll see it back anytime soon.

Edited by Neofaucheur

Digital Extremes is basically telling everyone to git gud, while changing how the different actions relate to each other.

i'm doing the same things i was doing before. works the same. i wonder how i'm doing that...

Just now, taiiat said:

Digital Extremes is basically telling everyone to git gud, while changing how the different actions relate to each other.

i'm doing the same things i was doing before. works the same. i wonder how i'm doing that...

What I'm trying to explain is that while I understand the fix to rolling and then double jumping, I believe quick sliding and then double jumping was an unintended effect from this fix.

4 minutes ago, YellowVolt said:

I believe quick sliding and then double jumping was an unintended effect from this fix.

every order of actions people have said are now 'useless' or 'suck' - i go and test them, and get same or better results than previous.
so i'm not buying it, from anyone.

2 minutes ago, YellowVolt said:

What I'm trying to explain is that while I understand the fix to rolling and then double jumping, I believe quick sliding and then double jumping was an unintended effect from this fix.

Even if it was indeed unintentional it is unlikely to be fixed as the general idea behind this, as presented in the last devstream, was to prevent player from building up to much speed (for level design purpose). Basically, fix that would go against what DE is trying to do so no much hopes to see it back.

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

every order of actions people have said are now 'useless' or 'suck' - i go and test them, and get same or better results than previous.
so i'm not buying it, from anyone.

My mistake; I meant to say that quick sliding and then double jumping (which causes a loss of momentum at the second jump) seemed like to be an unintended effect for me since it was meant to apply to the rolling and then double jumping technique only. Regardless, that's just my personal experience; it can easily be different for others.

Edited by YellowVolt