Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum Feedback. Rewards, Bugs, Etc.

Burnthesteak87

Recently I enjoyed some solo Rathuum, which feels close to hard as it was during its release.
Every consideration here is made around Level 85 difficulty and balance.

► First of all the Rewards for Rathuum are pretty scarce, compared to the amount of time and efforts a fair solo player can use to complete the mission (To be clear, I dislike Hysteria, Energy Vampire or Bladestorm abuse, those are cheap skills which shouldn't be considered when balancing content).
Either reduce the max number of kills, make them scale with the players' number or raise rewards.
Since Rathuum is bound to Kela De Thaym, Saryin and Chroma farming, the best to relieve the grind would be reducing the duration of the match.
Whatever Warframe rewards don't feel rewarding at all in most gamemodes.

► Secondarily I'd like to ask confirmation about this, before calling it a bug.
While solo-playing, if you apply bleeding to an Executioner and after that you die, the dots on him gonna deal way more damage than before.
It happens often and I can't really say what's linked to.

► Third: Executioners are resilient to Powers by reducing incoming duration, but they're totally helpless to knockdowns.
It's not that cheap, since it still has chances of failure, but bringing in a Sonicor and a good melee is enough to beat Executioners 1v1 by keeping down and meleeing them to death.
I think that similar to how Power Duration is reduced with every cast, Stuns and Knockdowns should undergo a diminishing return treatment.
Some ideas:

• Maybe let the first KD be a full KD, then make it just a stagger, then make the stagger even less durable...
  • Or elseway let's make it ala Guild Wars 2 way:
    The Miniboss is immune to 'X' Crowd Controls, after that many CCs it's able to receive a full Crowd Control.

PS: I totally dislike the CC Immunity enemies undergo during the "get up" animations...

► Fourth: Executioner Dhurnam Switch Teleport is totally toxic.
That skill has been deemed toxic by the playerbase since forever, now, in Rathuum being switched in between a group of coohordinated oneshotting enemies without the chance of fighting back or escaping it, with no advise or telegraphing feels extremely unfair.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Executioners/Dhurnam

► Fifth: I realize that the objective here has been creating some sort of cohordination between the Executors' AIs to create skill combinations, but the REACTION TIME of them is too much fast.
To be clear, it's not hard that enemies are going to oneshot you in the blink of an eye if they spot you while a door is opening or past round a corner.
They detect you istantly, they start attacking istantly, you get shooten with no chance to react.
That's the kind of feature that breaks the "realism" and most of the Stealth situations.

► Sixth: Personal request and suggestion: Would it be possible to refine the enemy detection with distance, light or shadow, and possibly develope a little of stealth?
I mean, ok, tecnically Rathuum is a rigged fight, there are plenty of cameras around, but in some place of the map you should be able to vanish and lose the Executors' aggro.
Of course they'll still be on alert (like in "burning environment" condition Missions), but achieving the opportunity of vanishing to perform a suprise assault from a blind spot -maybe with a finisher attack- should be a rewarding situation.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

If AI keeps getting refined Arena mode will start becoming one of the most challenging and easy-to-get-missions in game*, involving mainly fight skills. (*Not requiring to stay in a survival or defense for 40 mins to find hard content).
Most of other missions just require caution when enemies start becoming too many, here every single enemy is a menace and influences the strategy.
I'd also long to see them implemented into other missions as well.

Edited by Burnthesteak87