Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anavi_Ivy's Art Archive [In search of Mandachord, Volt Prime fanart, +doodles]

Anavi_Ivy

warframe___trinity___speedpaint__by_anav

Finished piece: Trinity
Original time: 7 hours
Speedpaint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfMzR5GCzdg
This picture on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/anavi-ivy/art/Warframe-Trinity-751913552
Tumblr: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/175339380123/angel-of-death-original-time-7-hours-process

Just a piece for a friend of mine. And boy, if it didn't take longer than expected...

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
Updated files!

On 2018-06-28 at 10:31 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

warframe___trinity_by_anavi_ivy-dcfo47k.

Speedpaint: TBA
This picture on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/anavi-ivy/art/Warframe-Trinity-751913552
Tumblr: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/175339380123/angel-of-death-original-time-7-hours-process

Just a piece for a friend of mine. And boy, if it didn't take longer than expected...

Such is the price for beauty (so long as quality time is spent with the item in question) as I've always thought.

Congrats! I especially love the energy glow details and the particle stream effect. Boss Steve would be proud!

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Such is the price for beauty (so long as quality time is spent with the item in question) as I've always thought.

Congrats! I especially love the energy glow details and the particle stream effect. Boss Steve would be proud!

I can't help but feel flattered by your constant encouraging comments. There are no words to express the importance of such support or feeling of endless gratitude for sticking with an artist on their journey. The best I can do is say "Thank you"!

31 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Fantastic piece, colors really pop out!

Thank you very much and thank you for checking out my things!

Addition: I do plan on touching up some smaller details, mainly polishing and editing some parts I don't consider to be the best later this week, as well as to publish speedpainting video~

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

On 2018-06-29 at 7:30 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

I can't help but feel flattered by your constant encouraging comments. There are no words to express the importance of such support or feeling of endless gratitude for sticking with an artist on their journey. The best I can do is say "Thank you"!

Thank you very much and thank you for checking out my things!

Addition: I do plan on touching up some smaller details, mainly polishing and editing some parts I don't consider to be the best later this week, as well as to publish speedpainting video~

Bah, you've done the same for me in the past, why should I sit on my high horse and ignore the glories of other's work. We're a community, not a competitive butcherhouse. Bonus points in the fact that I don't have to sugar-coat or "botoxify" any of my commentary, everything I've said can be cashed at the mental bank.

Oh, and, awaiting with bated breath mam! Been looking for a new creative piece to watch while I hammer my fingers/face against the keyboard for my next Sentient design. Some reason, feels good to see other folks progress even when my own brain-hamster is taking an unpaid vacation.

Edited by Unus

On 2018-06-28 at 4:31 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

warframe___trinity___speedpaint__by_anav

Speedpaint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfMzR5GCzdg

Main file - updated! Speedpaint - uploaded! Cheers!
Regarding updates, those are only small changes revolving around highlights. The original lacked those highlights and therefore lacked defined shapes. With this update I managed to polish those small details and fix the ones missing. Now it looks more organic and united So, yes, this is the final version!

As for speedpaint video, the ritual is the same - it's too long (just like every I have ever posted, duh) and because of that I provided timestamps in the description (which are not really helpful in this one as it covers "base painting" (30min duration) and "visual effects, filters and finishing touches" (1min duration). Some parts were excluded with intention to shorten the video or because the main idea how some part is painted is already shown.

Close-ups:

Spoiler

tumblr_pb1dpd91sy1w114pro2_r1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_pb1dpd91sy1w114pro1_r1_1280.jpg

On 2018-06-30 at 1:35 AM, LazerSkink said:

am excite

As well!

On 2018-06-30 at 8:20 AM, Unus said:

Bah, you've done the same for me in the past, why should I sit on my high horse and ignore the glories of other's work. We're a community, not a competitive butcherhouse. Bonus points in the fact that I don't have to sugar-coat or "botoxify" any of my commentary, everything I've said can be cashed at the mental bank.

Oh, and, awaiting with bated breath mam! Been looking for a new creative piece to watch while I hammer my fingers/face against the keyboard for my next Sentient design. Some reason, feels good to see other folks progress even when my own brain-hamster is taking an unpaid vacation.

I'm glad I get to interact with people with a viewpoint similar to yours, it really makes all you do way easier and more enjoyable. Support and criticism you offer to others is beneficial in many ways and just... needed. Personally, I don't think I would be here hadn't there been the people I got to know over the time.

9 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Regarding updates, those are only small changes revolving around highlights. The original lacked those highlights and therefore lacked defined shapes. With this update I managed to polish those small details and fix the ones missing. Now it looks more organic and united So, yes, this is the final version!

As for speedpaint video, the ritual is the same - it's too long (just like every I have ever posted, duh) and because of that I provided timestamps in the description (which are not really helpful in this one as it covers "base painting" (30min duration) and "visual effects, filters and finishing touches" (1min duration). Some parts were excluded with intention to shorten the video or because the main idea how some part is painted is already shown.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, fantastic :clap:

8 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Close-ups:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pb1dpd91sy1w114pro2_r1_1280.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pb1dpd91sy1w114pro1_r1_1280.jpg

As well!

I'm glad I get to interact with people with a viewpoint similar to yours, it really makes all you do way easier and more enjoyable. Support and criticism you offer to others is beneficial in many ways and just... needed. Personally, I don't think I would be here hadn't there been the people I got to know over the time.

Oh, much thanks mam! I'm but one of many and, in addition, you got here under much of your own power. Turns out, when you put time and effort into things, people tend to pay attention.

Heh, I also share your feelings in many ways! Even if the chatter has died-down in recent months and I've largely been left by my self, starting off, it was the community who kept me motoring along and allowing me to actually edit my designs into actually fun and interesting things.

In some ways, I envy your abilities mam, but in all the positive ways aimed at self-improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-05 at 10:25 PM, LazerSkink said:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, fantastic :clap:

Thanks a bunch! 😊

On 2018-07-06 at 12:34 AM, Unus said:

Oh, much thanks mam! I'm but one of many and, in addition, you got here under much of your own power. Turns out, when you put time and effort into things, people tend to pay attention.

Heh, I also share your feelings in many ways! Even if the chatter has died-down in recent months and I've largely been left by my self, starting off, it was the community who kept me motoring along and allowing me to actually edit my designs into actually fun and interesting things.

In some ways, I envy your abilities mam, but in all the positive ways aimed at self-improvement.

While I want to hold that as a truth, it's not always the case - I do know people who invest a  lot of time in their products and yet don't receive the attention they deserve. I don't always comprehend the logic behind it no matter how hard I try. Maybe someday.

The feeling's mutual! I could say same about your concept writing. The job you do over here is extremely inspirational, hard and admirable. The universes of games and books are built on base created by people of your caliber. If it weren't for such people I certainly wouldn't do what I do now, so I can never get enough of concept writers and their creations.

On 2018-07-06 at 5:57 PM, Greyfall33 said:

ahhhhhhhh I was drawing an Krita and it loookeeeddd soooo  badddd I prefer drawing on paper because I have copics and digital is toooo hard

It was same here! Paper and pencil were a comfort zone and digital was a pure challenge (and it still is!). The important thing is to keep trying, to be persistent and never give up. The beginning is always hard but at one point you just get a hold of it. I don't know whether you used a mouse or a tablet for drawing, but I had same problem - it just looked terrible hah. However things changed for the better when I found brushes that work well with a mouse (at least until I get a tablet) and got rid of lineart.

13 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Thanks a bunch! 😊

While I want to hold that as a truth, it's not always the case - I do know people who invest a  lot of time in their products and yet don't receive the attention they deserve. I don't always comprehend the logic behind it no matter how hard I try. Maybe someday.

The feeling's mutual! I could say same about your concept writing. The job you do over here is extremely inspirational, hard and admirable. The universes of games and books are built on base created by people of your caliber. If it weren't for such people I certainly wouldn't do what I do now, so I can never get enough of concept writers and their creations.

It was same here! Paper and pencil were a comfort zone and digital was a pure challenge (and it still is!). The important thing is to keep trying, to be persistent and never give up. The beginning is always hard but at one point you just get a hold of it. I don't know whether you used a mouse or a tablet for drawing, but I had same problem - it just looked terrible hah. However things changed for the better when I found brushes that work well with a mouse (at least until I get a tablet) and got rid of lineart.

From my two years here, it appears that there are two very large chunks that need to be taken into account.

1. Any form of visual design or pictures will instantly be more effective then writing.

2. Consistent continuity, the same place, focusing on similar subjects.

So far, aside from my current "crisis" it seems we have scored on both accounts, me much more on the second and you considerably more on the first.

Ah, that's sweet, thank you. I know I'm not powerful enough to build my own universe from the ground up on my own, but, if people like my derivative creations, I am content. Bonus points if it gets them discussing! Save for a few indirect inspirational pieces here and there, I know little if any of it will trickle into the game itself, but, I built the place largely to scratch an itch I never knew I had years ago that had just been building and building until I could no longer take the pressure. Now, I have a steam valve to release some of it into.

16 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Love how pleasant this conversation is, thank you both.

Oh. . . uh, shucks, your welcome Mr. Skink. I remember you from my earliest days of Warframe in Region Chat, so, I think I can understand that this might be a lovely breathmint amongst the occasional foul smells of the forums.

On 2018-07-17 at 9:32 AM, LazerSkink said:

Love how pleasant this conversation is, thank you both.

We're trying! I'm always glad to have your around here.

On 2018-07-17 at 9:50 AM, Unus said:

From my two years here, it appears that there are two very large chunks that need to be taken into account.

1. Any form of visual design or pictures will instantly be more effective then writing.

2. Consistent continuity, the same place, focusing on similar subjects.

So far, aside from my current "crisis" it seems we have scored on both accounts, me much more on the second and you considerably more on the first.

Ah, that's sweet, thank you. I know I'm not powerful enough to build my own universe from the ground up on my own, but, if people like my derivative creations, I am content. Bonus points if it gets them discussing! Save for a few indirect inspirational pieces here and there, I know little if any of it will trickle into the game itself, but, I built the place largely to scratch an itch I never knew I had years ago that had just been building and building until I could no longer take the pressure. Now, I have a steam valve to release some of it into.

Oh. . . uh, shucks, your welcome Mr. Skink. I remember you from my earliest days of Warframe in Region Chat, so, I think I can understand that this might be a lovely breathmint amongst the occasional foul smells of the forums.

That's the reason why people join and work together. I admit there are people who can pull off everything on their own but it's a rare occurrence and I can't help but consider them a walking miracle. However, since I am definitely not one of those, much like a lot of other people, I rely on others to guide me when I take part in some project, just like when I worked with you on Grineer Headhunters.

As for the power to build a universe on your own, "it's a process" my brother would say. But truth to be told, I have no idea how that works and it's a mystery to me. I guess you just persist and polish it to the point when you like what you see? And at some point, it's a matter of practice? Like, you remove the things that are not of quality, evade some things that are not desirable? I believe that sooner or later at least one concept, in the sea of concepts you created, gets real and finds its way into some game, book etc. It would seem that persistence is the key to everything.

I was in a bit of art block, began drawing several different things including Nezha, Mesa, Excalibur Umbra, Harrow, Beast of Bones and whatnot, and settled with this old idea I had and never got to finish. Octavia's Anthem is probably one of my favourite quests in Warframe, so I wanted to draw something inspired by it.

First pass:

hcqFwwg.png

Figuring out color palette:uMto4tO.png

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

3 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

We're trying! I'm always glad to have your around here.

That's the reason why people join and work together. I admit there are people who can pull off everything on their own but it's a rare occurrence and I can't help but consider them a walking miracle. However, since I am definitely not one of those, much like a lot of other people, I rely on others to guide me when I take part in some project, just like when I worked with you on Grineer Headhunters.

As for the power to build a universe on your own, "it's a process" my brother would say. But truth to be told, I have no idea how that works and it's a mystery to me. I guess you just persist and polish it to the point when you like what you see? And at some point, it's a matter of practice? Like, you remove the things that are not of quality, evade some things that are not desirable? I believe that sooner or later at least one concept, in the sea of concepts you created, gets real and finds its way into some game, book etc. It would seem that persistence is the key to everything.

I was in a bit of art block, began drawing several different things including Nezha, Mesa, Excalibur Umbra, Harrow, Beast of Bones and whatnot, and settled with this old idea I had and never got to finish. Octavia's Anthem is probably one of my favourite quests in Warframe, so I wanted to draw something inspired by it.

First pass:

hcqFwwg.png

Figuring out color palette:uMto4tO.png

I'm definitely in agreement with you on the first part, but, guide you? Bah! All I did was write a bunch of ramblin madness and you took matters into your own hands and filled in the massive gaping holes I left behind.

To say nothing of the the pieces you post here that you personally dictate!

Can't refute that idea, persistence is what made the the Russian Metro 20__ from some independently written stories into a medium-spanning franchise., (though that's DEFINITLY not what I'm expecting from my stuff, though I do have my questions about the Zar and now Solaris United, though possibly unfounded.)

Ah, is that a Volt being guided by a "Suda sprite"?

Edited by Unus

On 2018-07-18 at 8:24 PM, Unus said:

Can't refute that idea, persistence is what made the the Russian Metro 20__ from some independently written stories into a medium-spanning franchise., (though that's DEFINITLY not what I'm expecting from my stuff, though I do have my questions about the Zar and now Solaris United, though possibly unfounded.)

Ah, is that a Volt being guided by a "Suda sprite"?

When it comes to Metro serial I can provide no objective opinion because I am strongly biased about it, mostly because books from that serial are my favourite. Glukhovsky inspired me in so many ways, to the point where I began writing my own story with similar setting. 50 000 words, scrapped three times, written from scratch three times, never finished even the first chapter. I still have it somewhere under pilles of other works I have written. Either way, I had chance to read one interview in which he spoke about the universe and how long it took him to develop it and print it later. It's just an amazing story, and inspiring one at it. And I agree, I don't expect my things to reach that level of recognition either.
If my memory serves me right, when I was choosing which concept I wanted to illustrate, I was on verge to pick The Free MOA front and do the sigils, but I figured something else would be a better choice. Just like I mentioned a lot times before, I am still standing by my offer and that is to provide more help regarding concept art when I am done with the current projects. That is if you would take me in again and are comfortable with me going through the content.

That's the main idea, yes.

4 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

When it comes to Metro serial I can provide no objective opinion because I am strongly biased about it, mostly because books from that serial are my favourite. Glukhovsky inspired me in so many ways, to the point where I began writing my own story with similar setting. 50 000 words, scrapped three times, written from scratch three times, never finished even the first chapter. I still have it somewhere under pilles of other works I have written. Either way, I had chance to read one interview in which he spoke about the universe and how long it took him to develop it and print it later. It's just an amazing story, and inspiring one at it. And I agree, I don't expect my things to reach that level of recognition either.
If my memory serves me right, when I was choosing which concept I wanted to illustrate, I was on verge to pick The Free MOA front and do the sigils, but I figured something else would be a better choice. Just like I mentioned a lot times before, I am still standing by my offer and that is to provide more help regarding concept art when I am done with the current projects. That is if you would take me in again and are comfortable with me going through the content.

That's the main idea, yes.

Ah, I've followed his series around for a while and learned a bit about the fellow, but, inspiration? Hehe, mine comes from a slightly weirder source.

I'll have to look into that interview at some point, it's rare for me to see many writing celebrities these days.

Interested in showing me what ya had storywise?

OH, uh. . . um, really? I. . . sure, sure, you can go to town, I didn't want to force you to make a choice mam, so, I tried to let you be till you completed your own major works.

Could be an interesting follow up Quest start screen, maybe Hunhow's digging knocked some memories loose that Suda, in her hunger for knowledge, might deeply desire to review.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-20 at 3:39 AM, Unus said:

Ah, I've followed his series around for a while and learned a bit about the fellow, but, inspiration? Hehe, mine comes from a slightly weirder source.

I'll have to look into that interview at some point, it's rare for me to see many writing celebrities these days.

Interested in showing me what ya had storywise?

OH, uh. . . um, really? I. . . sure, sure, you can go to town, I didn't want to force you to make a choice mam, so, I tried to let you be till you completed your own major works.

Could be an interesting follow up Quest start screen, maybe Hunhow's digging knocked some memories loose that Suda, in her hunger for knowledge, might deeply desire to review.

Eh I didn't really have much storywise. I had some idea where it went but not a solid one. Though it was a nice writing practice.

Good! I needed an approval of some sort!

Anyway, smaller update.. I really hope I will finish it this week because it already became tiring. The thing is, I have this problem - whenever I start something I can easily get bored and I will just try to finish it as soon as possible, just to get over with it. And of course, once you find something boring, you find it hard to do, and when you find something hard to do, you begin to consider it an obligation, and when you consider something that used to be enjoyable an obligation... Then you need to stop. And it sort of leaves a bitter taste in mouth.

lXPL6Fs.png

On 2018-07-29 at 6:34 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

Eh I didn't really have much storywise. I had some idea where it went but not a solid one. Though it was a nice writing practice.

Good! I needed an approval of some sort!

Anyway, smaller update.. I really hope I will finish it this week because it already became tiring. The thing is, I have this problem - whenever I start something I can easily get bored and I will just try to finish it as soon as possible, just to get over with it. And of course, once you find something boring, you find it hard to do, and when you find something hard to do, you begin to consider it an obligation, and when you consider something that used to be enjoyable an obligation... Then you need to stop. And it sort of leaves a bitter taste in mouth.

lXPL6Fs.png

Ah, fair enough.

Ohhhhh I understand THAT feeling mam! My current Sentient project has been around since 5/??/2018 and I'm STILL trying to polish it off! Everything is all together, it's just stringing it into words that's making things a mess right now. I WANT to do it, but, the sheer amount of time it's taking is a bit of a hassle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

School and lack of motivation really slowed down the whole process of drawing things, so I don't have much to show except the doodles I did, mostly revolving around butchering Ordan Karris' character because I could.

You may open the spoiler tab at your own risk. 

Spoiler

Context

tumblr_inline_pbgwy1ejot1uc04li_1280.png

As for the other stuff, here's the latest screenshot. It should be done tomorrow~

EYaX3RE.png

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
Fixing links~

warframe___in_search_of_mandachord_by_an

Original time: N/A (First lines made on 18th July)
Process: N/A
Speedpaint: N/A
This picture on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/anavi-ivy/art/Warframe-In-Search-of-Mandachord-765677683 (high-res file here!)
Tumblr: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/178493464033/have-you-ever-felt-that-way-a-song-that-anchors

After so long, it’s finally done!
Like I mentioned many times before, I highly enjoyed Octavia’s Anthem and ever since it was launched, I has remained my favourite quest. So, to pay a little tribute to it, I decided to paint a scene with my Volt Prime~

I’m aware that a lot of people connected this particular piece with the Apostasy Prologue because of the similar setting and all I can say to that is that it works as well!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
Fixing the links