Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anavi_Ivy's Art Archive [In search of Mandachord, Volt Prime fanart, +doodles]

Anavi_Ivy

On 31.1.2018. at 3:10 AM, CrazyValkyr said:

Awesome art - can't wait to see the finished piece of your newest work. :)

Thank you! :)

warframe___eidolon___speedpaint__by_anav

Finished piece: Eidolon
Original time:
9 hours
Process: N/A
Speedpaint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLu5FEvKmhA
This picture on DeviantArt: https://anavi-ivy.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Eidolon-729741907
Tumblr: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/170623865968/eidolon-overlooking-the-eidolon-original

The first of 2018! Feels good to be back!

Edit: Horay for 100th post in this thread

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
Added Youtube speedpaint link!

3 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

warframe___eidolon_by_anavi_ivy-dc2gwgj.

Original time:
9 hours
Speedpaint: will drop soon™
This picture on DeviantArt: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/170623865968/eidolon-overlooking-the-eidolon-original
Tumblr: 
https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/170623865968/eidolon-overlooking-the-eidolon-original

Yesssssss, Volt in his native environment.  Funny thing is Viq and I were talking and they suggested we do an Eidolon fight pic featuring Volt so great minds think alike!!  :D  I love all the glowy bits and you're really good at doing night scene. Your Volt looking like the hero that he is is great as usual, but Teralyst is so realistic looking that it looks practically a screenshot. *_*  I think it's time worth spent!!  Oh man, I think you out did yourself with this piece and I sense it's another Prime Time feature.  :D 

Congrats on post #100 btw!

9 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Yesssssss, Volt in his native environment.  Funny thing is Viq and I were talking and they suggested we do an Eidolon fight pic featuring Volt so great minds think alike!!  :D  I love all the glowy bits and you're really good at doing night scene. Your Volt looking like the hero that he is is great as usual, but Teralyst is so realistic looking that it looks practically a screenshot. *_*  I think it's time worth spent!!  Oh man, I think you out did yourself with this piece and I sense it's another Prime Time feature.  :D 

Congrats on post #100 btw!

Oh wow! Great minds do think alike! It seems it was meant to meet you all. If you guys paint one I want to see it! :D

Thank you so much. I am personally really satisfied by how it turned out. I guess yours and my brother's comments add to it a lot. 

Aww, I can hope, I can hope :3

About Teralyst.. It's not painted.  It's a stock picture we got for that one contest. It's pretty much just colored a bit, shaded, parts moved to fit my idea better and merged with background as it was way too small to paint. So, just a photo manipulation. Maybe some day I will be that good though. 

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

15 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Oh wow! Great minds do think alike! It seems it was meant to meet you all. If you guys paint one I want to see it! :D

Thank you so much. I am personally really satisfied by how it turned out. I guess yours and my brother's comments add to it a lot. 

Aww, I can hope, I can hope :3

About Teralyst.. It's not painted.  It's a stock picture we got for that one contest. It's pretty much just colored a bit, shaded, parts moved to fit my idea better and merged with background as it was way too small to paint. So, just a photo manipulation. Maybe some day I will be that good though. 

Lol, soontm. Yeah, you, Viq, and I are united by our love of Volt and art!! I'm glad that we get to talk a bit more outside of the forum. <3

Oh, I see!  It's still a good use of the Teralyst stock pic and I think you managed to incorporate into the picture quite well.  If I've done something like that, it would look like I stuck a sticker on top of my drawing, lol.  Anyway, hope you can find some time from your busy schedule to do more drawings!

On 2/7/2018 at 4:52 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

warframe___eidolon_by_anavi_ivy-dc2gwgj.

Original time:
9 hours
Speedpaint: will drop soon™
This picture on DeviantArt: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/170623865968/eidolon-overlooking-the-eidolon-original
Tumblr: 
https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/170623865968/eidolon-overlooking-the-eidolon-original

I was JUST about to ask you about how your own project was going, just about, when I accidentally clicked your name and found your updated posting.

FANTASTIC work Madam! The thing that draws me in most here are the etchings and glow marks on the Volt, so minuscule, and yet, so very much detailed! +1 Approval.

14 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Lol, soontm. Yeah, you, Viq, and I are united by our love of Volt and art!! I'm glad that we get to talk a bit more outside of the forum. <3

Oh, I see!  It's still a good use of the Teralyst stock pic and I think you managed to incorporate into the picture quite well.  If I've done something like that, it would look like I stuck a sticker on top of my drawing, lol.  Anyway, hope you can find some time from your busy schedule to do more drawings!

I hope too. I promised myself this year will be different in many different aspects, and therefore I intend to acomplish that!

6 hours ago, Unus said:

I was JUST about to ask you about how your own project was going, just about, when I accidentally clicked your name and found your updated posting.

FANTASTIC work Madam! The thing that draws me in most here are the etchings and glow marks on the Volt, so minuscule, and yet, so very much detailed! +1 Approval.

Mysterious forces of accidents have their ways, hah. Thank you very much!

It's always nice to hear feedback from all of you - there are times when these kinds of comments become great motivator for me and push me to work harder. After three drawings, it just stopped concerning me what I use to make my art with. That was the point when all the restrictions broke and there was nothing to hold me back or stop me in any way. "If you want something really bad, you will find a way" was never more relatable than now. Dedication and passion, my friends, just dedication and passion!

I don't think I can put into words what it means to me. It all began with a bad sketch and mindless throwing of colors and yet here we are, two years later, sitting, commenting, creating, writing, drawing things together without any intention to stop any time soon. Let's keep it that way!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

Speedpaint is live on my Youtube channel as of now! In order to make navigation through 33-minutes-long video easier, I have provided some timestamps in the description (they are divided into three groups - “Sketching”, “Base painting” and “Visual effects, filters and finishing touches“).
Cheers!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

• 1 month later...
On 21.3.2018. at 6:21 AM, LazerSkink said:

I like.

Thanks!

YKKQuOm.png

The painting process begins.
Sadly, this time I probably won't provide any speedpainting videos as I wanted to do this as slow as possible and without any pressure. There might be a short one, perhaps showing the very end of the process, but we will see.
Having in mind how long it took me to finish the helmet, I predict this one will be finished faster than usual.
Cheers!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

On 3/27/2018 at 11:33 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

Thanks!

YKKQuOm.png

The painting process begins.
Sadly, this time I probably won't provide any speedpainting videos as I wanted to do this as slow as possible and without any pressure. There might be a short one, perhaps showing the very end of the process, but we will see.
Having in mind how long it took me to finish the helmet, I predict this one will be finished faster than usual.
Cheers!

Excellant! Glad to see you make a return Madam! Been wondering how you fell off the map.

On 2018-03-28 at 5:59 PM, Unus said:

Excellant! Glad to see you make a return Madam! Been wondering how you fell off the map.

Just busy as always, but it will be over soon :v

e0Az7VV.png

It's progressing pretty fine, should be done by tomorrow~

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

warframe___star_chart_by_anavi_ivy-dc7yt

Finished piece: Star Chart
Original time: N/A (first lines are made on 24th March, finished on 5th April)
Speedpaint: N/A
This picture on DeviantArt: https://anavi-ivy.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Star-Chart-738975943
Tumblr: https://anavi-ivy.tumblr.com/post/172625238468/operator-the-system-needs-you-will-you-begin

We are back on track! Cheers!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

• 4 weeks later...

There's a new one on the way - and this is what it looks like for now:

tumblr_p7qndeknWV1w114pro2_r1_1280.png

You can see some progress shots here:
(I obviously had a lot of trouble with positioning of the syandana and the skirt)

Spoiler

tumblr_p7qndeknWV1w114pro4_r1_1280.png
tumblr_p7qndeknWV1w114pro3_r1_1280.png
tumblr_p7qndeknWV1w114pro6_r1_1280.png
tumblr_p7qndeknWV1w114pro5_r1_1280.png

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
fixed some images

On 2018-04-30 at 8:23 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

There's a new one on the way - and this is what it looks like for now:

kgRpJ8g.png

You can see some progress shots here:
(I obviously had a lot of trouble with positioning of the syandana and the skirt)

Hide contents

fCxEmmc.pngcKKZmf4.pngWCfOE8L.pngn9XAr47.png

Even after all this time of seeing others, I can still see why I asked you to help me with the Headhunters so very long ago. You have the eye of the easel-enthusiast Madam, keep on "blinking" with it!

Edited by Unus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-02 at 8:39 AM, Unus said:

Even after all this time of seeing others, I can still see why I asked you to help me with the Headhunters so very long ago. You have the eye of the easel-enthusiast Madam, keep on "blinking" with it!

Thank you so much! In a month I should be able to hop into the pit and lend my hand with illustrating other concepts of yours!

We are moving slowly. Helmet will be tweaked a bit more:

PAn3UnO.png

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

8 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Thank you so much! In a month I should be able to hop into the pit and lend my hand with illustrating other concepts of yours!

PAn3UnO.png

8 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

PAn3UnO.png

OH, take your time madam! You are under the same timetable of creation as I am, which is to say, "potentially for the next five years.". I have all the time in the world to wait. You do WHATEVER you prefer.

As an aside, BLOODY ell mam! Do you trace over the originals when you draw? Cuse that feckin head and halo look less like you drew them and more like you photo-copied em over and made it seamless! Only problem I'm having is that I can't tell if the lines on the head in the "actual" picture are in depressions like your own or painted on, so I can't tell if it's 100% accurate.

16 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, take your time madam! You are under the same timetable of creation as I am, which is to say, "potentially for the next five years.". I have all the time in the world to wait. You do WHATEVER you prefer.

As an aside, BLOODY ell mam! Do you trace over the originals when you draw? Cuse that feckin head and halo look less like you drew them and more like you photo-copied em over and made it seamless! Only problem I'm having is that I can't tell if the lines on the head in the "actual" picture are in depressions like your own or painted on, so I can't tell if it's 100% accurate.

If it seem that way, then I am doing good job at learning how to draw warframes with all the details! Each fanart is drawn from scratch, this one is no different!
Tip for getting the things right - get the references which match the perspective you use in your drawing. It's safer to see it rather than imagine it!

The lines in the screenshot of the helmet are in a depression barely visible, it almost seems that there is none - meaning that the way I painted it is not accurate indeed. In fact, each fanart of mine has a lot of inaccuracies mostly because I am lead by "it looks good enough" instead of "it's accurate". If some surface I painted seems too much flat, there are high chances I will draw some things that don't exist or add some bumps to make it appear more busy, as visible in this one. You can easily spot white spots near the markings which shouldn't be there at all... LOGIC! (which, if I may add, is a rather horrible if you care to capture things accurately) 

Spoiler

Markings are painted on separate layer so I don't have to worry about shading them incorrectly and make them appear "bumpy"

LZLDGWA.png

This is what it looks like without markings:

3o1R1Jw.png

Edited by Anavi_Ivy
Forgot to add pics

2 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

If it seem that way, then I am doing good job at learning how to draw warframes with all the details! Each fanart is drawn from scratch, this one is no different!
Tip for getting the things right - get the references which match the perspective you use in your drawing. It's safer to see it rather than imagine it!

The lines in the screenshot of the helmet are in a depression barely visible, it almost seems that there is none - meaning that the way I painted it is not accurate indeed. In fact, each fanart of mine has a lot of inaccuracies mostly because I am lead by "it looks good enough" instead of "it's accurate". If some surface I painted seems too much flat, there are high chances I will draw some things that don't exist or add some bumps to make it appear more busy, as visible in this one. You can easily spot white spots near the markings which shouldn't be there at all... LOGIC! (which, if I may add, is a rather horrible if you care to capture things accurately) 

Hide contents

Markings are painted on separate layer so I don't have to worry about shading them incorrectly and make them appear "bumpy"

LZLDGWA.png

This is what it looks like without markings:

3o1R1Jw.png

Ahhhh, a clever clever merger. First time I've been shown a "separate, then assemble at end." concept. Intrigueing.

Also, ah! If there are inaccuracies in your originals, then either you hide them quite well or I haven't been as through a reviewer as I should. Congrats on that if it's the former, apologies if it's the latter!

• 1 month later...
On 2018-06-14 at 11:30 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

I have a filler - updated version of "Star Chart" piece because I found background too flat.

Aw, I miss the pre U14 star chart the most out of everything that's been changed in WF. Great piece!

On 2018-06-19 at 3:07 AM, LazerSkink said:

Aw, I miss the pre U14 star chart the most out of everything that's been changed in WF. Great piece!

I didn't get to experience that one as I joined warframe some time around Saryn Prime Access, I think? But based on the pictures I got to see, it looked neat. Thanks!