Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

NOTICE: Before you read this just Remeber. This Warframe it literally has no logic in its universe. Even if you had read my post, then explain to me how does Iron Skin work? why are dogs hatched from egg? Why do the Kavats have reptile weird tails? Why do genders yet they mean nothing. So yah remeber that warframe is far, far into the future and it can be anything up.

Every since I started playing Overwatch on release. I started to check out the Reddit and ignoring its forums, and basically; Blizz was getting criticized for their female characters during their Bate Stage. So they introduced one of my favorite character; Zarya.

Spoiler

zarya-victory-pose-2-casual.png

Okay, some of you might jump to conclusions but I got nothing against the female frames body builds ingame. But when comparing the male frames, I kinda notice that a lot of the MaFrame (Male + Frame = MaFrame) are quite drastic to one and another. For example, you got Rhino and Atlas. They're both have similar kit and fighting styles. Yet, they looked different from one and other. This can be said for most MaFrames. But when I started to check out the FeFrames, I notice they weren't as drastic as the males. There was some body distinctions; for example when comparing Sayrn to Nova. The height, hips and breast where different. Again, it can be said about Mirage and Valkyr. The MaFrame are all kinds of different body types and shapes. While FeFrame tend to fall into two categories; athletic or slim. Don't get me wrong, am not going to cry about it or start calling names. What am saying is if they can, they should try to consider the idea of muscular FeFrame a go. It wouldn't hurt to have a Female Atlas, wouldn't it?

tl;dr:

Spoiler

Am basically, kindly asking DE to consider the idea of a muscular female frame when the ever come across another female tank concept.VAsizzm.jpg

Quick side note: If you got the impression that I was saying DE should just go copy and past Zarya into Warframe, which even I don't want that. I was just saying it would be cool to see muscular female frame.

Obviously, Nyx's nemesis skin is closes to being muscular. But I wouldn't really consider it. As it something you have to buy. Additionally, for those who are saying Equinox day for is muscular, which I to disagree. Day for Equinox is more of a athletic build like Volt and Excal.

Edited by Ibro156
Screw Auto Correct

many Warframes already are 'muscular' - they just don't fit the stereotype tropes that the people that whine about social justice bullsnot want everything to fit into.
those sorts of people are the biggest hypocrites there are.

there will surely be more Warframes, and they'll look however they look.

The buff, destructive looking form that you are looking for is hardly achieved by women who maintain a healthy lifestyle. Their bodies are drastically different than men's, for obvious reasons, thus no woman ever looks like a male in terms of shape and size. The closest fit female frame you have is Valkyr with toned and accentuated muscles, but it doesn't really matter because it's nothing but a suit of armor, if you'd like to call it that.

11 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Every since I started playing Overwatch on release. I started to check out the Reddit and ignoring its forums, and basically; Blizz was getting criticized for their female characters during their Bate Stage. So they introduced one of my faviroute charavters; Zarya.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, some of you might jump to conclusions but I got nothing against the female frames body builds ingame. But when comparing the male frames, I kinda notice that a lot of the MaFrame (Male + Frame = MaFrame) are quite drastically to one and another. For example, you got Rhino and Atlas. They're both have similar kit and fighting styles. Yet, they looked different from one and other. This can be said for most MaFrames. But when I started to check out the FeFrames, I notice they weren't has drastic as the males. There was some body diversities; for example when comparing Sayrn to Nova. The height, hips and breast where different. Again, it can be said about Mirage and Valkyr. Don't get me wrong, am not going to cry about it or start calling names. What am saying is they should give the idea of muscular FeFrame a go. It wouldn't hurt to have a Female Atlas, wouldn't it?

tl;dr:

Reveal hidden contents

Am basically, kindly asking DE to consider the idea of a muscular female frame.VAsizzm.jpg

the problem is that zarya has a very unrealistic muscular female body.

I see where you're coming from (thank the Lord above you didn't go straight to "nutjob SJW territory"), but I prefer the simple and similar builds. It allows me to color and customize very well and lets one scheme carry over to different frames. The reason I like Ember is because she is not overly complex in appearance.

I mean, Valkyr has to be pretty muscular to be able to do what she does. She must just have really lithe muscles (like a kitty cat :D).

I think a muscular female warframe would be ok, as long as it didn't feel forced. There are a lot of muscular women in various mythologies, so I'm sure DE could find a cool way to do this without looking like they are trying to... appeal to neo-feminists (or whatever the political group is referred to as now)

Needless to say, it's a touchy subject no matter how you slice it, and someone is going to be ticked no matter what happens. Warframe is a place many of us flee to from the chaotic and highly politicized world we live in, and DE may decide not to take the risk involved in making a female warframe more muscular than the others in order to avoid alienating anyone. However, as far as I'm concerned, I would be ok with a muscular female warframe whose theme fit it's nature.

EDIT: and as has been said before, Equinox's  day form is female and appears pretty muscular, so I guess that's one warframe that fits this theme.

Edited by Zoracraft
Equinox day form

I see Warframes as tools specifically designed for maximum capability, if something needs to be punched hard, a hard-punching case was made, with some aesthetics of course, but no matter how much you argue, a male body has more punching potential than a female

So when a female frame was made, her abilities would definitely not be about punching or taking too much damage (i'll talk about valkyr in a sec), but on the other hand, their abilities revolve around dealing damage from other sources, heat, toxin, sound, magnetism, bows, pistols etc. While the stronger male frames use physical attacks to maximize their damage Rhino, Atlas, Wukong, Excal, their chassises are built specifically to have more physical strength

Now that little weird thing called Valkyr, I'll just say that all of her abilities should have come from Salad's hospitality, that's most probably not her original kit - not how she was designed by the Orokin/whoever designed them

Basically, to achieve maximum fighting potential, the Orokin would use the genders' stronger traits.

I would like to see more...obvious diversity among the female frames body designs. The males do have some distinct differences among them, Rhino, Nekros, Excalibur, Vauban, Atlas, they all have very easily different body builds, yet there is very little or just subtle differences between say....Ember and Nyx. If I had to pick female frames that stand out for their body builds, Saryn, Nova, Equinox, and from what I've seen Titania, but they still don't really have much distinct difference between them, Valkyr, Ember, Nyx, kinda all fall into the same basic build, with Mirage, Mesa, Mag, Banshee, Ivara, Trinity, Zephyr, all sorta have the same basic build as well.

Yet for the males about only 3 have what I call the same body build, Excalibur, Ash, Oberon, Volt, Wukong have the same basic build, Rhino, Frost, Chroma, Atlas, fall into their own category, Nekros is off by his own same with Nezha, with Limbo kinda being the middle ground between Nezha and Nekros, and Vauban being middle between Exaclibur and Rhino and Hydroid is there somewhere also. 

Simply put, too many of the female frames share the same body type, unlike the males where body types vary, so the question remains...in this sci-fi world...why do the male body builds vary so much yet the female ones don't?

It might come but I know Warframes are inspired by anime body types, I feel like there are more petite/slim female frames then average or masculine. I wish there was more body types for NPC they all look athletic. I know Atlas has big muscles so there has to be a frame like that in female style. For now though.. Valkyr with Gersemi reminds me of slim model bodybuilders or day form equinox for a tomboy style.

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

many Warframes already are 'muscular' - they just don't fit the stereotype tropes that the people that whine about social justice bullsnot want everything to fit into.
those sorts of people are the biggest hypocrites there are.

there will surely be more Warframes, and they'll look however they look.

I think you can have variety for variety's sake without having to be PC.  The only thing more annoying than SJWs are the people who rankle at everything they perceive to be a hint at being 'PC.' In other words, chill dude. 

39 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Every since I started playing Overwatch on release. I started to check out the Reddit and ignoring its forums, and basically; Blizz was getting criticized for their female characters during their Bate Stage. So they introduced one of my faviroute charavters; Zarya.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, some of you might jump to conclusions but I got nothing against the female frames body builds ingame. But when comparing the male frames, I kinda notice that a lot of the MaFrame (Male + Frame = MaFrame) are quite drastic to one and another. For example, you got Rhino and Atlas. They're both have similar kit and fighting styles. Yet, they looked different from one and other. This can be said for most MaFrames. But when I started to check out the FeFrames, I notice they weren't as drastic as the males. There was some body diversities; for example when comparing Sayrn to Nova. The height, hips and breast where different. Again, it can be said about Mirage and Valkyr. Don't get me wrong, am not going to cry about it or start calling names. What am saying is they should give the idea of muscular FeFrame a go. It wouldn't hurt to have a Female Atlas, wouldn't it?

tl;dr:

Reveal hidden contents

Am basically, kindly asking DE to consider the idea of a muscular female frame.VAsizzm.jpg

Completely agree!

1 hour ago, Zoracraft said:

I mean, Valkyr has to be pretty muscular to be able to do what she does. She must just have really lithe muscles (like a kitty cat :D).

I think a muscular female warframe would be ok, as long as it didn't feel forced. There are a lot of muscular women in various mythologies, so I'm sure DE could find a cool way to do this without looking like they are trying to... appeal to neo-feminists (or whatever the political group is referred to as now)

Needless to say, it's a touchy subject no matter how you slice it, and someone is going to be ticked no matter what happens. Warframe is a place many of us flee to from the chaotic and highly politicized world we live in, and DE may decide not to take the risk involved in making a female warframe more muscular than the others in order to avoid alienating anyone. However, as far as I'm concerned, I would be ok with a muscular female warframe whose theme fit it's nature.

EDIT: and as has been said before, Equinox's  day form is female and appears pretty muscular, so I guess that's one warframe that fits this theme.

You do make a really good point. It wouldn't make sense to have a caster frame to be bulky as Atlas. But if they are planning on making another FeFrame tank, It wouldn't really hurt to give the idea of a bulky frame. Seeing how it would perfectly fit into her theme and kit. I don't want to pressure or force DE them into doing it. But the Idea of having a bit more body build diversity really wouldn't hurt anyone. Yet, the biggest thing I notice; there wasn't as many distinct features as the males. As Rhino and Volt got their cod piece, Limbo got his hat, Chroma got his little wings on his back and Frost has little cooler on his neck. Obviously, the new upcoming frame; Titania has Butterflies on her arms. Which perfectly falls into the theme of kit and design.

I'm gonna say no. Warframes are artificial constructs, they represent the design their creator envisioned, not the body of the user. 

Besides diversity for diversities sake is stupid, I don't want to play a paraplegic midget, and I don't want a game to add one with one simply because there isn't one in there. 

58 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

It wouldn't hurt to have a Female Atlas, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't mind it, but what with frames not having faces it would be very difficult to tell that it's actually a female frame. 

23 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Yet for the males about only 3 have what I call the same body build, Excalibur, Ash, Oberon, Volt, Wukong have the same basic build, Rhino, Frost, Chroma, Atlas, fall into their own category, Nekros is off by his own same with Nezha, with Limbo kinda being the middle ground between Nezha and Nekros, and Vauban being middle between Exaclibur and Rhino and Hydroid is there somewhere also. 

Oberon and Volt are built nothing like Ash, Ex or Wukong. Volt maybe, but Oberon is distinctly different, closer to Nekros than anything. Also, Limbo is a separate type that he shares with Inaros. Nezha is a slightly slimmier Volt.

54 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Weird fetish, bro.

You've seen nothing. Not that his post was fetishistic.

9 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Besides diversity for diversities sake is stupid, I don't want to play a paraplegic midget, and I don't want a game to add one with one simply because there isn't one in there. 

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I'm not against more types of Warframe looks and designs. In fact, I'd love more. However, as Sixty5 has said, diversity solely for the sake of diversity isn't good. It's tokenism at that point.