Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with Nyx's passive

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hey, guys! Just going to leave a quick note on why Nyx's passive isn't the best idea. It's quite simple really, her passive is triggered by her abilities. Which means, it is the only (aside from Limbo's) passive that requires energy to use. In itself it isn't really a passive, just a trait of her abilities. Take Ember for example, her powers have the passive ability to set enemies on fire. Seems silly, right? What I propose for Nyx's passive is to either make ALL of her attacks (both weapon and ability wise) have a chance to confuse/disarm enemies.

I agree with that it isn't a but PLEASE NO.

currently almost all nyx players hate her passive because it doesn't work with her kit. nyx is amazing in that she is as powerful as the enemies she is facing, using their strengths against them. the last thing you want to do with nyx is make the enemies weaker, for instance by disarming them.

Natural confusion would be pretty nice but disarm passive actually opens up a lot of options for her. Being able to spam Bolts while reloading, firing, and just whenever, with a pretty high chance of disarming is amazing and opens up gameplay styles that most people didn't bother with before.

Just now, Ivan_Rid said:

I love her passive, damage that enemies do to each other is negligible.

you must not be paying any attention. ever seen a bombard go nuts on some teammate? or an eximus heavy gunner gun down entire groups of twats. and if you want to disarm why don't you pick loki with irradiating disarm. that is another reason why this passive it is bad. it makes nyx to much like loki. and while irradiating disarm is optional. this stupid passive isn't.

1 minute ago, TheLocalHentai said:

Natural confusion would be pretty nice but disarm passive actually opens up a lot of options for her. Being able to spam Bolts while reloading, firing, and just whenever, with a pretty high chance of disarming is amazing and opens up gameplay styles that most people didn't bother with before.

of course there are nice things to it. but it clashes to much with her kit. it makes her weaker by making all her powers (except psybolt) weaker, but then makes her a bit better by making her more like loki. she was an amazing frame that scaled endlessly because her power was that of the enemy. now she is a second grade loki without invisibility.

On 20.6.2016 at 7:18 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hey, guys! Just going to leave a quick note on why Nyx's passive isn't the best idea. It's quite simple really, her passive is triggered by her abilities. Which means, it is the only (aside from Limbo's) passive that requires energy to use. In itself it isn't really a passive, just a trait of her abilities. Take Ember for example, her powers have the passive ability to set enemies on fire. Seems silly, right? What I propose for Nyx's passive is to either make ALL of her attacks (both weapon and ability wise) have a chance to confuse/disarm enemies.

Did they changed Embers passive?

Ember needs to be set on fire by the enemies to trigger her passive, not the other way around.

It's pretty inconsequential, if enemies are living long enough during Chaos for their weapon sets to make a difference, then that Nyx and/or her team is doing something wrong. Besides, enemy melee scales ridiculously (especially with the recent enemy buffs; Sheevs) so it isn't really that bad. The only time it would be absolutely awful is during Mind Control but I've never seen it do that. Absorb spam/permalock with range can disarm a ton of enemies too, not only that but they'll actually try to melee Nyx during absorb.

4 minutes ago, vinx909 said:

you must not be paying any attention. ever seen a bombard go nuts on some teammate? or an eximus heavy gunner gun down entire groups of twats. and if you want to disarm why don't you pick loki with irradiating disarm. that is another reason why this passive it is bad. it makes nyx to much like loki. and while irradiating disarm is optional. this stupid passive isn't.

Enemy armor outscales enemy damage by such a ridiculous margin it no longer matters unless you're running x4 CP.  Even then, any sane person wouldn't rely on poor AI and mediocre damage to do the killing for them.  While it may be fun watching a Scorch wipe their allies with an Ignis on Draco, it's not a viable strategy for late game.

1 minute ago, PikeOrShield said:

Enemy armor outscales enemy damage by such a ridiculous margin it no longer matters unless you're running x4 CP.  Even then, any sane person wouldn't rely on poor AI and mediocre damage to do the killing for them.  While it may be fun watching a Scorch wipe their allies with an Ignis on Draco, it's not a viable strategy for late game.

when i solo with one CP in T3s and up they still rip each other apart. the AI isn't great (or good) but they don't need to be strategic, just shoot, and that they can still do.

1 minute ago, TheLocalHentai said:

It's pretty inconsequential, if enemies are living long enough during Chaos for their weapon sets to make a difference, then that Nyx and/or her team is doing something wrong. Besides, enemy melee scales ridiculously (especially with the recent enemy buffs; Sheevs) so it isn't really that bad. The only time it would be absolutely awful is during Mind Control but I've never seen it do that. Absorb spam/permalock with range can disarm a ton of enemies too, not only that but they'll actually try to melee Nyx during absorb.

i don't know you you build your nyx, but when i use chaos enemies we can't see yet are murdering each other. if you want they to fight with melee: irradiating disarm. with mind control it happens after the controll, so if you are one of the many people who find a very strong enemy and like to control them multiple time: F*** YOU, he is now useless.

and if you want to disarm everything, take loki. that is the problem. every bonus nyx got is just a weaker version of loki, making nyx completely useless while taking away what made her good and unique.

6 minutes ago, vinx909 said:

once again, why not take loki?

Because I like my Nyx colour scheme. And thickness of her thighs. And design in general. And may be I consider game too easy and could use a handicap.

Like seriously, she was buffed exactly in relation to Loki, attempt was made to close the gap between them, and it was done in a right way - not by nerfing Irradiating Disarm, but by buffing up inferior Chaos.

it is handy, but kinda doesnt fit her, she confuses not disarms, even theme-wise it makes little sense...

i`d never say it`s useless, but i`m with OP on this one, it sure isnt the best thing to go with her, if enemies attacking her have a chance to switch sides for a while that`d be more useful, now u rly can cover urself while reloading or any other animation lock, just absorb for a sec, they hit u, turn against each other and ur on again

Problem with nyx's passive-it shouldn't exist, simple as that.

That passive work AGAINST her whole toolkit, and just big one nope. Set aside that DE trying to screw with nyx even more, after giving loki mini-chaos. So instead of fixing irradiation disarm augment, as they should be, instead they like-"Hey, let's give nyx disarm, so we gonna can have chaosing disarm loki and disarming chaos nyx, isn't it great?!" No, it's not.

That passsive is a very bad move that show that DE claerly have NO IDEA why players use nyx-to chaos and mind control heavy\eximus units, like multiple time. And now it have a chance to drop its gun after mind control?

Tnanks DE. That helps alot (it's not).

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

Blame Irradiating Disarm, not Nyx/Prime's bad passive.

Either way, most passives need another run TBH.

Yes, I own both Loki and Nyx Primes. No, I find Irradiating Disarm broken, hence not equipping it (though it is technically a good augment...)

28 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Because I like my Nyx colour scheme. And thickness of her thighs. And design in general. And may be I consider game too easy and could use a handicap.

Like seriously, she was buffed exactly in relation to Loki, attempt was made to close the gap between them, and it was done in a right way - not by nerfing Irradiating Disarm, but by buffing up inferior Chaos.

we don't want a second loki. nobody wants two of the same frames. if you can't understand that you can't be helped.

I do not get where you get the idea that enemies deal less damage when they are forced into melee. Whenever I disarmed enemies thus far, they started dealing way more damage than they would with their weaponary. And since the AI isn't regularily dodging melee, it does no harm to Nyx's damage capabilities.

However the whole passive sounds more like an augment than a distinctive trait.

21 minutes ago, 1N33DM0N3Y said:

There is no issue with nyx passive, when ur realise that only Bombars & Napalms get disarmed by Nyx in LoR run

i don't know where you get that information but everything can get disarmed. (maybe except melee units, harder to say.

6 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Problem with nyx's passive-it shouldn't exist, simple as that.

That passive work AGAINST her whole toolkit, and just big one nope. Set aside that DE trying to screw with nyx even more, after giving loki mini-chaos. So instead of fixing irradiation disarm augment, as they should be, instead they like-"Hey, let's give nyx disarm, so we gonna can have chaosing disarm loki and disarming chaos nyx, isn't it great?!" No, it's not.

That passsive is a very bad move that show that DE claerly have NO IDEA why players use nyx-to chaos and mind control heavy\eximus units, like multiple time. And now it have a chance to drop its gun after mind control?

Tnanks DE. That helps alot (it's not).

thank you.

i think that lokies irradiating disarm and chaos are different enough. one makes them run at each other hitting with useless sticks, the other makes them choot each other. loki is only as strong as his weapons, nyx is as powerfull as the enemy. at least that was untill this stupid passive.

and yea. it is by far the worst passive. it isn't just useless, it actively works against you.

9 minutes ago, vinx909 said:

i don't know where you get that information but everything can get disarmed. (maybe except melee units, harder to say.

I run every day LoR & LoR NM and this something that u have to experience see it by ur self, Nyx disarm is Rng based but it always prioritise mostly heavy Units as i can see alot Corpus Tech  get disarmed too. 

Edited by 1N33DM0N3Y

1 minute ago, 1N33DM0N3Y said:

I run every day LoR & LoR NM and this something that u have to experience see it by ur self, Nyx disarm is Rng based but it always prioritise mostly heavy Units as i can see very  Corpus Crewmans get disarmed too. 

i also have experience. especially in the void. where i have seen the most basic guys with guns (forgot the name) get disarmed. and heavy units getting disarmed is even worse, those are the units you want to mind control and have attack their friends with big guns.