[DE]Megan

Hotfix: Lunaro 4

Matchmaking needs to be adjusted. I keep playing games where one team is winning by a landslide, and then someone else joins, and they get put on the winning team. It's not fair, and I was even on the winning team some of the time. The new player should either get put on the losing team, or they should only be able to spectate until another player joins so that the teams stay balanced. Also, it would be really nice if we could choose to wait in the lobby for longer to get bigger teams. I'm getting tired of joining matches where one team has 1 person and the other has 2 just because we can't wait longer for more people. That happened last night where I was on the team with 2 people, we got a significant lead in points, then finally right before half time a few more people joined and the teams were balanced. They were actually quite good players so they were catching up, but because we had a nice buffer from before they joined, we still one. I'm glad we won and all, but it was still unfair for the other team. One thing that could be done is have a practice period before the match to give us something to do while we wait for more players, and we can get a feel for each other's strategy and plan our attack. I think that would be a nice addition.

Also, unrelated to Lunaro but team deathmatch and capture the flag are basically dead. Seriously, no one plays those. I've been trying to do the missions for those are got lucky getting into a capture the flag game and barely got the challenges done, but I haven't had any luck getting into team deathmatch. I really think something needs to be done to make conclave more approachable and more fun. One thing I think really needs to change is the whole "kill confirm" system with the Oro. It's honestly bullS#&$. The last time I played, I was sniping guys and racking up kills, but my Oro kept getting stolen because someone happened to run by and it got pulled toward them instead of me. They had no part in getting the kill but just got some free Oro by happening to run by right after I got the kill. It's seriously messed up and makes it really frustrating to play. Now, if you just gave the Oro have a lifespan and only made it collectible by the person who got the kill, that would be a good solution, so no one else could "steal your kill", but you also had to go collect it before it "dies". Food for thought. Conclave just needs some help to get more people playing it as currently it's just not very fun. Lunaro actually has that fun factor, but I could see it going down the same path if these issues aren't fixed and there isn't anything put in to add variety, like modifiers, power ups, or something along those lines. 

• Upvote 1

Alright, 1 step forward and 2 steps back for the Lunaro hotfix. I get it, they want to make melee spammers useless and that's great, but they really shouldn't have changed the shoulder bash knockdown. Hear me out. I've been waiting for the immunity after being knocked down and it would work PERFECTLY with the shoulder bash knockdown. Why? Because the shoulder knockdown was strategic. It actually helped against melee spams because people could use their shoulder bash tactically to get an advantage in close quarters. Now it's back to spamming E until someone gets the ball and gets out, which is sad. There was so much planned usage with the shoulder bash that made it really fun. Please DE, bring that back and with the new knockdown immunity the era of tactical checking will be upon us.

- Someone who plays way too much Lunaro because it's ridiculously fun.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:20 PM, Railgun_Alter said:

Why would you need your Helios to use Prime Fury as well in the first place?.
That thing's only purpose is to scan things for you? A normal Fury should be enough

I'm in love with Helios. After DE broke Diriga sniper rifle speed, they broke Helios too, that's why and I'm not getting enough speed from Deconstructor.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:16 PM, DJ_SkruLoose said:

WAAAHHHH! You aren't entitled to even ONE Primed Fury! DE was awesome and made a great mod and gave it to you FOR FREE just for playing the game. And now you're b*tching because you can't have TWO? Good lord, that's worse than whining that your parents didn't get you what you wanted for Christmas despite the fact they just got you dozens of presents. 

I.m sure not to be only one right now, like you are saying b*tching, but DE better give us this mod normally, either I don't need it at all. Melee weapons are getting way too many attention in this game and Primed Fury wasn't that very needed mod right now. So, I'm b*tching, because if the talk was about Primed Serration, I would be pleased with one not tradable mod.

I've played Cephalon Capture.  I've played Annihilation and its team variant.  I will probably never play Lunaro.

Why?  The same reason I don't play T4 Survival for more than an hour where you can only survive via CC.

Because this is a game about shooting bad guys in the face.

That said, thanks for the other fixes.  I know it sounds like I'm just being a sour puss but I really do appreciate the work yall put into Lunaro.  If nothing else, when I get bored I'll probably drop in and just spectate a few matches, should be fun to watch.

Looking forward to Specters of the Rail for sure :D

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, takuya8999 said:

when will the clan emblems be released??

Um.... could you be more specific? Just like that, it sounds like you're missing information, as Clan Emblems have been a thing for quite a long time now

Can you fix the incredibly crazy low drop rate on some of the miter parts on the Phobos boss mission? I still have not gotten one part after all my time farming.

9 hours ago, chuckdm said:

I've played Cephalon Capture.  I've played Annihilation and its team variant.  I will probably never play Lunaro.

Why?  The same reason I don't play T4 Survival for more than an hour where you can only survive via CC.

Because this is a game about shooting bad guys in the face.

That said, thanks for the other fixes.  I know it sounds like I'm just being a sour puss but I really do appreciate the work yall put into Lunaro.  If nothing else, when I get bored I'll probably drop in and just spectate a few matches, should be fun to watch.

Looking forward to Specters of the Rail for sure :D

Is there a spectator option for Lunaro? i could'nt find one but would love on.

6 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

Is there a spectator option for Lunaro? i could'nt find one but would love on.

Its not yet implemented but DE is working on it

Sure I missed something, but IMHO still:

1. Still there are 4 VS 3 matches. Plus sometimes Sun player looks like Moon player. We had one player, who was in Sun team, but for teammates he looked like Moon team player. So, everyone ignores him and he is just doing nothing for 10 min. 

On 6/22/2016 at 1:41 AM, PhoeniixFiire said:

Matchmaking needs to be adjusted.

2. ^ This. Looks like Sun team is a main by default. First player starts in the Sun team and after that others are joining matches, that are 0:8 or smthn. 

3. Goalies. There is a lot of thoughts how to pass them by, in theory, but still -  on practice, in recent games, that I've played, ball is purple like 90% of time. When you have the chance to grab it for throw, there is sure a goalie for catch. I don't mind against goalie thing, but this 3m vortex is covering whole goalie "hole thing". Plus, the last fix gives to players (goalies) more immunity. Plus, it kinda kills the idea of long distance shots. It would be cool to make this goal ring should be wider. OR make a few meters field near this goal thing, where no one can stand, including goalies. OR maybe goal ring should be like 5-10 meters higher, where goalie can defend it only in double jump or smthn. 

4. PING. It kills a lot. 

5. Stealing a ball from behind.

6. Obtaining ball. It's much more better that in the beginning, but still can we make it more visible? Maybe louder sound? Or maybe like Teshin phrase "you have ballz" :D

Edited by MomentsOfSpring
G
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MomentsOfSpring said:

3. Goalies. There is a lot of thoughts how to pass them by, in theory, but still -  on practice, in recent games, that I've played, ball is purple like 90% of time. When you have the chance to grab it for throw, there is sure a goalie for catch. I don't mind against goalie thing, but this 3m vortex is covering whole goalie "hole thing".

I honestly think it's fine where it is. It takes TEAMWORK and passing (you know, the things this game is supposed to encourage) to get past a goalie. Heck, my team won 16-0 last night and I scored 13 of those points, and they had a goalie. The other two were constantly chasing me and checking me to keep me from scoring. If you're passing with your teammate and both are working together (assuming your third man is goalie), there is not too much difficulty getting past a goalie. I think a lot of the people complaining about goalies are ball hogs who repeatedly self-pass and whine when they can't single-handedly bypass a goalie.

Edited by DJ_SkruLoose

On 6/21/2016 at 5:16 AM, ButterLutter said:

Thats not the same, at all.

Its a huge difference if i sell a Fleeting Expertise, which i can farm again whenever i want, or i sell a Mod which cant get farmed at all. There is exactly one Primed Fury per Player in Warframe. Trading this just means "someone now has 2 and someone else has none".
The sole purpose of selling Primed Fury was to buy it again when it gets cheaper. This is greed at its finest. It was a huge risk and they lost it. Selling Fleeting Expertise or any other farmable mod has no risk at all. Its basically getting Plats for your spent time. 

Whether you're risking something or not, that's not what makes you greedy. You might as well call every business 'greedy' then.