The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro vs System Perfomance

Akavakaku

I've been playing Lunaro since it came out, and yet I've seen many players who vastly outcompete me, and are able to catch and check with far more accuracy. Some of them obviously have just practiced harder than me, but is it that common or are there other factors? I just want to see if there could be a link between Lunaro ability and computer system performance. So if you want to help, post your Lunaro stats (go to your Profile in-game) and system performance during Lunaro ("show FPS" option in Settings).

For example, in Lunaro I have played 18 games, and have made 12 goals, 2 saves, 49 interceptions, and 35 checks. During Lunaro I get about 20 FPS and 100-300 PING. Interested to hear what it is for you.

Because of the lag the host will always, ALWAYS have an advantage.

My connection is terrible. If I try to host more than two people at the dojo they start DCing because they lag out, it's that bad.

I am so, SO tempted to start hosting Lunaro matches and just curbstomp everyone through their 1000+ ms pings.

I do not and will never understand why PVP matches aren't hosted on DE's servers to give everyone a level playing field latency-wise.

Most matches usually have lag where everyone looks like they are either running in place or have stopped moving entirely. This persists for a few seconds usually. In Lunaro I don't really know what to do during it. When it happens during regular conclave matches any attacks you do on what you perceive as frozen targets still registers which may be considered dirty to exploit but you are also vulnerable and are most likely being attacked yourself. It's quite an unfortunate dilemma that I hope dedicated servers fix. 

1 hour ago, Akavakaku said:

I've been playing Lunaro since it came out, and yet I've seen many players who vastly outcompete me, and are able to catch and check with far more accuracy. Some of them obviously have just practiced harder than me, but is it that common or are there other factors? I just want to see if there could be a link between Lunaro ability and computer system performance. So if you want to help, post your Lunaro stats (go to your Profile in-game) and system performance during Lunaro ("show FPS" option in Settings).

For example, in Lunaro I have played 18 games, and have made 12 goals, 2 saves, 49 interceptions, and 35 checks. During Lunaro I get about 20 FPS and 100-300 PING. Interested to hear what it is for you.

Is more a networking problem than a system performance problem, is like in normal conclave or in PvE, if the host have a bad internet then everything is going to be desynchronized for clients causing them lag except for the host.

Edited by chofranc

I think my FPS is higher since I turned off everything, but only around 35-50fps. I think the latency is one of the biggest factors. Gameplay has become more manageable after today's update, but I'm not sure if that's due to latency decrease (ping between 145-170ms compared to 180+ms) or if it has more to do with the other changes made with staggers and knockdowns.

I have terrible internet as well, so I try to avoid hosting as much as possible (by canceling and searching for squads again), but sometimes it gives me a squad before I cancel. I wish there was a reliable Host migration that would choose a better host under conditions other than the host leaving. 

Some players are just superior in their movement and accuracy. Me and a friend played 1on1 yesterday. He has played Warframe just as long as I have, but I greatly outperformed him. Latency wasn't a factor here since we had LAN.

I know it's tempting to blame connections or fps issues, but a lot of people forget to look at their own skills. And no, I'm not trying to offend anybody, just trying to remind people, that they need to look towards their own skills sometimes. That's the only way you can get better. If you go around thinking you're the best, then you'll never get better.

Generally when I play Lunaro I only miss max 5% of my shots, and I generally make 15-20points by my self in a match, sometimes a lot more, sometimes less. And this is just from random pugs.

Most people are saying it depends on the host, but I experience this consistently no matter who's hosting. Great players remain great after host migrations. So either it's just my own player ability like Klazik said, or my system performance.

3 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Most people are saying it depends on the host, but I experience this consistently no matter who's hosting. Great players remain great after host migrations. So either it's just my own player ability like Klazik said, or my system performance.

I can only say this regarding skills in Lunaro: If you're relaxing and having a good time, then you're doing it wrong haha. You need to be tense and focused.