Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Fury

MKolhun

Long 200 days of waiting finally over - Primed Fury!
A lot of people start to glorify it, attack speed reach new heights.
Now you can use only one Fury, instead of True steel + Berserker, which isn't work all time.
After hearing so much nice about this mod, I ask one of my friends to give it to me for day or two, so I can test it by myself.
Why I ask? I will get mine only in 3 weeks, it's too long for me, also I can forma weapons beforehand.
He agree to give me his Fury, and it meet my expectations. It is a really good mod.
After playing with it during day, and forma my favorite weapons, I try to give it back.
But I can't find Primed Fury in trading session. I thought It may be a bug.
"Hotfix Lunaro 4: Primed Fury are UnTradable"
What the Hell, if it so exclusive, why it was tradable before?!...

I try to contact support, they refused to help.

Now I feel bad, I almost robbed my friend.
Soon I will have 2 mods, and he never be able to get at least one.

What should I do?...

I don't see a point in True Steel. I use both fury and berserker on my melee builds, because they are multiplicative.

People are overglorifying red crits while that multiplier isn't super good compared to just regular crits. Using True steel to get guaranteed red crits faster isn't as good as people think it is.

48 minutes ago, Naftal said:

People are overglorifying red crits while that multiplier isn't super good compared to just regular crits. Using True steel to get guaranteed red crits faster isn't as good as people think it is.

I submit to you that the thing to consider is: Are you using Body Count or not, and, what kind of melee weapon are you using.

• If you are using Body Count on a weapon with good crit chance, then Blood Rush out performs True Steel in the long run and it's overkill to have both of them because as you say, your crits get "saturated" basically.
  • If you are not using Body Count and have a weapon with mediocre crit chance, then you need your crits to stack fast more than stack high, so True Steel helps you get into reds and your combo will time out before your crit chance ever reaches saturation.

That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Edited by Momaw

Least you'll be able to have one fury on your Helios at the same time as your melee...

Though if your story is as clear cut as you're saying, it is a shame that support won't help you if they can produce a history of the transaction indicating no platinum traded etc. Then it should be as simple as removing it from your inventory, re-adding the mod (maxed, I'm assuming) to your friends inventory and there you go. He's lost out on core(s) and/or credits too. It was risky to do the trade but it wasn't made for greed or anything, just in good faith, so I can see how it's unfair especially with support refusing to assist.

51 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I don't see a point in True Steel. I use both fury and berserker on my melee builds, because they are multiplicative.

using true steel on a high crit melee with 2.5x+ base multiplier gives a pretty big damage boost, don't forget that red crits aren't just double crits from (100%-200%] crit chance, the multiplier is added again when you pass 200%, then again on 300% etc. effectively skyrocketing the damage when you use blood rush

It works like this, let's say you have (1+A)x multiplier on your weapon, and you score a regular redcrit from the "first tier" (100%-200%] crit chance, the damage is now multiplied by (1+2A), now on each new tier (300% 400% etc.) the crit damage is added yet again, to put it in a simple formula it'd be something D*(1+100A\C) where D is base damage, A is your crit multiplier-1 (if you have 2x multiplier, A=1) and C is your crit chance, of course this calculates approximate DPS, but it's fairly accurate and usable in practise

So, using True Steel on a crit-viable melee is basically an indirect (but realistically reliable) damage increase, though I'd argue that you'd better forget both P fury and True Steel if you want to completely max out your damage, and put in Maiming Strike instead, since that thing, just like True Steel, stacks with Blood Rush (you can make easy redcrits on ANY melee if you use blood rush and maiming strike, but only the melees with 2x+ base multiplier are viable, except for a couple 1.5x swords)

Just now, Praxxor said:

using true steel on a high crit melee with 2.5x+ base multiplier gives a pretty big damage boost, don't forget that red crits aren't just double crits from (100%-200%] crit chance, the multiplier is added again when you pass 200%, then again on 300% etc. effectively skyrocketing the damage when you use blood rush

It works like this, let's say you have (1+A)x multiplier on your weapon, and you score a regular redcrit from the "first tier" (100%-200%] crit chance, the damage is now multiplied by (1+2A), now on each new tier (300% 400% etc.) the crit damage is added yet again, to put it in a simple formula it'd be something D*(1+100A\C) where D is base damage, A is your crit multiplier-1 (if you have 2x multiplier, A=1) and C is your crit chance, of course this calculates approximate DPS, but it's fairly accurate and usable in practise

So, using True Steel on a crit-viable melee is basically an indirect (but realistically reliable) damage increase, though I'd argue that you'd better forget both P fury and True Steel if you want to completely max out your damage, and put in Maiming Strike instead, since that thing, just like True Steel, stacks with Blood Rush (you can make easy redcrits on ANY melee if you use blood rush and maiming strike, but only the melees with 2x+ base multiplier are viable, except for a couple 1.5x swords)

But the crit multipliers from higher crits are additive. The damage won't skyrocket with additive damage multipliers. It does less than double the damage when going from yellow to red crits, because only the bonus damage is added again, not the base damage.

Just now, Naftal said:

But the crit multipliers from higher crits are additive. The damage won't skyrocket with additive damage multipliers. It does less than double the damage when going from yellow to red crits, because only the bonus damage is added again, not the base damage.

You didn't even read the formula part, lovely

1 hour ago, MKolhun said:

I try to contact support, they refused to help.

Pray you can get the attention of someone such as @[DE]Rebecca then?

Really sucks that when a support system/team fails, the player is usually the one who gets shafted. (Not specific to Warframe)

Edited by DeltaPhantom

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Yeah I skipped that because I already know how it's calculated.

I fail to see how your formula is important to what I said.

You stated the exact same thing that I wrote in the formula as if you are using it against me, I fail to see how that's logical anyhow

Just now, Praxxor said:

You stated the exact same thing that I wrote in the formula as if you are using it against me, I fail to see how that's logical anyhow

What is your formula trying to prove? Because the higher crit levels being additive damage, those multipliers won't make your damage skyrocket.

13 minutes ago, Naftal said:

What is your formula trying to prove? Because the higher crit levels being additive damage, those multipliers won't make your damage skyrocket.

Take a look at these builds:

With True Steel: http://goo.gl/lodYhW

With Maxed Primed Fury: http://goo.gl/qFeb0h

(BTW the site is completely accurate)

Put the multiplier at 2.5x or so (very easy to get to) and berserker buffs at 3 (a high crit melee won't have problems with keeping that up) you'll see that the build with Primed fury only deals <300 more DPS than the one with True Steel, and True Steel actually surpasses the build with Primed Fury if you manage to get to 4.5x combo (ok that's not realistic at all, just info)

So what i was proving is that True steel is USEFUL with melee weapons that have high crit multiplier, isn't this enough proof? I'd rather use just True Steel than go and max a goddamn legendary mod for a (let's be honest here) small DPS difference

But yeah it all depends on preference, I'm only saying that True Steel isn't useless

Edited by Praxxor

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Take a look at these builds:

With True Steel: http://goo.gl/lodYhW

With Maxed Primed Fury: http://goo.gl/qFeb0h

(BTW the site is completely accurate)

Put the multiplier at 2.5x or so (very easy to get to) and berserker buffs at 3 (a high crit melee won't have problems with keeping that up) you'll see that the build with Primed fury only deals <300 more DPS than the one with True Steel, and True Steel actually surpasses the build with Primed Fury if you manage to get to 4.5x combo (ok that's not realistic at all, just info)

So what i was proving is that True steel is USEFUL with melee weapons that have high crit multiplier, isn't this enough proof? I'd rather use just True Steel than go and max a goddamn legendary mod for a (let's be honest here) small DPS difference

The dps calculator for melee weapons on that page doesn't take animations into account. If melees dealt that low dps in reality they would be completely unusable.

I still know how True Steel works, you don't need to show the math.

Until you get to higher levels, the TS build will kill slower because enemies are oneshot and that build swings slower. You'll get less kills per time and also get your combo counter up slower.

Sure, True Steel is useful in a vacuum. However there are 8 more useful mods for builds.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

The dps calculator for melee weapons on that page doesn't take animations into account. If melees dealt that low dps in reality they would be completely unusable.

I still know how True Steel works, you don't need to show the math.

Until you get to higher levels, the TS build will kill slower because enemies are oneshot and that build swings slower. You'll get less kills per time and also get your combo counter up slower.

Sure, True Steel is useful in a vacuum. However there are 8 more useful mods for builds.

It's all good until Sheldon sneaks in Primed True Steel next week.  C'mon Sheldon.  You can do it.  XD