Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 5

[DE]Megan

37 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

YES FINALLY. I won't be starting game 1v2. THANKS DE

Yeah, now you won't be able to play at all because you'll have to wait for 5 other people to be ready to play. And that still won't stop somebody from leaving and making teams unbalanced again.

Something about this patch removed being able to throw, bulletjump and check the Lunaro in the ring. This was very useful for countering players standing in the ring to catch it and gave u an extra point for the effort. you now just go over the Lunaro when ramming it after throwing. Please bring it back.

Edited by monekeyfart

54 minutes ago, Rythiman said:

My Conclusion, you must be modding and playing volt incorrectly if energy drainage is a problem for you.

Volt main here too. Some of us actually like to build Volt to be well rounded, which is what he is best at. Arguing that a cheese max efficiency build (with Trinity and Zenurik) is the proper way to build Volt to use his new shield is just proving our point for us. The skill drains too much damn energy. Full stop.

I will never use it, until the movement speed decrease and energy drain on movement are gone.

Anyway, we're getting there slowly. His re-work was rushed, and we're getting the proper tweaks bit by bit. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Allies can now backflip(aim + directional roll backwards)  to remove Volt’s Speed if they wish to opt-out. 

You can be my hero baby, you can kiss away the painnnnn. Life isn't so bad after all. Now if only this change could be applied to the rift too.

Still no fix for fatal teleport not working properly.

It still fails a lot when not hosting.

Even when hosting, if the enemy moves fast enough, it still fails all the time.

For example: it will work on a standing charger, but will fail on a running charger.

And now teleport acts a little big weird.

It used to teleport to the front of the enemy, but now it teleport to enemy's back, unless it is not moving.

I have to do some quick turns after I teleport.

5 hours ago, XtheMATTx said:

Before you post a "Still no fix for ___ ", stop. Think about the amount of stress the devs are under right now with this major update right around the corner. Chances are they know about the bug you're going to post about and they are working on it. They don't need you being inconsiderate about their hard work.

Could've sworn long time ago it was the devs that told us the right way to post that in these update threads, and that we should... Considering if we don't there is no telling how the bug will effect the new stuff DE puts in. You don't know what they know, and neither do I. We should speak up anyway.

25 minutes ago, Arlayn said:

Could've sworn long time ago it was the devs that told us the right way to post that in these update threads, and that we should... Considering if we don't there is no telling how the bug will effect the new stuff DE puts in. You don't know what they know, and neither do I. We should speak up anyway.

Yes, but just saying "Still no fix for ___" is just plain disrespectful and inconsiderate to the work they are doing.

I can tell you this for a fact, saying that just pisses DE off.

34 minutes ago, XtheMATTx said:

Yes, but just saying "Still no fix for ___" is just plain disrespectful and inconsiderate to the work they are doing.

I can tell you this for a fact, saying that just pisses DE off.

Ye but there still no fix for resetting to baldie, and don't tell me that this is harder to fix rather than whole lunaro things\volt improvements. This is literally several seconds of coding.

4 hours ago, Rythiman said:

Number 1, efficiency caps at +75% and that can already be done with the streamline and fleeting expertise mods in game now. Unless you insist on using the blind rage mod (which by the way does nothing for that ability), using primed versions of those mods wouldn't make it any more efficient.

Number 2, with Max efficiency volt shield drainage isn't bad. Unless you are trying to constantly run the entire mission holding it its fine how it is. I use it stationary most of the time and move with it for certain enemies like the bursa and bombard. 

Number 3, with Zenurik focus school I actually gain energy faster than the shield drains it. And if their is a trinity on the team lack of energy is definitely not a problem.

My Conclusion, you must be modding and playing volt incorrectly if energy drainage is a problem for you. If you insist on using blind rage and/or forgoing efficiency mods then you should be relying on volts other abilities, not shield. If you are using max efficiency and still having draining problems you are either overusing the riot shield or you are standing close to an energy leach eximus. I've played with no efficiency mods, just primed flow, and I've had no problem. Kept his energy at max almost constantly. Don't see why people complaining that his energy use is too high. 

BTW, volt is my main warframe because in my humble opinion he is the best. I love the update to his number 2 though, glad that's back.

Woooow... you sure are fun at parties, right? Like... jokes are totally not your thing I'm guessing.

FYI: I tested the new cancel for Volt's speed. It needs a quick fix.

[Yes - speed cancelled] Backflip while holding primary

[Yes - speed cancelled] Backflip while holding secondary

[No - speed not cancelled] Backflip while holding melee

If this has been pointed out, oh, okay. Ignore me.

@[DE]Megan

Edited by Rhekemi

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A Public Lunaro match will now only start when 6 people have joined the lobby. This alleviates joining a game in progress that may be very one sided and not enjoying Lunaro to its fullest! 

Sadly this still isn't going to get Lunaro working. Warframe's current match making an Lobby system is just not up to handling quality Player vs Player match making.

While its great that lobbies won't start with imbalanced teams, they now don't really start at all, because you get multiple lobbies of 2, 3 or 4, just sitting around all twiddling their thumbs without completely filling up.

The network latency and "host advantage" on how magnetic the Lunaro is, still make the few matches that come up virtually unplayable. Warframe, as it currently exists is just not, on a technically level, up to the challenges of running these kinds of experiences. The variances host hardware, network connections, and the way Warframe's netcode is structured just add up to an unenjoyable and aggravating experience.

The only fix I see is to do what Blizzard does, that many people hate, and force a synchronous Lockstep model of networking. Every Client (and the host) needs to be on identical play states to keep things competitive. This is the exact opposite of Warframes current model where the host handles basically everything and updates the clients when it can (noticeable at high latency,, where enemies warp about and powers or other client actions/powers are delayed in activation). It sucks because Lockstep means everyone has to play at the worst frame rate of the worst connected system, but there aren't many other options to get this under control without cashing out for distributed dedicated servers (by geographic region) and the bandwidth needed for them.

Even the idea of getting Players to create dedicate boxes of their own won't do it in the end. It will devolve into Minecraft style server hosting services that rent out the actual true server boxes and the bandwidth. Which is just someone else picking up the networking costs for DE, not changing what's actually needed.

Lunaro, and Warframe PvP in general, need a totally different network architecture. And I'm not super convinced its actually worth DEs (or our) time commit to such a project. May as well spin off Warframe PvP into its own game with different modifications to the engine.

3 hours ago, Chagungy said:

Maybe start the match with 4 in lobby instead of 6? I'd also rather take my chances with an unevenly matched game against me over this.

Why compromise? Just revert to the way it was where the only minimum required is at least one opponent.

Yeah, it's unbalanced to be 1v2, but that's the price paid for keeping players interested long enough for that extra person to join and make it 2v2 or 3v3.

I'd rather be able to play, even if I'm losing, than sit in the waiting room HOPING I get to play eventually.

My suggestion is bots that make way for humans as they arrive. Really simple, really stupid bots with simple programming. At least they fill empty space, that'd be their prime purpose.

1 hour ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Ye but there still no fix for resetting to baldie, and don't tell me that this is harder to fix rather than whole lunaro things\volt improvements. This is literally several seconds of coding.

You don't know that. That's the thing about developing games. Sometimes its not as simple as you think it is. They could have fixed it, but them fixing it could have caused another bug, and that bug could have caused another bug.

Its not always as simple as "A few seconds of coding"

Edited by XtheMATTx