Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 5

[DE]Megan

First you have to wait with this lunaro hotfix at least 15 minutes or more to play a matchmaking!Second when host is laggy you cant even shot the ball away from your hand!Host has always the advance due his lag!Third what about the ragequits ingame?This is not hotfix its a reason not to play lunaro anymore!The fun has been lost!Lunaro will be a dead zone for the most players they were playing for fun!This hotfix made Lunaro from now on an empty Sector!Congrats!If you want a fix?Do this game at least countdown to start from 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 players so we dont have to wail for all Eternity!I dont know to think about the leavers during in game!Fair plays dont even exist,if you wanted to achieve that!And fix that Darksplitsword its still glitched and shows that its not maxed rank even if you max it at your equipment!Ty in advance!

Edited by LyZARC

After a few more matches of Lunaro I do realize that my average games per hour have decreased dramatically. Before, I could basically play one match after the other, so a good 5 matches per hour consistently (the remaining 10 minutes take up the idle space in between the transitions). Now? if I'm LUCKY I get three, normally only two because of all the waiting time. Further suggestions:

Ready checks. If two people are already in the match, and both want to play against each other, let them use their "ready" button to indicate they want to start the match early. If the group hits 6 players, it auto-starts.

Uneven players are spectators. So if Team sun has 2 players in the lobby and team Moon one, then the second sun player is listed as spectator and roams around for as long as a second moon player joins in. Same with 3:2 . If a player of the other team leaves, you might consider warning with a grace period to swap one random player into spectator mode.

4 minutes ago, Khunvyel said:

Uneven players are spectators. So if Team sun has 2 players in the lobby and team Moon one, then the second sun player is listed as spectator and roams around for as long as a second moon player joins in. Same with 3:2 . If a player of the other team leaves, you might consider warning with a grace period to swap one random player into spectator mode.

In sports terms, I think it's called being benched rather than spectating. Not to be confused with weight lifting.

I personally don't mind uneven teams since I don't care about winning (I do try though), but an auto-balance is certainly merited to prevent 3vs1.

• A Public Lunaro match will now only start when 6 people have joined the lobby. This alleviates joining a game in progress that may be very one sided and not enjoying Lunaro to its fullest! 

And Lunaro is dead. 10+ minutes in lobby.

Good job DE.

Edited by Diaemus

I just clocked my record on sitting waiting for a match to happen:

32 minutes.

That being said, I've increased the ping limit for match making to make it easier to find eligible players, and also switched to NA east coast (because that would currently be a prime time over there). Also that being said, we were 5 people for like 15 minutes waiting for something to happen, then more than half of them just left again. Also that being said, after those 32 minutes I was alone again so I just exited myself.

Now the worst thing is, I can start a 2v2 match on FRIEND mode no matter what. But I don't get any conclave points for that, and I also don't always have those friends online at any time I want to play.

I understand the bandaid fix for "balanced teams", I really do. But please add smart choices and ready-checks with additional spectators ready to jump in once the team gets balanced.

13 hours ago, LyZARC said:

First you have to wait with this lunaro hotfix at least 15 minutes or more to play a matchmaking!Second when host is laggy you cant even shot the ball away from your hand!Host has always the advance due his lag!Third what about the ragequits ingame?This is not hotfix its a reason not to play lunaro anymore!The fun has been lost!Lunaro will be a dead zone for the most players they were playing for fun!This hotfix made Lunaro from now on an empty Sector!Congrats!If you want a fix?Do this game at least countdown to start from 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 players so we dont have to wail for all Eternity!I dont know to think about the leavers during in game!Fair plays dont even exist,if you wanted to achieve that!And fix that Darksplitsword its still glitched and shows that its not maxed rank even if you max it at your equipment!Ty in advance!

They need dedicated hosting like PvP conclave utilises for Lunaro

Still no fix for unplayable lag in conclave. Still no fix for conclave matches starting automatically if there's a host migration. Still no fix for movement exploits allowing players to jump and move way further and faster than they should be able to. Still no fix for getting Lunaro grabbed out of your hands when you're clearly the one who was closer to it. Still no fix for conclave balancing, where new players simply get put on moon if it has less players, or sun if teams are equal, taking into account absolutely nothing about the current scores of each team, making an unbalanced team even more unbalanced. Still no fix for Lunaro disappearing for some players, making it impossible to keep up with the game or helping your team in any way. Still no fix for UI elements indicating where the Lunaro is or who has the Lunaro completely disappearing. Still no fix for lack of separate rebindable keys for Lunaro.

Sorry if I'm being super negative but conclave is so infuriating to play that we literally have players joining and asking if the other players want to just help each other complete the challenges so they can be done with it. Lunaro is the most promising new addition, but unless you're the host or get lucky with low ping opponents, you might as well just go afk because it's nearly impossible to play. When you literally have a 1 second delay from when you press the throw button and the Lunaro actually leaving your Arcata, it's pretty much a waste of time to try. I can jump as high as I can, catch the Lunaro, aim glide, throw the Lunaro, and I'll hit the ground before it launches...it's that bad most of the time, and I have my ping limit set as low as it will go. My Internet is great too, so it's not a problem on my end. I've been contemplating buying the current Prime Access ever since it came out, but holding off because of how many bugs and problems have been left unfixed recently. You guys release reworks for warframes that are completely borked and they still aren't fixed. You finally released an update for Volt recently, but his ult is still not castable while in the air. It also doesn't affect enemies that are too far above or below you, which is bullS#&$. The tesla effect is also completely unreliable. You can't count on it actually working for the remainder of the ability, which makes increasing duration absolutely pointless. It just makes me wonder if you guys even playtest your patches before you release them, because anyone who has played the game for any decent amount of time will tell you how bloody messed up a lot of these changes have been. I want this game to succeed and continue to be awesome, but I'm noticing that you guys are focusing too much on new content for the sake of new content and not spending nearly enough time fixing the stuff that's borked. Please DE, fix your game, then add new content.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Hamu_ said:

people are gonna be impatient and leave before it's full. the games will never start at this point!

^ This is happening!  LUNARO used to be so much fun and now you can't even find a match.  Please find a happy medium so that matches will queue up again!

Thanks for keeping at it DE. 

This current extreme is just a knee-jerk extreme response to before, but isn't an properly fitting solution. Not starting matches until it's 3v3 makes them take forever to even commence: as many have said, please implement a system where the round can start 1v1, and additional players enter in pairs rather than trickle in one by one like they did before.

How soon until we can modify controller settings for Lunaro? Its driving me bonkers... can't use the aim setting to attract the ball and it greatly hinders my defensive abilities! I can't seem to figure out why it doesn't work since it should be mapped to the PvE settings, right? RT for fire, LT for aim. I've reset the controller settings to default and it still didn't work. Strangely enough, when I reset keyboard controls, the controller worked to attract the ball, but all other functions were really funky. Lunaro will be such a great conclave mode when all the pieces that are floating around finally fit together!

Just sat for 30 minutes waiting in a lobby for 4 others to join, no one did. This after I raised my ping limit, etc.  Before I agreed that 2 v  1 or 3 v 1 was awful, but now you can't play at all. Take a page out of DICE's book, let people run around the pit, with no scoring, until an even amount of people join. Once they do, refresh locations and start the match. Add people in pairs, etc. System team balance, etc would help a ton as well, because even now, people can leave mid game, and end up in the same situation this fix tried to avoid.

Edited by Shadow8600

Another issue I'm seeing is with premade teams.

Right now, there is no way in hell that I can make a Clan-team of 3 people ready to join against either randoms or another group of 3 people. We always, ALWAYS end up split in opposing teams, no matter if there was nobody waiting or somebody waiting.

How are we going to have nice competitions and community based Lunaro Tournaments going when we are being ripped apart all the time?