Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone actually like these missions?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

2 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

The missions I'm referring to are extermination, capture, sabotage (the run here, blow up core, and extract ones) deception, and mobile defense.

Capture, sabotage, and deception are pretty much the same mission. Run to location, destroy weak target, or install datamass, and extract.

The only reason I ever use "press 4 to win" is because slowly killing 150ish enemies is rather dull for a game like this, to say the least. 

The enemies on mobile defense are so weak compared to us that it feels like a chore guarding the defense "stations". A player should never sigh when they see that they have to guard more than two stations (I'm referring to before they all had three); they should be happy that they get to enjoy the mission longer. 

TL;DR: Enough of what this fool thinks. What I really want to know is, does anyone enjoy playing these missions and why?

I don't like Exterminate. It's tedious going around clearing out the map only to have to back track because an enemy randomly spawned a couple rooms back. I know DE said they supposedly fixed this and yeah, I don't have to back track as far but their are still time the mini map leads me past enemies.

Capture is alright. I enjoy it for a quick get in and get out and get reward.

I like the new Sabotage and didn't mind the old one. New one is a lot more interesting. Doing it with randoms makes it boring though.

Deception is okay.

I really like Mobile Defense. It is my third favorite mission. It is Defense light and I like defending a point against a horde of enemies and it gives you a change of scenery every wave. Now if only enemies came in tougher and larger waves...

I like these missions because I usually play solo, and I dislike endless missions.

Exterminate is actually my favourite since I usually take some underleveled gear or frame (or both) and take my time to clear the rooms while trying to stay alive. This is only possible in exterminate because of it's unique feature: no surprise b*tts*x by enemies who suddenly spawn behind you.

Exterminate has always been one of my favorite mission types for solo stealth play - I enjoy systematically clearing a level of enemies at my leisure. Due to the changes to how enemy spawning works when the alarms off (praise DE!), I can now enjoy other stealthable mission types (including sabotage and deception) in the same way.

I'm less fond of capture and mobile defense, because once you find the target/put the datamass in the first console, the alarms are on forever and enemies spawn automatically aware of your exact location as though it were a survival mission. The enemy spawn logic makes syndicate scavenger hunts on these missions a nuisance - though at least with MD you still have the option of ignoring the objective while you search and then backtracking to do the objective once you've found all the medals. In any case, I still prefer MD over regular defense.

Personally, endless missions in general are my least favorites, with archwing defense being the absolute worst and and excavation not far behind.

I like em, especially in the form of alerts. Quick 10k exterminate or capture, maybe I've got a booster running, that's a nice bunch of credits for a few minutes of work. I'm okay with that. I don't always feel like hanging around in a survival mission for over an hour.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

2 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

What I don't understand is why it's so wrong to like a fast, simple mission... What is so bad about that? Some people LIKE that, they find that fun. Sure it's not for everyone but neither is Spy, Survival, or other mission types.

Because fast and simple, and interesting and engaging are not mutually exclusive.

Rescue missions are fast, simple, interesting, and engaging. If you want to rush it, you can, and you'll get swarmed with enemies. If you want to be stealthy, there's less enemies to protect your rescue target from. That's engaging. You can see how your execution of the objective impacts how the mission progresses.

Deceptions, Exterminates, and Captures could be engaging, if anything you did from points A to B, and/or B to C mattered. But they don't. Regardless of how you approach the objective it always plays out the same. There's no feedback. Your individual actions or decisions are irrelevant.

Even speedrunning something gets boring after the 50th time.

- I like exterminations as long as i don't have to kill more then 80 enemies (after 80 kills i'm bored and just want to leave)

- Capture is fast BUT i just don't understand why it isn't a stealth mission and why our abilities don't work against capture targets (could be/should be the best stealth mission in warframe but at the moment it's the worst one because the capture targets are instantly alerted if you enter the room they are in)

- Reactor Sabotage is just a choice between mobile defense (coolant cell) and deception mission (fuel cell) in the mission (i can choose before entering the mission^^)

- Mobile defense: hijack is a mobile defense, that mission is not

- Deception needs a rework badly, it's just carry a datamass to a console and get to extraction. You could completely remove the enemies from that mission and it wouldn't change anything