Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR8 test is a bad joke

xXx_mtv_xXx

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I think he just farmed Draco too much lol

Yeah movement is something that needs to be used or it is neglected.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

Use Valkyr then. Grappling hook makes it simple.

Abilities are disabled for Mastery Test. 

1 minute ago, Deadl0ck said:

You think that's hard? Really?

This is how it used to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-UH0XaWls

WAIT A MOMENT. YOU COULD ACTUALLY WALL RUN BEFORE!?

.... Why, why can't we have that back...? That looks 100x cooler than the weird bounce-jum-thing we do to climb now... T_T

Just now, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

Use Valkyr then. Grappling hook makes it simple.

No Powers in MR Tests, mate

There was some weird physics interactions that meant you could bounce off walls and make yourself fly halfway across the map.  Also, there weren't many long, smooth walls in the map tiles where you could effectively wall run.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

So I'm stuck at MR7 because of the last part of this test. Even the guy in this video barely made it across:

I asked a MR21 friend how to do it and he said he has no idea :D he says this test was much easier back in the day when he did it. Apparently you could use powers back then to just fly across with some frames...

So why is this test now so hard for us newer players? DE pls...

You do know that there is a platform right below the final one? The guy in the video just decided to skip that and jump straight to the last platform.

I just finished this test a few weeks ago and although I failed it once, this is why I used the PRACTICE function in the relay. There should be no excuses.

Edited by N7_Lotus

I failed it my first time too. Then people kept telling me to take a maglev max-speed loki...I practiced several times (failed all of them). I over shot or slid off everything. Then I came back from a mission one day with mesa and just decided to give it a whirl and passed easy...moral of the story: you don't need speed, you need accuracy...and if you are trying it on a speedy frame your not used to your probably going to get frustrated beyond belief. Practice in the relay. You don't need special powers and if your praying for a passive to pop up and suddenly pass the test for you...your in for a long night of disappointment. Any frame can do this test...I would suggest taking the frame you play the most with because you should have a pretty good gauge on its speed and agility.

i remember that test. it used to be harder and you had less time as the platforms vanished. looks alot easier now. I used a shotgun with the widest pellet spread so i couldnt miss the orbs as i was flying through. There was also no bullet jumping... which would have made the old test trivial...

32 minutes ago, Deadl0ck said:

You think that's hard? Really?

This is how it used to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-UH0XaWls

Yeah, I remember doing the test that way. So much more annoying and difficult (PLUS not being able to practice beforehand!).

27 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

wallrunning looks fun, I wonder why they removed that...

I think it had to do with the physics and collisions with protrusions in the walls. Essentially wallrunning was useless except for the few developer-designated areas. If you've ever done the Grineer Spy Vault that has the trolley path to the left or the parkour past the laser on the right, then I believe that path on the right was the longest wallrunning space we had in-game for Parkour 1.0 (video for location reference). Everything else was pretty useless except for the flinging acceleration when coming off the wall with little to no control.

As to why not keep the animations but improve the movement/control, then I'm not sure, but I think there was some reason given on a Devstream.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

wallrunning looks fun, I wonder why they removed that...

Because wallrunning would seem awkward and not flow well with with Parkour 2.0 which was added in U17. Wallrunning would make you stick and run along the wall as long as you held the jump button, and when you release it, it will send you flying in the direction you were running with an angle. And it was abit hard to control. I'll admit wallrunning still looks cooler, but in terms of control over the character and fluidity with the Parkour 2.0 movement, wallhopping is better, IMO. I still consider Parkour 2.0 to be one of the best changes that came to the game.

Edited by Knightmare047

Practice in relay + use soma or some large clip high accuracy semi to full auto weapon for easy aim, and install rush and glide mods. Totally doable without all of that, that just makes it a guaranteed easy win with a bit of practice. 

Mr 21 and can't complete a Mastery Rank 8? Well, that is a bit embarassing, but I am not one to judge. But seriously, he needs to practice his parkour skills a little bit more. Basically that test is easy as pie once you use bullet-jump and aim-glide. And learning to chain slide, bullet jump and double jump, extended with aim-glide together makes you able to fly distances you could never ever dream possible.

And if you are using a controller, ditch it and use keyboard/mouse, at least for the test.

I do admit that I screwed it up a few times too, but that is because I tried to rush it and messed up some stupidly easy jumps because I was a bit stressed and nervous. Those were real facedesk moments for me, but then I realised it is no big deal and tried it in a relaxed mindset, and BAM! Done. If you have trouble, there is a place on Relay to practise every mastery rank test that you have unlocked so there is no excuse to not succeed eventually. You have unlimited practise runs, but you can also do the actual test there once every 24 hours (like you normally do). If you have problems finding where, go to Relay, head over to Cephalon Simaris's room and it is the long corridor that leads up on the right.

7 hours ago, Ciaus said:

Practice in relay + use soma or some large clip high accuracy semi to full auto weapon for easy aim, and install rush and glide mods. Totally doable without all of that, that just makes it a guaranteed easy win with a bit of practice. 

I agree Soma is not really needed, if you can hit the broad side of a barn with a gun, even a Paris will do. There is no time limit so you can take all the time you need to shoot the orbs. I used Excaliderp and Braton MK-1. Because nostalgy.

This test IS a joke.

Truly nothing compared to the other parkour tests.

Want to pass any of them?

Gain access to the simulacrum and practice your tests before attempting them.

BOOM, DONE!

Simulacrum access is not required for mastery test practise runs.

Edited by SoanoS