Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR8 test is a bad joke

xXx_mtv_xXx

2 hours ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Maybe not, but the xp/knowledge/skill gained from practicing in it is never a bad thing.

I think you're confused about what the simulacrum is. OP can practise the mastery test as much as he likes without access to the simulacrum, which wouldn't even be that helpful. He'll get a lot more out of practising the test than just messing around in the simulacrum.

*Edit: also there's no xp gain in the simulacrum.

Edited by Lord_Azrael

To people posting 'this is easy' - a useless comment and not worth the space it takes up.

Practice in the relay - it took me a while. The only other advice I would give is to pay attention to what direction you are looking when jumping. It is not enough to just jump - the direction you are looking (up, down, straight ahead etc.) affects your vertical and horizontal trajectory. Same thing with jumping from a still position compared to jumping while running - momentum is a factor as well.

Edited by JohnnyQuantum

I don't see how any answer other than some variation of "git gud" or "practice" could possibly apply.  I did it just fine a few days ago, which I did by practicing and getting good.  Maybe if someone can't complete a particular test that thousands upon thousands upon thousands have done entirely without issue, the problem doesn't lie with the test?

6 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I think you're confused about what the simulacrum is. OP can practise the mastery test as much as he likes without access to the simulacrum, which wouldn't even be that helpful. He'll get a lot more out of practising the test than just messing around in the simulacrum.

You do know he IS talking about practicing Mastery Tests in Simaris' area, right?  He's clearly counting the Mastery Practice bits as part of the Simulacrum.  While technically not true, it's not a stretch and not really confusing.  And he would be getting the experience of playing through the tests before they actually count.

6 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

I don't see how any answer other than some variation of "git gud" or "practice" could possibly apply. 

How about "this is the combination of buttons I used to do these maneuvers, which you can use to pass the test." Or maybe "you're missing that there's another platform before the final one." Others have made these sorts of comments, and it's worked out okay so far.

11 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

You do know he IS talking about practicing Mastery Tests in Simaris' area, right?  He's clearly counting the Mastery Practice bits as part of the Simulacrum.  While technically not true, it's not a stretch and not really confusing.

I'm sure it's not confusing to you. To a new player who clearly doesn't know his way around simaris's room too well, it might be. What if he goes to the relay and says "hey guys they told me to head to the simulacrum, where can I find it?" And they tell him it needs a key that must be purchased? He's a new player who's asked for help (granted, he could have worded it better, but still...). He deserves clear answers. 

9 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

How about "this is the combination of buttons I used to do these maneuvers, which you can use to pass the test." Or maybe "you're missing that there's another platform before the final one." Others have made these sorts of comments, and it's worked out okay so far.

I'm sure it's not confusing to you. To a new player who clearly doesn't know his way around simaris's room too well, it might be. What if he goes to the relay and says "hey guys they told me to head to the simulacrum, where can I find it?" And they tell him it needs a key that must be purchased? He's a new player who's asked for help (granted, he could have worded it better, but still...). He deserves clear answers. 

He said even the guy in the video almost couldnt do the last jump and that it is so hard, but it is just wrong, you can do this jump easily 

in this video, while i used lightning dash, i didnt even look up much for the bullet jump, which shows just how easy this jump actually is

On 6/25/2016 at 2:54 PM, Lord_Azrael said:

Yes, I understand what you are saying. You don't understand me. I was just saying that he should alway be practicing, regardless. Use the Simulacrum and the MR trials to be better. Whenever they change anything, go back to the Simulacrum and MR Trials and practice. Kill baddies and do the hardest of the MR tests in order to master the new movement mechanics or weapons or whatever.

And I didn't mean actual XP (affinity) but real experience. 

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, (PS4)Goldova said:

Hard ? not that much, once you have the habit of using the bullet jump.

Exactly. Have you even used bullet jump. I'm talking to the person who made the post by the way. MR 5 is harder if you don't know the rule to that difficulty of hacking.