Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR8 test is a bad joke

xXx_mtv_xXx

Well, in a way MR mean nothing, you can spend 1000 hours and be rank 8 or 9 because you did not rank up many equipment, on the other and you can be rank 15 in let's say 500 hours, so Mastery Rank is no representative of your time (and your understanding, mastering) on the game

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

ok I admit I got to this rank by standing in a spot behind a Volt shield and spamming my Tonkor huehuehue yes I'm cheese :D

Not even mad, but you miss out on so much of the WF experience doing that. Grind the crappy weapons like the kraken with that, but for most, please grind em out, you'll end up loving most of them.

Edited by TheGunSlanger
When did they add a curse filter?

Just now, (PS4)Goldova said:

Well, in a way MR mean nothing, you can spend 1000 hours and be rank 8 or 9 because you did not rank up many equipment, on the other and you can be rank 15 in let's say 500 hours, so Mastery Rank is no representative of your time (and your understanding, mastering) on the game

I saw a MR15 player who has like 2500 hours in the game lol

1 minute ago, TheGunSlanger said:

Not even mad, but you miss out on so much of the WF experience doing that. Grind the crappy weapons like the kraken with that, but for most, please grind em out, you'll end up loving most of them.

I will grind weaker weapons after they nerf the Tonkor :D if they ever do...

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

So again to make Mastery rank meaningfull should DE make them harder?

oh come on, the grind itself is hard enough to justify getting MR, especially considering how weak most weapons and frames are until you max them. 

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I will make one criticism on the MR8 test. The platforms are too well blended in with the environment. I like them to have more contrast. 

I'm not even trying to be rude, just asking, but do you have any sort of eye issues? Perhaps your brightness is too high or too low? I can see them just fine.

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

So again to make Mastery rank meaningfull should DE make them harder?

What would it change, the way i see things, the main issue is that mastery is link to the numbre of equipment you have ranked up, not the time you've spend on the game, the number of successful mission, that kind of thing

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

oh come on, the grind itself is hard enough to justify getting MR, especially considering how weak most weapons and frames are until you max them. 

Mastery rank is called mastery rank for a reason. It's meant to show your "advanced" skill and knowledge on the game, and to justify you having more rewards per day (synd xp). It's not meant to be completed in a few days or weeks (I think the record to 20 is a month)

Eh, it's not too bad really. Just practice a bit, and you should be good.

That said, I miss the old test tileset because the new one indeed has way too much visual noise. Unnecessary visual noise to be exact. While the old one felt a lot more well-defined to say.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight