Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR8 test is a bad joke

xXx_mtv_xXx

8 minutes ago, TheGunSlanger said:

Mastery rank is called mastery rank for a reason. It's meant to show your "advanced" skill and knowledge on the game, and to justify you having more rewards per day (synd xp). It's not meant to be completed in a few days or weeks (I think the record to 20 is a month)

I needed 34 days for MR 10. 

50 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

So I'm stuck at MR7 because of the last part of this test. Even the guy in this video barely made it across:

I asked a MR21 friend how to do it and he said he has no idea :D he says this test was much easier back in the day when he did it. Apparently you could use powers back then to just fly across with some frames...

So why is this test now so hard for us newer players? DE pls...

You're missing the platform that's lower. Look closely.

53 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

So I'm stuck at MR7 because of the last part of this test. Even the guy in this video barely made it across:

I asked a MR21 friend how to do it and he said he has no idea :D he says this test was much easier back in the day when he did it. Apparently you could use powers back then to just fly across with some frames...

OH JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE MR11 TEST! The platforms and the environment blend in making it harder to actually see where you're going. Which is a problem that DE needs to change.

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

1 minute ago, TheGunSlanger said:

I was detecting sarcasm in that post about grinding... that's all. If that isn't the case, my apologies.

well I admit that i do like to troll sometimes, but I assure you I'm being totally serious here and yes I'm just frustrated that this MR8 test isn't as easy as spamming tonkor and getting thousands of kills while standing behind a shield :D /thread

2 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

How else can he act really? A bunch of "git gud" comments with little actual advice to the obviously new guy. He could try and word stuff better but eh, frustration is a thing.

Most people are messing with him about it (to be clear my git gud comment at the end of my post was meant to be a joke) because it's one of those things that shouldn't be hard if you actually play the game enough. MR 8 isn't meant to be aquired in an extremely short time, which is why complaining about MR 8's parkour test (which shows basic movement used in most average play sessions) is redundant and shows that he most likely grinded out his rank.

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

well I admit that i do like to troll sometimes, but I assure you I'm being totally serious here and yes I'm just frustrated that this MR8 test isn't as easy as spamming tonkor and getting thousands of kills while standing behind a shield :D /thread

That I'll agree with. Speaking of tonkor.... WHERE'S THE NERF DE?. (I prefer Sancti Tigris for my overpowered weapon btw)

Edited by TheGunSlanger

2 minutes ago, TheGunSlanger said:

That I'll agree with. Speaking of tonkor.... WHERE'S THE NERF DE?. (I prefer Sancti Tigris for my overpowered weapon btw)

I also have Soma Prime which amazing. I don't know why people like Tigris. Not like it can kill a dozen bots with one shot like the Tonkor can. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

22 minutes ago, TheGunSlanger said:

I'm not even trying to be rude, just asking, but do you have any sort of eye issues? Perhaps your brightness is too high or too low? I can see them just fine.

Perhaps that is the case but take a look at the old MR8 test below

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Eh, it's not too bad really. Just practice a bit, and you should be good.

That said, I miss the old test tileset because the new one indeed has way too much visual noise. Unnecessary visual noise to be exact. While the old one felt a lot more well-defined to say.

You can clearly see the difference in contrast. Solid white platforms vs dark background. The new test has too many unnecessary "noise". 

Edit for addition: Plus a few others has posted the same issue with the environment. Maybe they have bad eyes, too. :(

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

7 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

How else can he act really? A bunch of "git gud" comments with little actual advice to the obviously new guy. He could try and word stuff better but eh, frustration is a thing.

Straight up complaining doesn't make anybody look good. Add constructive feedback and/or ask for advice makes you look less like a whiner; its like making a first impression.

5 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

This kid is a troll. Clearly.
Mods, why isn't this topic closed already?

SO you're a troll for pointing out obvious problems in this game? SO he's a troll because he' trying to defend himself when other people are jumping on him instead of actually helping?The new stage for MR test needs to change, again. The environment blends making it harder to see where you're going. 

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

im MR 12 and i dont even remember the tests anymore one thing i can say is practice at the simaris room there u can enter the MR tests and prepare for them so u dont go in blind but i think i did mine before parkour 2.0 so yea theres also that and they are tests supposed to test ur skills in the game and be a challenge 

sorry for bad english

Just now, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

SO you're a troll for pointing out obvious problems in this game? The new stage for MR test needs to change, again. The environment blends making it harder to see where you're going. 

The guy just said "This is Hard. WHY?" (and also a lot of clearly troll comments)

Never said a thing about anyone else, so your comment is uncalled for.

Haven't had problems getting around MR test up to now (MR11 going for 12).
Simaris Room including Tests practice made going through them a lot easier (Back when I started, that wasn't a thing.). You have plenty of time to practice until you reach the Rank Up and even then you can practice as much as you want until you're 120% sure you can beat it.

I don't really see why would people complain about it. But I aren't going to bash anyone for doing so.

EXCEPT, if you're just gonna whine and say it's "HARD"

12 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Perhaps that is the case but take a look at the old MR8 test below

Reveal hidden contents

You can clearly see the difference in contrast. Solid white platforms vs dark background. The new test has too many unnecessary "noise". 

Edit for addition: Plus a few others has posted the same issue with the environment. Maybe they have bad eyes, too. :(

Yeah.

Personally, if it was up to me I'd suggest to rework the tileset to only show you actual platforms (walls, columns, etc) and the void skybox. Random flying particles could stay. So you'd have fancy new looks blended with old good functionality.

13 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

This kid is a troll. Clearly.
Mods, why isn't this topic closed already?

Gotta agree that you're the troll, here. "This kid" is obviously a new player who isn't super familiar with our rather odd parkour system. If you're good enough to have no trouble, show that by helping him.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Your MR21 friend needs to learn parkour 2.0. This is a cake walk if you understand the movement system and pay attention to the available platforms.