The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova - Null Star Buff

main_antagonist

I gotta say that it's one of the most underwhelming abilities in the game even with the augment but it has potential just hear me out first!

" Neutron Star is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nova that allows all active Null Star particles to be detonated "

The changes I propose - Each enemy killed from Molecular Prime will give you x1 Null Star for free with the maximum still at x16, this would synergize very well with the augment.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Neutron_Star
0boJX9j.png

Edited by main_antagonist
synergize* not synchronise. I wrote this when I should have been sleeping.

25 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Once upon a time, Null Star staggered enemies hit.

This. So much this. It doesn't need more damage. It doesn't need to self replicate from another ability, it just needs some CC utility. I know DE is worried about it being, "OP" but it's not like Null Star is a map wide stun lock. It's on enemy per shot and would give Nova the much needed self defense she requires. 

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

If Null Star itself is lackluster, how is getting it "for free" the solution?

What'd be so wrong about bringing that feature back?

4 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

This. So much this. It doesn't need more damage. It doesn't need to self replicate from another ability, it just needs some CC utility. I know DE is worried about it being, "OP" but it's not like Null Star is a map wide stun lock. It's on enemy per shot and would give Nova the much needed self defense she requires. 

The fact is it's still pathetic in comparison to other CC 1st skill abilities for example;

Mag pull - Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range.

Sonic Boom -  Banshee emits a sonic shockwave that pushes targets in range with enough force to incapacitate or kill attackers.

Spectral Scream - Exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Chroma's energy color determines the element. (Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.)

Freeze - A frigid energy blast that freezes targets in their tracks.

Tempest Barrage - Calls down a barrage of liquid fury. (Impact damage within an area of effect. = Stagger)

Desiccation - Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.

Quiver - Ivara launches one of her variety of specialized arrows that performs a different ability depending on the selected arrow type (Sleep Arrow places enemies within 6meters of its point of impact into a deep sleep // Maximized Power Range increases sleep radius to 15 meters.)

But you want her to be able to stun one enemy at a time? I strongly disagree that your idea will fix the issue with the ability.

@NinjaZeku - "If Null Star itself is lackluster, how is getting it "for free" the solution?" You would get a singular star per kill with my idea ... Your suggestion of bringing back the stagger is irrelevant because the augment causes CC to all enemies within range. See my video below.

@DRG JupiterIvan - You misquoted me I never mentioned damage to begin with, "It doesn't need to self replicate from another ability, it just needs some CC utility" well you're wrong it does have CC my idea is to make it so that casting with the augment would synergize better with my proposed changes. See my video below.

What does this mean? It means with my idea you don't have to double cast it when in a risky situation with high level enemies, I spawned a mob of level 140 chargers and you will see that double casting to trigger the CC gets me killed. My idea is a solution that would have kept me alive because instead of casting twice I'd have accumulated Null Stars from molecular prime. If my idea is implemented and then it would be a single cast to knock down enemies and put distance between myself and the hostiles.

I also did the same test with level 1 enemies and level 30 to show that my proposal for a change would benefit survival when going against high level enemies.
So please before you guys are so quick to jump to conclusions do some research and testing thanks.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

The base ability being good without needing an Augment is never irrelevant.

Well since you want the CC back there'd be no need for the augment so you're wrong. Change the default ability to give you 1 Null Star for each Molecular Prime kill problem solved.

19 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Add stagger on hit.

Proc Blast when Null Star hits primed enemies.

Null Stars also target incoming projectiles, redirecting them away from Nova or outright destroying them.

That sounds like a Zephyr copycat ability. And this is to buff nova by giving her a Null Star per Molecular primed enemy killed. She doesn't Need more CC just more synergy because as my video demonstrates simply the delay between casts is enough to get you killed when fighting against high level enemies.

"Proc Blast when Null Star hits primed enemies." The augment does this regardless of if they are primed or not. Give it a go!

On 6/25/2016 at 4:37 PM, NinjaZeku said:

What'd be so wrong about bringing that feature back?

21 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Well since you want the CC back there'd be no need for the augment so you're wrong. Change the default ability to give you 1 Null Star for each Molecular Prime kill problem solved.

Actually he's right (ninjazeku is). Augments are meant to further increase the utility of the ability.

Main_Antagonist, your idea sounds good, but it sounds too Passive. Not even like an ability anymore.  The augment is like a "save your skin" type deal. Not a "Im gonna go jump into a pile of enemies and spam the crap out of it, hope I live!" type deal. 

The Video does show your point in the casting time between the two, but try your Molecular Prime and do it you should have more time to do so, and it will do more damage. If they don't die but slowly get knocked to the ground, gun them down. This is where a strategy would come in.

Sorry man, but bringing back the stagger on hit, with the augment, would be substantial. Nova's not a tank, more like CC Support, the tanks can handle the dirty work.

Edited by Kairo-Kuraku
Sorry wanted to comment on the Video but didn't

12 minutes ago, Kairo-Kuraku said:

Actually he's right (ninjazeku is). Augments are meant to further increase the utility of the ability.

Main_Antagonist, your idea sounds good, but it sounds too Passive. Not even like an ability anymore.  The augment is like a "save your skin" type deal. Not a "Im gonna go jump into a pile of enemies and spam the crap out of it, hope I live!" type deal. 

The Video does show your point in the casting time between the two, but try your Molecular Prime and do it you should have more time to do so, and it will do more damage. If they don't die but slowly get knocked to the ground, gun them down. This is where a strategy would come in.

Sorry man, but bringing back the stagger on hit, with the augment, would be substantial. Nova's not a tank, more like CC Support, the tanks can handle the dirty work.

I strongly disagree I'm on the design council and have been for a long time, I'm gonna place the rules and guidelines we get when we propose new concepts and what we try to keep in mind with every suggestion we make which could end up in the game.
"Not a "Im gonna go jump into a pile of enemies and spam the crap out of it, hope I live!" type deal. " You do realise I'm simply emulating how the augment works giving a demonstration? You're taking the video out of context and assuming I play that way with nova consistently which couldn't be more wrong.

"Sorry man, but bringing back the stagger on hit, with the augment, would be substantial." No it would be underwhelming in comparison to the other CC 1st skill abilities I listed earlier in this thread you have either ignored the facts or skipped them.

q4oX5PL.png

Main_Antagonist, I'm glad your on the design council, I respect that. But it doesn't pertain to me.

The Augment for null star follows the rules. #1 maybe on the line, but it got through anyway.

I do know what you did in the video, I simply put it as it was shown. Sorry to say this, but I strongly disagree with how you presented it, it was an inaccurate form of demonstrating your point of the augment and the ability, with taking out variables you created new ones. No one should play that way (no health, no shields, no other abilities) at least in my opinion. If I am still misunderstanding the point of the video, sorry, but that's what I see.

I did read the earlier points, I even read your post on all the other 1st abilities list. And you are right on that, it is a little underwhelming compared to the others, but this doesn't change the fact that I disagree with your idea. Saying I didn't is unfair, and I could say the same towards you not even pointing out the first part of the comment.

11 hours ago, Kairo-Kuraku said:

Main_Antagonist, your idea sounds good, but it sounds too Passive. Not even like an ability anymore.  The augment is like a "save your skin" type deal. 

And Loop back there.

I appreciate the feedback, so lets see if we cant come to a stand still, or a combined Conclusion, yes?

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed off-topic comment

10 hours ago, Kairo-Kuraku said:

Main_Antagonist, I'm glad your on the design council, I respect that. But it doesn't pertain to me.

The Augment for null star follows the rules. #1 maybe on the line, but it got through anyway.

I do know what you did in the video, I simply put it as it was shown. Sorry to say this, but I strongly disagree with how you presented it, it was an inaccurate form of demonstrating your point of the augment and the ability, with taking out variables you created new ones. No one should play that way (no health, no shields, no other abilities) at least in my opinion. If I am still misunderstanding the point of the video, sorry, but that's what I see.

I did read the earlier points, I even read your post on all the other 1st abilities list. And you are right on that, it is a little underwhelming compared to the others, but this doesn't change the fact that I disagree with your idea. Saying I didn't is unfair, and I could say the same towards you not even pointing out the first part of the comment.

And Loop back there.

I appreciate the feedback, so lets see if we cant come to a stand still, or a combined Conclusion, yes?

Variables on a 'glass cannon warframe/squish frame' with high damage against level 140 enemies? You can't be serious no matter what frame you bring against level 140 enemies it's not a walk in the park. Variables or not it's common knowledge that nova is squishy what you're trying to say "with taking out variables you created new ones" makes up for a very small factor and is irrelevant, it would be relevant if we were comparing level 1 enemies to level 20 enemies I don't think you really understand how high the scaling is on level 140 enemies.

Everyone seems wrapped up in a feature she had that was removed from the game and has not even touched the surface of how my concept has synergy with the augment this is primarily an augment and base ability tweak/buff to improve upon the current synergy between the two. Yet I keep having to repeat myself with people still going on about split milk because her stagger on hit on a SINGULAR enemy at a time compared to my idea which irrelevant if you have x1 Null Star or x16 max you still get AOE Blast proc GUARANTEED. It's completely backward in terms of progress of game development why?

1) Because it was removed,

2) It is underwhelming in comparison to my suggestion,

3) Has no synergy it would in fact make the augment useless because you'd have a similar benefit on a smaller scale

4) This is for high level survivability .. you stroll into a group of level 140 or 200 enemies and you want a single stagger per null star? I don't see how that'll keep anybody alive when fighting a group ... The augment knocks all enemies down within range there is NO COMPARISON they are worlds apart in terms of CC and utility. This way you Molecular Prime whether you kill a primed enemy or your team mate does you get x1 Null Star ... you have the augment you're about to get knocked down by a Heavy Gunner or you've just been riplined by a Grineer Scorpion etc. What do you do? Press 1 activate the augment all surrounding enemies get knocked down and you proceed to what ever your next plan of action is. Compared to everyone complaining about an outdated feature where you get a pathetic stagger vs a SINGULAR enemy and very minimal damage which against a high level enemy is laughable!

5) Everyone needs to put the stagger on hit out of their minds and actually get to discussing the whole point of what I've said in #4 ^ see above. I'm sick of going around in circles having to spoon feed the facts that people are deliberately ignoring because they want to go off topic and talk about how she was???

TL;DR 

Null Star is different to when it was released and in it's old functionality doesn't even compare to my idea.

Null Star will synergize with the augment if my proposal is considered by DE that is a fact and can't be debated this is straight up synergy!

Variables for testing in my video are irrelevant when the enemies are high enough level that they can one or two hit kill you. I could go on with the obvious facts here but seriously until somebody actually comments on the  synergy of my idea I'm done I refuse to waste any more energy to thread derail attempts for a game mechanic that was removed! Let the past be the past and if you want to bring the past back at least only do so when it would be an improvement over my idea which I've given multiple examples why this fails to do so!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed off-topic comment

• 1 month later...

Who here has first hand experience using the augment apart from myself?
(will quote and trim my original post for people uncertain to which augment I'm talking about.)

On 26/06/2016 at 3:45 AM, main_antagonist said:

" Neutron Star is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nova that allows all active Null Star particles to be detonated "

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Neutron_Star
0boJX9j.png

Augments are meant to provide alternative gameplay foremost not flat or general power increase. 

Neutron Star is a good example, it has a really handy synergy if you choose to be a Melee Nova. It is a very fast and reliable way to ensure multiple ground finisher if you combine it with your slow. Might be more specific but it provides a decent ammount of protection and damage at the end for a certain playstyles. 

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2016 at 2:32 AM, AcceptYourDeath said:

Augments are meant to provide alternative gameplay foremost not flat or general power increase. 

Neutron Star is a good example, it has a really handy synergy if you choose to be a Melee Nova. It is a very fast and reliable way to ensure multiple ground finisher if you combine it with your slow. Might be more specific but it provides a decent ammount of protection and damage at the end for a certain playstyles. 

Yeah so if my idea was implemented, primed enemies that survive give you more stars to do more ground finishers since you can proc the ability more often :D