Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Official Warframe Tier List

Sideway

Im sorry but i think your list is wrong. Let me explain why:

(...)

Obtaining the Frame is not a factor in this test. Only usefulness, effectiveness and diversity. Prime Frames are counterparts of Normal Frames, one more ploarity slot changes nothing, skills are the same - therefore Tier is the same.

This Tier List is about the Frame Power, Mag with Potato'd and Forma'd Ogris is strong as any other Frame with Ogris... but she's not strong because of her skills. They affect nothing, and that's the wrong thing.

Edited by Sideway

I have a few comments. [All frames maxed out here]

First, much of this (with the exception of Ember and Vauban's placement}, is essentially a re-hash of how well each frame does on Xini or high-level defense missions. I do not think Vauban is "the best" but his abilities that seem "situational" at first, are really not. Teslas become ceiling turrets that can hit targets halfway across the room, for instance.

I generally agree that there should be a large number of mid-class and no low tier. However, some abilities are there for "fun" and shouldn't be changed just because of that. Super Jump, Speed, etc., may have *extremely* situational tactical uses, but ultimately they're there to be ninja, and I'm ok with that.

High-Class:

Banshee, Frost, Saryn, Nyx = Defense Dream Team, so again, I feel there's some defense bias going on. Of those, only Banshee (Sonic Boom, Sonar) and Saryn (Moult/Venom) are exceptional in other situations, while Nyx and Frost are sometimes useful outside defense (and Frost is significantly disadvantaged and certainly "mid tier" if you're going infested defense).

I do think you are being too harsh by creating a category just for Mag. She was my starter, the third frame I potatoe'd and still has a great ult with long range. However, she does need a rework, and frankly DE probably needs to throw out/change 2 of her skills. Pull is cool, especially at those early levels where you're taking the shield off those grineer shield lancers, but it costs a lot of energy and is *highly* situational. Shield polarize is a joke, seriously. Maybe make it % of shields or something so it is viable. Bullet attractor... I have problems with that ability because it stops me from being able to get headshots, hit weakspots, or use sonar at the same time. This should see a rework to only "catch" the bullet if it wasn't going to hit the target. Crush should at least have a post-damage stagger/stun effect because even if they survived, they just took a lot of damage, now they pretty much land on their feet and start shooting again as soon as you can move.

tl;dr: Mag needs a rework, but she's not worse than Volt or Rhino (never was a fan even before the nerf).

Edit: @ OP - I'm sure you've done some real work in your "testing," but without explaining your methods and criteria, it's hard to say who is "actually" better, or, much less, what "better" means. An unfortunate effect of this is that I have to wonder how much of this ranking could be tied to "easiest to exploit." Overall, I think not because a lot of the rankings make raw sense, but please be aware of this risk.

Edited by Westmin

Hmm, I am interested in what the rest of the community thinks of this list. Do you agree/disagree? Have you played all 13 frames, or are you in a clan or squad with access to all 13, and found clear disadvantages as suggested in this image?

I have played nearly every frame in the game and few that I haven't played I have clanmates and teammates that play them.

This tier list more seems like usefulness in a defense mission and nothing else, and even then Nyx is at the top ahead of Vauban because of Chaos and Mind Control. Sorry for the wall of text but these are the changes (and why) I would make to his tier list.

Vauban may be good but he is no 'god' tier, he is high tier at best. He does have useful utility and CC abilities that can affect high level play, but he cant clear a room with a single ability cast like most other ults can. He has benefits but he also has his downsides as well. When you're first leveling him up his abilities aren't all that useful, but once you get into the higher levels he really hits his stride. His Bastille is good for defense as well as keeping heavies off of your cell, and his ult is a great way to disable heavies and ancients in a small area. His skills are mostly about area denial so in missions where you actually have to move around a lot he's not always the best choice. But for defense and mobile defense he is pretty solid.

He is also one of the few frames currently with synergistic skills, such as putting a few teslas on ash before ash uses bladestorm.

Nyx is much closer to being a 'god' tier frame if there is one, but I would leave her in the high tier. She has very solid CC skills and is a mainstay in many higher level missions, especially T3 void missions. She can trivialize entire rooms regardless of the enemy levels. And in fact, as the enemies level up she just gets more useful and powerful. Her chaos and mind control are amazing abilities either in normal missions or defense missions because the stronger your enemies are, the stronger your new allies are. And if there is only one massive bullet sponge left (looking at you level 120 corrupted heavy gunner) it makes it stand there idly as you blast it apart.

Her ultimate can be a bit more situational, but allies can add to its damage and hide behind it, meaning enemies near her really get hit with some of the highest damage in the game if you're lucky.

I would move Loki up to High tier gameplay. Especially when you consider late game and what you can do with distracting enemies, going invisible(and therefore invulnerable) and being able to reduce even the most damaging grineer to easy to kite melee enemies. His switch teleport, while situational can allow him to either quickly get out of a bad situation, or save an ally that is in one. At the earlier levels he may suffer a tiny bit, but in the mid to high level gameplay nearly all squads can benefit from what he can bring to the table.

I would move trinity up to high tier as well. She has quite a few useful abilities that work well in teams and can make most missions much easier. Her well of life makes the tankier enemies a free 100 health to allies, her energy vampire allows her allies and herself to be able use their ultimates more often and chain together ability combinations. Her link makes her able to revive anyone and tank a boss head on without having to worry about it. And her ultimate, while extremely situational can save an entire party and change the tide in a T3 raid mission very quickly. While she lacks the upfront ability of directly combatting enemies with her abilities her skills with the group more than makes up for it.

I would move Rhino up to the mid tier. While he still needs some work he is deffinately not low tier grade. He has a few decent CC abilities and a very decent closer ability that will allow him to get close and personal with anything, while knocking them down at the same time. His ultimate can use some work but it does do a good job of damaging *and* disabling the enemies that it hits, making them easier pickings for the rest of the team. And it works great against bosses. While his IS is not near the levels it was before, an extra 800 shields is very helpful against most standard missions, and only really starts falling apart in T3 void missions, or high level defense missions. Otherwise he is a pretty solid tank.

Volt. He needs some work but with his high manuverability and stun chance he is a solid frame if you can play it right. His shield provides a nice defense and attack buff all in one. His speed makes him easily able to get around enemies and out flank them with the rest of the team. His shock has a decent stun chance and utterly ruins corpus levels. His ultimate could use a small buff in the base area that it covers but beyond that its usefullness depends partly on the tile that you are in. In most corpus ship tiles it is incredibly powerful and will destroy entire armies of corpus but in the outdoor levels its not that useful. It still deals pretty decent damage though and can still be a great help in most defense missions. So I would also move him up to mid tier.

Mag...I would move Mag up to the low tier. She definately needs some work but not a complete rework like you seem to think. Her pull is situational but can be useful to pull enemies into the path of an AOE that your team is setting up, or keep an ancient disrupter off of a friend. Her Shield Polarize is even more situational, but when used right can save the defense target, rescue target, or even your tank. Again it still needs work, maybe making it into a small AOE effect that does it would be a better choice? Her bullet attractor is really only useful against high mobility mobs that are hard to take down, or when paired with Excaliburs radial javelin skill for massive damage. Her ult is decently powerful and useful. Because while its base damage may not be enough to kill high leveled mobs it does allow your team to shoot the temporarily disabled mobs. I would maybe change it so that it affects mobs that run into its area during the cast to at least disable them for the remaining animation.

The last change I would make to your tier list is to move banshee to the mid tier. Her abilities are useful but two of them, silence and radar, aren't that helpful in a lot of missions. Silence wont be much use until stealth is fixed and improved but it can be useful. Sonar, while it can massively increase the damage an enemy suffers to a single part can put the weak part on something that you cant often damage, such as the bottom of the feet, or the back of a shield lancer or ancient or something similar. Her sonic boom is a useful area denial skill with the knockdown, though the damage is subpar to make up for that. Her sound quake is a decently powerful ult if you can hit all the enemies in the room, or the boss, to keep them stunned but leaves her completely open to enemy fire for 7 seconds which can make it a suicide skill if not used carefull and it limits its overall usefullness because of that.

The other frames are in the right place from my experiences playing and playing with them. From my experiences with them most are mid to high, with mag being one that really needs a buff to get back to more usable levels.

High-Class:

Banshee, Frost, Saryn, Nyx = Defense Dream Team, so again, I feel there's some defense bias going on. Of those, only Banshee (Sonic Boom, Sonar) and Saryn (Moult/Venom) are exceptional in other situations, while Nyx and Frost are sometimes useful outside defense (and Frost is significantly disadvantaged and certainly "mid tier" if you're going infested defense).

Let's be honest. Defense and Void - this is our "endgame". Any class with any weapon can be "acceptable" in all other kind of missions. They don't require coordination, tactics, skill, nada. It's just relaxing shooting. But it starts to get complicated when you go with your "fun" frame on your first Void III Exterminate. My first missions of this type was with Rhino... and I was shocked. Iron Skin was shattered in one second. Getting close to the enemy with Rhino Charge = Death. Casting Fist = No damage, only knockdown. Ulti = 100 Energy for Wannabe-Bastille.

So yes... Tier List is strongly influenced by these missions... but that's the only way to tell if Frame is really good in every "extreme" situation. Because if you can faceroll Tier III Extermination solo or get to the Defense Wave 60 easly... then you can do anything else.

Yes, I think that every Frame deserve a spot in High Wave Defense Mission or Void Tower Mission. Right now you can't really do this content with Useless, Low and half of the Mid tier... not if you don't have Potato'd HEK or something.

I think it pretty much resumes to usefulness. 

After going through all of them, I really think some frames require some tweaks to make them more unique in comparison to others.

--------------------

-First stop is fixing game breaking abilities, like slightly increasing ancients ranged attack to counter Vauban's infinite Bastille vs Infested (when with max stretch & trinity support);

-Second is making the abilities more useful. This can be done simply by adjusting energy or power, or by giving them a new use (eg. Mag's shield polarize reduced cost and increased amount; Excalibur's Super Jump to go higher or stun upon falling);

-Third is increasing the pool of abilities. Adding a 5th ability to each frame will further increase their uniqueness (as long as they are different from frame to frame).

-------------------

Ps. I think Loki should be considered high-tier. Farming is quite a big deal in this game, and Loki's high speed and invisibility duration allow for effective resource/bp farm (beside the usefulness of the other abilities).  Excalibur's abilities are also more effective situation-wide than most frames, even in t3 voids.

give ash bout 2 sec longer on smoke bomb and move him up at high tier o and increase his normal swing dmg during smoke to 75% and charge to 125% and buff blade storm by allowing it to stab more enemy then currently bout 10 more then what is atm

banshee increase either duration or overall dmg per pulse by 50 dmg on maxed lv (pretty useless vs grineer due to armor)

I would link this article of Sirlin's in the OP, so people actually know what the different tiers mean [i assume the OP is using Sirlin's article, or at least is using similar definitions].

There should never be a character in the "God Tier", as I understand it.

Personally I would put Ember in the High Tier for her devastating WoF (20000 fully modded was the statistic I heard a couple days ago) and 90% damage immunity. Granted, you need to stay near to enemies for WoF to do full damage, but that's not exactly hard if you pop her damage resist just before her ultimate.

I'd also like to know why people think Mag isn't in the "Useless" tier? Her sole CC skill is single-target, Shield Polarize is hopelessly underpowered, and frankly if you need Bullet Attractor to hit enemies you should give up at first person shooters altogether. her ultimate is just... OK.

• Buff Pull so that if Mag is in the air she pulls herself to the target and knocks the target over.
  • Either give Shield Pol. a massive numbers buff, or rework it completely [i'd suggest making it completely remove enemy shields and then prevent the shields from recharging for a time, upgrading the skill increases the down time].
  • Make Bullet Attractor guarantee that bullets fired will hit enemy's weak spots. Then it's not actually a waste of energy

Edited by Notso

I don't have a Vaughban but I vote not to nerf him or any frame, really. Instead, I'd rather have the developers improve everyone else's abilities to make them more effective and fun to play.

I don't have a Mag but she can probably be improved by changing her Shield Polarize into an AoE effect. And does her Pull stun/immobilize enemies? If not it should.

Volt's Shock can be improved by making it seek a second and third target, dealing half the damage with each strike but maintaining the momentary stun which can be lengthened a second or two. His Speed ability can perhaps leave a trail of lightning that can stun/stumble enemies that walk into its path.

Rhino's Iron Skin should have its full invulnerability restored but be moved to the #4 slot and cost 100 energy to cast, treating it like the ultimate it is. To further limit abuse, they should make it last max 10 sec and unable to be affected by Continuity. This way Rhino can still have his panic button and tank everything but they don't have an everlasting God mode that's too cheap to cast. Rhino Stomp, a more team-oriented skill, can perhaps then move to the #2 slot and cost only 50 energy, this will allow us to use it more instead of spamming IS.

Bullet attractor sounds great but can actually reduce the DPS of a competent team as it doesn't direct the bullets against the enemy weakpoint. 

Suggestions:

Bullet attractor should be configured to draw bullets to the enemies weakest point. If Sonar is active, the orange section should become the weakest point. 

Shield Polarise should drain shields from enemies AND prevent their regeneration for some duration. Shields given to friendly or cryopod should be greatly boosted, perhaps 1000 at maximum.

I think this is the perfect opportunity for DE to increase synergies. This is precisely the problem I have when running bosses as Banshee with a Mag.

This appears to be more a usefulness in endless defense than anything else. Some of those mid tier warframes are some of the best boss farmers in the game, and while I will agree Mag needs some love, she is far from useless.

Agreed. If we're talking opinions... As the saying goes "Your mileage may vary."

Just to add to the discussion. In my opinion it's all about what you put into it. IE; The time necessary to find the right balance to overcome what seem to be limitations in each frame, and find the balance. Even less of an issue if you like the frame enough to slap a catalyst on it, lvl up to 30 and throw forma at it. For instance  just got Rhino and I enjoy the challenge keeping him alive and covering the rest of the squad.

And as for Ash being "nearly Low Tier"? Maybe if you're doing Xini with 3 Pug Excaliburs.  Again, with the right mod/Artifact/squad combos  I think he's a champ. I run through Kappa with my Clan and Bladestorm a mudhole in Grineer butt!

Calling this a subjective argument would be an understatement.

-ojd- Warlord: "Chi to Meiyo"

{Blood & Honor.}

Vauban: being godly in defense mission doesn't make him a god tier in everything.

Trinity: the Demi-God of Warframe, she deserved a higher tier.

Rhino/Mag: They suck and you should group them together.

If you think Rhino is as bad as Mag... Wait, just explain. How is he?

Also, Vauban is God-tier in everything. There is nothing in this game that cannot be easily solo'd using him.

Not all of us play this game just to get to the endgame to farm so I agree the title of this thread is a little misleading.

I have fun with both Trinity and Saryn.

Problems I have is that I don't even have Well of Life or Energy Vampire slotted, and I rarely get to use Contagion/Venom on Saryn because normal mobs die too fast.

My guess is that every frame is situational in most things. If Defense missions and Void missions are the endgame to this game then yes, a particular team make-up will eventually come out as best - but I don't think that will be the only team that will enter the missions and succeed.

only reason rhino is bad atm is his iron skin and his ult.  his charge need 4 or 5 meter more distance then what is now with either mor dmg by a small amount or wider effect on his side during the charge and after that poof his on high tier

Vauban: being godly in defense mission doesn't make him a god tier in everything.

Yes it does, if you can deal with LvL 80 Wave then you can deal with everything that DE will throw at you. Void is a cakewalk for him. Any kind of mission is a cakewalk for him. 3 extremely useful skills and one fun/troll skill is enough to put him on the Throne.

Trinity is good only because of her Energy Vampire. Health-Based healing in this game is not that great (you either get Shield Damage or you're one-hited). Shield Vampire on the other hand... that would be something amazing to see.

We've been struggling with Trinity and Loki. These two frames were very close to the High Tier. Let's say they're Top-Mid Tier.

Edited by Sideway

I agree with the tiers you made except for 1 frame: Excalibur, he should be in the high tier.

He can melt anything anywhere, he is only lacking in high end defenses... and only after wave 20-25+

Cali it's a beast.

Beside this i defenetly agree with the frames in extremely need of a rework: Mag & Rhino (Volt too, but last imho, other 2 need it more)

My reworks would be:

Mag:

Pull - Now it's "little aoe" the more you upgrade this skill the more targets you can pull in 1 Pull if they are clustered

Shield Polarize - Must work in % of shields restored/drained (50-50-70-90%) increased by focus, must be AoE

Bullet attractor - I dont have ideas about it honestly... may the bubble stay even if target is dead? dunno...

Crush - Now ignores armor, easy as that.

Rhino:

Charge - Increased range to match Slash Dash, increased by focus & continuity

Iron Skin - Full of threads about it... i'll leave it to you guys... increased by focus & continuity

Radial Blast - Now incorporate Rhino Stomp effect too, ignore armor, dmg: 500-500-700-900, increased by focus & stretch

Rhino Rage - Increase in all offensive stats: Speed/attack speed (50-50-70-90%), Overall Damage (10-10-15-25%), Critical meele base chance (20-20-35-50%), Critical meele damage (50-50-70-90%), immune to CC, duration 8-8-10-12 sec, increased by continuity

Volt:

Shock - increased dmg, bounce for 1 extra target per rank up to 4

Speed - Also increases meele attack rate

Shield - Increase its area each level

Overload - Fine as it is?

Edited by Phoenix86

You posted pure crap, very wrong , i laugh :D...

Thank you for your constructive feedback ;)

It's not "my" list, many people voted. I'd say many of them know almost everything about this game. So it was kinda easy to plan this Tier List. In the end only Trinity, Excalibur, Loki and Banshee caused us some allocation problems. Banshee somehow made it to the High Tier (Sonar and WUBWUB are good, Sonic Boom can push and that's always useful).

Edited by Sideway

This is somewhat accurate, though like many before me has mentioned, this is mainly in defense where you have to protect something and kill at the same time.

The list also seems to only consider more of a solo aspect.

I own and played all frames except Vauban.

Thank you for your constructive feedback ;)

It's not "my" list, many people voted. I'd say many of them know almost everything about this game. So it was kinda easy to plan this Tier List. In the end only Trinity, Excalibur, Loki and Banshee caused us some allocation problems. Banshee somehow made it to the High Tier (Sonar and WUBWUB are good, Sonic Boom can push and that's always useful).

No offense, but we have nothing but your word on this. Maybe if we could get a list of everyone who did vote on it, people would be less inclined to just dismiss (or troll) the thread.

I have to agree with most of this list (as far as defense goes, which makes sense seeing as how it's the only thing in the game with any real difficulty)

When I first started out trying every frame I naturally gravitated towards Nyx/Frost/Saryn/Banshee (Banshee and Nyx were my mains pre-reset)

They are the most fun to play because you really feel like you're contributing something when you use them.

Once Vauban came out I started playing him a lot, and last night (after just having gotten him again after resetting), I hopped into a random defense mission with my clan on Narcissus. Two frosts and myself got to wave 30 (I expected it to be a typical wave 10 and ditch run so I took an underlevelled frame) without anything close to a threat, and I was only rank 14. We left because we were bored.

My main tweak would be that, as far as controlling the battlefield goes, I'd say Nyx and Vauban are on the same level. Chaos and Mind control are just so good. Mind control a heavy on one side, and chaos the other, and you're safe to do whatever you want until they wear-off-> Don't nerf please =x

Frost probably belongs right where he's at. I was thinking he seems like a really niche frame until you remember he's got his big AOE+stun ult combined with his infinite snowglobe. He's bringing as much to the table as anyone else on the top tier.

Saryn is fairly beefy, with a very high damage ult, and the still decent molt. 

Banshee has that sound quake. Too stronk. And I for one love sonic boom too. It's just a nice, low-cost utility skill. Nothing wrong with that. Sonar has it's uses too. At the highest waves of defense it's almost mandatory if you want to kill anything.

I haven't played Trinity since I reset, but I heard from one person (so I'm not sure how accurate it is) that the casting duration on link was increased or something of that sort making it more difficult to maintain the perma-link. If that's true then she probably belongs where she's at.

-If not, then she can be very complementary to a lot of other frames, and be the main damage dealer on high level defense waves. I'd say she would deserve top tier.

Ash doesn't contribute anything significant to defense so I would say low tier fits. His ulti is outclassed by pretty much every damaging one. his stealth is worse than Loki. His shuriken is.. well it's decent compared to most first skills but still doesn't contribute anything. Teleport is completely unnecessary if you're positioning the way you're supposed to. Low tier makes sense to be honest.

Loki is okay. Invisibility and decoy can come in handy. Radial disarm can complement certain frames in certain situations (radial disarm corpus or grineer+ Bastille for instance) . Mid tier is good.

Volt is just outclassed in someway for each of his (useful) skills. Doing no damage to ancients doesn't help his case. Only niche is low level corpus defense

Excal is pretty much designed to be mid tier

Rhino...poor rhino

Mag is the one frame I haven't actually played, because none of her skills seemed to do anything very useful

I think that's everyone. If not oh well, I'm hungry and the dining center's about to close for lunch. No time to proofread either, so sorry in advance for the terrible grammar.

And as I said, I think these are fair tiers for defense. Taking other things into consideration would certainly change the list up, but it's unnecessary since almost all non-defense content is capped at a fairly low difficulty and can be managed by any frame.

It seems a good utility skill complemented by a strong ult (or just very strong crowd control) is what makes the high tiers what they are. Lower-tiers may have a niche. Lowest ranks are just outclassed by others. 

This is somewhat accurate, though like many before me has mentioned, this is mainly in defense where you have to protect something and kill at the same time.

The list also seems to only consider more of a solo aspect.

I own and played all frames except Vauban.

Endless Defence is basically the hardest mode in the game at the moment. Take any one of these 'frames out of defence and put it into another mode and it'll only perform better. 

Why is saryn on high tier? isn't her molt the same useless as rhino's rhino skin? what about contagion timer? let's not talk about venom...

Venom should have base damage increased to 20 when the skill is on rank 3(max) without focus, molt should have timer extended to 20 sec and it should REFLECT my hp and shield, contagion extended to 30 sec or energy consumption reduced to 25 because right now you can do a few hits and that's all.. damage increase is good but the energy cost is too high for such a short buff.. what's the point of all saryn's skills if she has miasma? i'm not telling that you should nerf miasma.. it is good as it is, buff the others as they are pointless for the energy they consume

Please move saryn DOWN to low tier.

Banshee is in better situation than saryn but still not great as the only bad skill is silence and a bit sound quake.

Silence should blind the enemies completly for 3 secs unranked, 5 secs rank 1, 7 secs rank 2, 9 secs rank 3, the energy cost of silence should be increased to 50

Sound quake's damage is fine but it should have 50% armor ignore

I don't have rhino but.. from what i've seen to my mates.. that iron skin should absorb 2000 damage on rank 3, and focus should increase it even further

Why is saryn on high tier? isn't her molt the same useless as rhino's rhino skin? what about contagion timer? let's not talk about venom...

Venom should have base damage increased to 20 when the skill is on rank 3(max) without focus, molt should have timer extended to 20 sec and it should REFLECT my hp and shield, contagion extended to 30 sec or energy consumption reduced to 25 because right now you can do a few hits and that's all.. damage increase is good but the energy cost is too high for such a short buff.. what's the point of all saryn's skills if she has miasma? i'm not telling that you should nerf miasma.. it is good as it is, buff the others as they are pointless for the energy they consume

Please move saryn DOWN to low tier.

Miasma. Miasma Miasma Miasma.

Saryn cannot possible be low tier. Miasma is just too good.