Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Official Warframe Tier List

Sideway

Frost's Snow Globe is indeed powerful in one particular situation, but I wouldn't say it makes him godlike. I have both Frost Prime and Vauban. Never once did I do a defense mission as Frost where I felt I couldn't have gotten quite as far if I had chosen Vauban instead. Frost's Snow Globe prevents enemies from shooting the pod, while Vauban's Bastille prevents enemies from doing anything at all. The difference is Frost can basically just sit on his &#! picking his nose so long as he remembers to press 3 every now and then, while Vauban has to actively toss out Bastille's and keep track of how long each one has been active. But in skilled hands, Vauban is a little better, especially since Railgun Moa's can shoot through Snow Globe anyway. However, Vauban is also good in every other situation while Frost only has one particular role he can play. So, Frost's abilities need some reworking, and Snow Globe certainly does not need a nerf.

Fixing Saryn's Contagion really wouldn't be doing much to buff her. She can already instakill any enemy up to around level 60ish, and kill whole rooms of enemies no matter how high their levels are with Venom. All fixing Contagion would do is change her green glowstick of destiny ability from a gimmick, to a workable gimmick. Unless Contagion gets hugely overbuffed, it simply won't ever be practical to use it over Venom or Miasma except maybe vs a boss.

I know, I just picked Frost's snow globe and contagion as an example, to explain my point that individual rating of abilities when added up to rate the frame can be quite meaningless, due to discrepancies among abilities and performances of frames in different situations. In other words, saying frost is tier XYZ means nothing, you gotta mention that he is crap in most of the game types, but completely mandatory in defense against grineer/corpus beyond a certain point. Some may value defense games a lot, while some may rarely play them, you cannot make one single rating for everyone.

Why are people keeping this thread alive.

It's 2 months old, the OP even made a new thread for further updates.

Someone make a new thread if you think tiers are still relevant- hopefully one that's more accurate. Posting any further in this is just going to bring people back to the outdated OP; let this one die.

Mag in demigod tier ? hmmm.. maybe I am missing something...

She has some surprising synergism when used right.

- Miter + Bullet Attractor can net 2-3 hit per shot 4 if you have Double-shots.

- Obviously Radial Jav + Attractor is a given

- Pull can easially clump very large groups together for an Ogris/Torid blast

- Shield Polarize can turn Osprey's into mobile bombs as enemies who are reduced also deal AE damage

- Crush is still one of THE strongest non-Bastile CC abilities in the game. I frankly think it should ignore armor as it is CRUSHING THEIR BONES.

Someone make a new thread if you think tiers are still relevant- hopefully one that's more accurate. Posting any further in this is just going to bring people back to the outdated OP; let this one die.

Perhaps a link would be in order? I have this one popping up on "recently updated" and that's why I keep posting in it.

I know, I just picked Frost's snow globe and contagion as an example, to explain my point that individual rating of abilities when added up to rate the frame can be quite meaningless, due to discrepancies among abilities and performances of frames in different situations. In other words, saying frost is tier XYZ means nothing, you gotta mention that he is crap in most of the game types, but completely mandatory in defense against grineer/corpus beyond a certain point. Some may value defense games a lot, while some may rarely play them, you cannot make one single rating for everyone.

The tier list I made was based on flexibility. How good is this frame in most situations? However I now feel that some of my placements in it are inaccurate. Still, Frost is only high tier on a tier list made by someone who overvalues defense missions in terms of tiering frames. Yes, Frost is practically mandatory in higher waves of defense missions, but given that the overwhelming majority of the community doesn't bother doing high level defense missions past wave 15 anyway, I think it is kind of silly to claim Frost is god tier simply because of his use in said situations. Especially since a defense mission at wave 15 offers pretty much the exact same rewards as a defense mission at wave 80, for far less work. Yes, the Warframes could be tiered completely differently in defense missions compared to how they are tiered outside of them, but such a specialized tier list doesn't really show how well balanced the frames are as a whole.

His other thread listed Nova as low tier, so its safe to say that none of his tier lists are even remotely accurate. The only reason I didn't bother making a new thread myself is that I assumed it would be merged into this thread anyway.

• 1 month later...

i think this list has a major falt.

are the war frames here modded ?
cos i play volt against all fractions and overload kills them all up to lv 70 with out mods most of them are as they are in the list, but leveled and modded right thay are all high tier the rest comes down to starting stars for armor health and power (if you use them)

cos i play volt against all fractions and overload kills them all up to lv 70 with out mods most of them are as they are in the list, but leveled and modded right thay are all high tier the rest comes down to starting stars for armor health and power (if you use them)

Why did you revive this?

I usually don't find Volt useful for fractions. Volt is more of a physical force, and not a force for computing power, so he usually leaves the fractions up to Vauban, who can convert them in his head to decimals which he finds easier to work with.

---

The problem with Volt is that Overload has a very long duration with the casting animation lasting longer than the damage, which leaves him very vulnerable to being killed during the casting. The fact that its damage is reduced by armor, making Overload much less useful against Grineer and especially Ancients, is just adding insult to injury. Yes, Volt can be used against high level enemies, but not as well as other frames like Rhino can.

---

Why did you revive this topic anyway? It wasn't relevant even back when it was made because its so inaccurate. With all the updates since then its even less relevant now.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Tier List

God:  Nyx, Trinity, Nova

A tier (above average): Volt (if you have synapse shreds EVERYTHING, have personally tested) Vauban, Rhino

B Tier (average):  Saryn Nekros (with the right mods could potentially be A-tier for tanking) Excalibur (recently I have figured out a way to make excalibur really strong, so that might bump him to A...) Ember Banshee Ash

C Tier (Below average): Loki, Mag, Snowglo-I mean Frost, (these frames are so rarely used / niche used)

Edit: Also, first post on this forum C=

Edited by DeathofaStar