Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FrellingHazmot's Art Dump: Corpra Mag 2.0 updated in the Steam Workshop!

On 8/4/2017 at 5:44 PM, FrellingHazmot said:

El progreso.

Worked on legs and feet since forever. Have to work on the top part of the back yet.

fiqzs9f.png

I agree with what lukinu_u (reminds me of Tron lol) and alexmach1 said. Along with that have you considered putting tiny strips of energy along the spine and separating the back of the legs into smaller parts. (I don't have all my art programs downloaded yet to show you what I mean and I'm not doing it with Paint :/) Sorry I know that's kinda unclear just a suggestion.

Also, will you do the vanilla frames first and then move on to the others or is it just whatever?

Maybe a little bit of detail on the back of the legs, but not too much. Corpus designs, where there is plating at least, tend to be smooth, hard lines or minimalist organic shapes. Don't want to clutter that part up too much. Maybe a couple "decals" tied to the same color as the gold detailing?

this looks rly great so dont misunderstand my comment, it IS very nice. but if i were to note something that i would change it would be the big vertical energy part of the helm, the tip to be precise. the shapes on this skin are round for the most part (shoulders, back, sides and back of the head, knees, feet..) so i think it shouldnt be too straight. at least in my eyes. maybe try folding the tip of the "horn" back to make it stand out a bit less. the energy part itself is fine in my opinion, its just the tip above it.

another thing that i noticed is that the crotch armor or leather part, whichever material its supposed to be, the part covering his very most important manhood...to me it looks a bit like a diaper. putting a horizontal energy part like on the chest there to connet the round energy areas with the metal around them would maybe look better.

i took the freedom of editing ur picture a bit real quick to show u exactly what i mean, maybe u agree.

TWsSb8R.jpg

do you plan on giving the energy some kind of streaming effect ? i think it would enhance at least the chest and "horn" energy by lots if it was not just plainly glowing.

Greetings

Edited by Xydeth

3 hours ago, Xydeth said:

this looks rly great so dont misunderstand my comment, it IS very nice. but if i were to note something that i would change it would be the big vertical energy part of the helm, the tip to be precise. the shapes on this skin are round for the most part (shoulders, back, sides and back of the head, knees, feet..) so i think it shouldnt be too straight. at least in my eyes. maybe try folding the tip of the "horn" back to make it stand out a bit less. the energy part itself is fine in my opinion, its just the tip above it.

another thing that i noticed is that the crotch armor or leather part, whichever material its supposed to be, the part covering his very most important manhood...to me it looks a bit like a diaper. putting a horizontal energy part like on the chest there to connet the round energy areas with the metal around them would maybe look better.

i took the freedom of editing ur picture a bit real quick to show u exactly what i mean, maybe u agree.

[snip]

do you plan on giving the energy some kind of streaming effect ? i think it would enhance at least the chest and "horn" energy by lots if it was not just plainly glowing.

Greetings

I like the changes, "belt buckle" makes the crotch-patch look like less of a codpiece, and the helmet angle looks okay. I do kind of like how prominent it was in the author's concept though.

As for energy, I disagree. The corpus energy tends to be static and constantly glowing, no pulsing or 'flowing', which seems to be much more of a 'tenno' thing. Yeah, warframes are a tenno thing, but this is a Corpus style skin, and you don't want to sacrifice too much of the Corpus aesthetic to that.

5 hours ago, FlecktarnWolf said:

I like the changes, "belt buckle" makes the crotch-patch look like less of a codpiece, and the helmet angle looks okay. I do kind of like how prominent it was in the author's concept though.

As for energy, I disagree. The corpus energy tends to be static and constantly glowing, no pulsing or 'flowing', which seems to be much more of a 'tenno' thing. Yeah, warframes are a tenno thing, but this is a Corpus style skin, and you don't want to sacrifice too much of the Corpus aesthetic to that.

yes, corpus energy is static, but then we`re tenno, we have the corpus designs even the corpus would be jelly about :D

7 hours ago, Xydeth said:

yes, corpus energy is static, but then we`re tenno, we have the corpus designs even the corpus would be jelly about :D

Right, but, there's the hazy part. This is tenno tech copying Corpus tech... If I'm going to spend money making my Tenno look Corpus, I want them to look Corpus not Tenno. If I wanted them to look Tenno, I wouldn't spend the money at all. :P

17 hours ago, Xydeth said:

TWsSb8R.jpg

Greetings

Dude what you fix there is cool but are you going to fix his circle back us we share the example??

On 17.8.2017 at 10:49 PM, Vlada91 said:

is this photoshop or you did this? and yea its beter this way then a empty back

oywKDJy.png

have u seen my post ? i did not post nor do this backside one, i only edited the picture i have in my post (horn and belt edit) and that was photoshop. cant tell you about this backside picture but i bet its photoshop too.

i wonder how u think i did this one....the person who posted it was not me ? o.O

On 17/08/2017 at 10:49 PM, Vlada91 said:

is this photoshop or you did this? and yea its beter this way then a empty back

oywKDJy.png

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

i wonder how u think i did this one....the person who posted it was not me ? o.O

I'm the person who posted and yes, it's photoshop. Simply a suggestion on how I imagine the design.

Can't wait to see the futur progress of this skin. Considering how Corpus stuff is generally boxy, trying Corpus technology on a warframe body is really audacious and it's impresively well done.
It's sad that we will have to wait Round 11 for non-halloween content :c

Good to see that this skin is still in the works. It's been a while since you posted your WIP on Reddit, so I decided to go searching to make sure it hadn't faded into non-existence. I fully support this idea and wait eagerly to see what becomes of this! I can only hope I'll have the money to buy this skin if/when DE accepts it into the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 5:40 AM, Vlada91 said:

Yea dude show us majestic look 😁👌

On 9/3/2017 at 5:26 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:

Got any progress to show now?

On 8/23/2017 at 10:37 PM, LUBrickon said:

Good to see that this skin is still in the works. It's been a while since you posted your WIP on Reddit, so I decided to go searching to make sure it hadn't faded into non-existence. I fully support this idea and wait eagerly to see what becomes of this! I can only hope I'll have the money to buy this skin if/when DE accepts it into the game. 

On 8/18/2017 at 7:30 PM, Vlada91 said:

Yes and i agree with your desain....and you can see that we wish you all the best. :thumbup::satisfied:

Thanks guys! Sorry for keeping you all hanging! I ran into a wee snag with the armor design but I think it looks pretty good now from all the feedback I've gotten. I want this to mean something so I won't be posting up anymore WIP for this corpus design and leave you guys with a big reveal for Round 11 instead. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work insofar, FrellingHazmot - This looks like it would work brilliantly with the new Arca gear.
Also because there are virtually no frames that go nicely with the Arca Armor, too. Keep up the good work, Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us in Tennogen Round 11!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 3:55 PM, Shad0wWatcher said:

Hey are you aware that the placement of your Teplo syandana was changed? It's further away from the back now. Like...hanging by thread.

Which frame is it doing it on? It looks weird on some animation stances and fine on others depending on what WF you're using. The angle of it looks a bit too high up if that's what you mean.

On 9/17/2017 at 12:57 PM, InfiniumV said:

Awesome work insofar, FrellingHazmot - This looks like it would work brilliantly with the new Arca gear.
Also because there are virtually no frames that go nicely with the Arca Armor, too. Keep up the good work, Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us in Tennogen Round 11!

I can't wait either! Almost done with the high poly sculpt! It's like maybe 80% corpus? :P

24 minutes ago, FrellingHazmot said:

Which frame is it doing it on? It looks weird on some animation stances and fine on others depending on what WF you're using. The angle of it looks a bit too high up if that's what you mean.

It's with every frame that's basically around Excalibur's size, including some female frames such as Nyx. And it appears to be very obvious on noble animation stances. I made a thread about it a while back, seems other players noticed it as well.

Also on a side note about your current progressing skin...i'm diggin that firm Excal booty broseph...top marks for that :thumbup::thumbup:

Oh my lord, can't wait to see what you have in store for us hazmat! :satisfied:

Quick question; if you are going to be creating a line of Corpus skins, the counterpart of Graxx, any ideas on a name? Possibly Modum, or maybe Feliciatem, for starters. 

I don't know, keep up the good work! Numerous others and I are more then eager to see more of your work, best of luck to you! :highfive:

2 hours ago, FrellingHazmot said:

I can't wait either! Almost done with the high poly sculpt! It's like maybe 80% corpus? :P

Well, DE altered a lot of syandanas on Excal, I guess to try to make sure the spine could be seen. Anyway, it doesn't look as good now on him since they pushed it back on Excal such that it's no longer flush with the back. They did that for the Teplo syandana as well as some of their own syandanas like the Laddak cloak.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n