Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silva and Aegis : The worst treated weapon in Warframe?

oceano4

So, I think it's to no surprise to no one, that the community (and most likely its creator SilverBones too) is severely disappointed in how DE have treated the player created weapon that was hyped by many.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/43px2b/de_the_silva_and_aegis_needs_a_buff_badly/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4iy2fr/buff_the_silva_and_aegis/

And a Syndicate mod that increased damage on (the painfully slow) charge attacks like DE mentioned few Devstreams back, is no good reason to use it, when the Ack and Brun outclasses it in every way possible. 

Look, I even whipped something up in Paint in 10 minute just to drive the point home.

tumblr_o9e1gpoRob1v0y8n5o1_1280.png

So, the Ack and Brunt compared to the Silva and Aegis

• Is objectively better, 
  1. >Higher damage.
  2. >Crit Viable.
  3. >Lower speed and status is offset by the fact it can use Berserker.
  • Has 5 skins (Default, and 4 more in game, one seasonal). 
  • A weapons exclusive mod, offering another playstyle with it. 

And the Silva and Aegis has over the Ack and Brunt

• 12 hour build time vs 24.
  • A skin that was on one platform, and isn't available anymore. 

DE, I implore you, for the love of Lotus, 

PLEASE have a second look at the Silva and Aegis, it is a fancy Skana with a big crafting cost, and an underwhelming Syndicate mod isn't going to change anything. 

Edited by oceano4

S&A is certainly the underdog here, I would love to see more sttention paid to it.

Shields themselves could use a little bit of a buff too, while I would love a 100% damage reduction (which of course would only be aplicable to this weapon type in particular, and would make sense) but I can see people considering that too strong, I just think it could be a little bit higher than 83% at least.

At least Blade and Shield has a good weapon in it's category, unlike the unloved and forgotten machetes.

It's sad that the Silva and Aegis is literally objectively the worse choice. I love how it looks and I would really like it to be more viable at late game.

The only way I can consciously choose to use it is with my generic status CC blast/electric build that I throw onto anything like it. It suffers from having poor damage, at that point, though, and it ends up being the better choice to just take the Ack and Brunt to actually kill the enemy, and everything nearby, than take the Silva and Aegis to CC a few of them and maybe kill one of them in the same time.

Some might call that power creep, but I call it the Silva and Aegis being a weapon with poor stats.

During 2 years this forum has called for an improvement Silva & Aegis. DE has systematically ignored all requests. The conclusion is that simply want to leave this weapon as is.

My personal opinion is that this weapon is so extremely beautiful that make it viable for 'endgame' become almost irrelevant other melee weapons.

• Like 1

Been using this weapon for a while because I like things DE doesn't like apparently.  If i'm not using this, its a lascera.

The stats are underwhelming, and the Ack is pretty much better all around, especially since they share the same hidden strength: Final Harbinger.

11th storm is a pretty lousy stance.  No great/noteable attacks, slow speed. FH is super fast attacking, highly mobile, and has some hidden 'quirks' that sometimes pull the weapon type ahead of most other types because of certain occasional combo quirks.

I build S&A as a status heat+corrosive and it shreds and status's crowds pretty well. Not as well as an orthos or a million other weapons, but with FH, you can really get some performance out of sword+shields.

Anyway, S&A needs a damned buff.  I'm trying not to get negative, but DE and balance passes...well.....lets remember the RJ buff time, or launch gammacor+synoid.....yeah.  I lost faith in these guys a while ago in this area.  I came back hoping to be proven wrong in this area.

It needs much more status and a little more damage, or higher attack speed and just a little crit to warrant throwing a chancy berserker on.  Just something to tip it a bit further.  FH the stance is incredible, one of the best stances in the game, but the weapon shouldn't get held back.

And why the hell can't the original weapon of its own category get a unique mod?!

• Like 1

This weapon is beautiful and I love it. I use it on every frame that uses melee weapons for its skills (valkyr. atlas heres lookin at you) I just wish it's damage when actually using it wasn't a terrible typing, and rubbish damage.

It does need a heavy buff damage wise, but for the love of all that is holy don't make this another status weapon. We all know how those are treated.. with the ignis ignored by many, the twin basolks worse than a joke, all the infested things... well.. the only one ive ever seen used is the lesion, and even then not often at all. 

If you aren't going to buff it's damage, at least give it a unique mod that gives it a guaranteed blast proc or something fun. 

Twin basolks are terrible, they're meant to be channeling weapons without channeling buffs.  So much materials for so little (akjagaras, what other weapons?)

The Ignis can replace nyx. It can shred armor faster than plenty of warframes. Damage is not its thing but it status's pretty heavy.  It can be a serious weapon when modded right.

The part where I agree and won't shut up about is the buff for S&A. Why do we have psychokiller weapons like dragon nikana and then.....silva and aegis?  Sure sword and shield can sometimes instakill or launch a small mob of mobs away at 300m/sec, but that's the stance, not the weapon....I think.

Buff atk speed and status I say.  Status weapons have a place and good use.

I agree.  I think some sort of built in ability that boosts damage might help.  Like increased damage or critical damage on burning targets. 

Alternatively just give it more flat damage. 

Maybe both.  It's my favorite weapon that I hate to use.  :c

Silva & What ? This weapon doesn't exist in my eyes in its current form.

Here is a good full elemental dmg weapon: Lacera
Here is a bad full elemental dmg weapon: Silva & Aegis

Like a lot of people I was hyped by this weapon when it was out,  I builded it in any ways possible to try to make it useless passing a certain level of enemies, but it's impossible.
I feel like passing level 20, this weapon only cuddle enemies instead of hurting them.  in its current state it has only the look for itself nothing else,

Sure I thanks DE for making this weapon like any other weapon in the game, it's always welcomed and visually you can't say they didn't worked on it, but yeah, it still need some work on the stats,

39 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

all the infested things... well.. the only one ive ever seen used is the lesion, and even then not often at all. 

Dual Toxicyst are really strong secondaries if you can aim correctly,
Mios is a strong melee weapon is you know how to build it.

Phage is still pretty strong after few forma.

I agree that most of the infested weapons need some love aswell (aka Quanta Mutalist, Paracyst, Synapse, Tysis, Mire, Acrid) but that's another topic.

Edited by Cyberhazard

Let's add to the list the Sicarus Prime. Terrible, terrible weapon, with great looks and an incredibly cool reload animation.

And yeah, the Silva&Aegis really is in a pretty damn bad spot. You know the funniest thing? I would use it if only they reverted the bugfix that fixed the bug where Aegis would open up as if you had the weapon equipped when using Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Because right know that thing is basically only good for looks, and despite its looks being really reat, at some point you have to kill stuff and not just be fashionable .-.

11 hours ago, Talfrey said:

I agree.  I think some sort of built in ability that boosts damage might help.  Like increased damage or critical damage on burning targets. 

Alternatively just give it more flat damage. 

Maybe both.  It's my favorite weapon that I hate to use.  :c

Oh this is such a nice suggestion, the increased damage on burning targets <3

1 hour ago, Danjal777 said:

I like to use it with my melee ember build, it's not the best weapon I. The universe, but accelerant really helps with an all heat build.

Ember is my favorite melee frame also.  The 6x minimum damage increase to enemies goes pretty far. I've found that going heat + corrosive with status works best though, because the more armor you strip with corrosive procs, the more that heat will do, and we know how heat damage scaling 6x can actually hurt. Combine that with corrosive projection and things are much better off than anyone ever says.

1 hour ago, TheBulitt said:

Give it a syndicate augment and a lot of people will be satisified I think

I think the problem with that is that it's even more limited then by being forced to use an extra mod slot for a weapon that already has low damage and effectiveness. It's like adding a weapon augment to the sicarus. Terrible gun in every way, and if you gave it a syndicate mod to say.. double its damage. it's still worse than pretty much every secondary out there

...the 20% status chance is good enough for me. Removes armor much faster. Though, with me finding out about fist weapons and their easy counterattack finishers...

Edited by jjpdn