The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Vault Feedback

Multicom-EN-

1 hour ago, ALAD.V_PRIME said:

why does mag prime's prime vault does not have all the accessories from nyx prime's prime access     but frost prime's prime vault have all the accessories from ember prime's prime access        I have many friends complain about that      they said it's just like cheat on us                  u really should put all the accessories from nyx prime's prime access in mag p's prime vault pack

it's not a cheat but it is something players want and are willing to pay for which = profit for DE so it is extremely odd they don't put it in.

I'm not here to start another "vote with your wallet" argument here. Just hear me out for a bit.

For starters, it's a well known fact that since Nyx Prime Access ended, the community (for the most part) has been crazy about the return of Targis Prime. And who wouldn't be? It's hands down one of the sexiest looking cosmetic armor sets in the game. The community craze over a single cosmetic is noteworthy. It's an important detail here that I'll get back to later.

When Frost Prime was un-Vaulted, a lot of people were overjoyed for the chance to get him and avoid the middle man that is Trade chat. However, the biggest problem was that the only way to get the Misa Prime syandana was by forking over $60 to repurchase Frost Prime and his weapons, with a bit of Plat and a Prime Extractor thrown in for good measure. 

The devs took note of the criticism about the Vault Pack, with [DE]Drew stating that they'd be listening to feedback for "next time".

Allow me to reiterate what [DE]Drew has stated.

"We can't make any changes to this pack (it had to be organised well in advance), but we're listening to feedback for next time. If changes make sense, we'll make them."

Judging by how DE has done the EXACT same thing with Mag's Vault Pack, it's almost clear that no planning of any kind was made. It seems kind of a joke to think that in the 

6 MONTHS they had to make another Pack for the next Prime Vault un-sealing, they basically said, "Meh, people will buy Targis Prime for $60."

DE knows that we want Targis Prime, and they could EASILY make a killing by putting up an alternate choice for $20 to $30; such as Targis Prime along with a small amount of Plat and Boosters, kind of like a cheaper version of the Prime Access accessories pack. What makes no sense is that they're basically using the Targis Prime cosmetics to push through an overpriced pack that comes with outclassed weapons and Mag Prime. Even with Targis Prime thrown in, that IS NOT worth $60.

TL;DR

DE literally had 6 months to make a new Vault Pack and instead chose to do the exact same thing.

See, I don't think it's ungrateful to want nice things. I started around breeding grounds, targis wad long gone, pretty as it is. But I can't justify the price. The other items have value, yes. But bundling in one thing I want with a ton I dont, isn't going to make me fork over 4 hour's pay for something I will rarely see. Maybe they'll make a prisma targis, or have the pieces as sortie rewards, and I'll have the beauty then. But for now, nah. 

1 minute ago, Iceheart125 said:

See, I don't think it's ungrateful to want nice things. I started around breeding grounds, targis wad long gone, pretty as it is. But I can't justify the price. The other items have value, yes. But bundling in one thing I want with a ton I dont, isn't going to make me fork over 4 hour's pay for something I will rarely see. Maybe they'll make a prisma targis, or have the pieces as sortie rewards, and I'll have the beauty then. But for now, nah. 

Wait, breeding grounds was before Targis.

1 minute ago, oshunter124 said:

Wait, breeding grounds was before Targis.

Really? Huh. Must've missed out, not knowing what PA was yet. Still though, couldn't have bought it then as a 17 year old unemployed high school student.

and PA should be like all other plat or irl cash spending in warframe: pay to get now, not pay for the lowest price, ever. If everything I buy goes on sale years later, fine. I understand why people might be mad, but anger won't help. It'll either come again for a more reasonable cost, or I and some others just won't have it. Life goes on.

I don't see why DE wouldn't provide packages like do with regular prime stuff now.  Granted the package itself is kind of a steal.  If enough people request DE might change their minds.  I don't really have a pony in this race as I already have all of the things included in the package, but everyone should have a chance to get that armor set.  It's one if my favorites.  

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

7 hours ago, Letter13 said:

It's easier from a logistics standpoint to consolidate multiple items into as few overall packages as possible. Releasing 1 pack that covers all the bases is easier than releasing multiple packs that cover only a few.

Not only that, but the community has gone well past the point of being able to have everyone be happy; there will always be people complaining about something. If DE released multiple packs, I'm sure people would complain about how it's priced too high for "just cosmetics" or that there should be even more packs or a "mix and match" so they can get exactly what they want with nothing else.

It's become an impossibility to please everyone. And sometimes DE needs to prioritize certain things above others--sometimes necessary decisions are not decisions portions of the community will like.

Since it's not a point of "making everyone happy" let's just assume that DE tries to make the majority feel happy ( cause of ethics , profit , whatever...they are a company that needs money after all...) .
About the 86% of the players who voted in that "boycot" thread ( call it as you want, I honestly didn't see such a boycot as much as mere disappointment from the playerbase) wanted a separate accessories pack ( we are talking about 1200+ voting people ) and let's face it, it's not hard to make one.
Let's also remember that their policy about vault prime access does not allow any kind of discount for players who already have some of the items present in the pack itself....if not all of them apart from the cosmetic items....which is quite a big flaw in my opinion and it surely won't work as an incentive to sell more packs.
Lots of players already have mag prime  & / or  at least one of the weapons listed in the pack ; as the huge amount of ongoing threads states a large majority of the playerbase was waiting for this pack to come out only to get those accessories themselves while others were still expecting for separate packs in order not to get something they already possess or to get a discount.
Let's face it from a both ethical & marketing point of view : The more the devs make  players feel happy, the more said players will support the game / play it / publicize it by talking about it with their friends or on blogs , youtube channels , ecc...which provides nice incomes over time and more importantly, your community stays loyal to you and won't leave the game or talk about it negatively ; the less the devs care about what the highest % of their players want cause of...multiple reasons I'd say without being that willing to specify details, I'm sure anyone could imagine those anyway...the more their players will quit, feel unsatisfied , make negative publicity to the game , won't support the game anymore . 
Why ? Cause they feel ignored , betrayed , unlistened, used as mere tools.
Now I don't want to think that DE is at that point....but as well as the messages saying "thanks, good work" I'm starting to see lots...and lots of players complaining, I'd even say that it's now the majority of the playerbase who's starting to complain...whether it's the grind or anything else.
Warframe is a great game, it has lots of potential but the developers need to pay more attenction to it and to their players.
Greed and / or lazyness will only be negative towards receiving support from the players in the future...

7 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

But at least the boosters had some worth to them in the end. I'd be fine personally buying the Targis Armor if they were released with boosters again. I'm definitely not paying 10 dollars more it and for items I already have, and platinum that I can easily earn for just playing the game and trading.

When you bundle un-farmable items with gear you can easily earn or trade for, it just renders the community angered. It needs to be separate.

It's certainly not ungrateful to want nice things. I quite like nice things myself, which is why I plunked down fifty bucks for the Targis Prime set when I had the chance. If I hadn't, I'd be strongly considering plunking down sixty bucks to get it now. That's simply the price. What would be ungrateful would be for me to complain about getting a second chance to buy a limited-time item because I don't want to pay the price.

27 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I don't see why DE wouldn't provide packages like do with regular prime stuff now.  Granted the package itself is kind of a steal.  If enough people request DE might change their minds.  I don't really have a pony in this race as I already have all of the things included in the package, but everyone should have a chance to get that armor set.  It's one if my favorites.  

how are any of the packages "steal" anyway?

do people even math these days or they conveniently forget to when it suits them?

I must say that the Prime vault packages were always good:

we have 1200 plat = around 62 $ / euro alone.

Or consider this - for 50 $ /euro, you guys usually have 1050 plat + 2 weapons (which some do not have), now add to that 150 more plat, a frame (which some do not have), two icons (which some do not have) and PA exclusive armor (which many don't have) for another 10 $ / euro more and what do you get?

I'll tell you what do I see people get - uncalled for salt.

Remember PA =/= PV !!! Do not expect same prices and/or/for the same content !!!

This thread shows people are buying the packs...hence DE doesn't feel the need to change it. It's probably meeting their quota.

Also, it gives the armor a level of exclusivity that only those willing to pay the price(of vault) to support DE, will enjoy. It's like rewarding purchasers with the satisfaction of knowing that what they buy is truly only for a special few...and won't be back for a long time. The rarity increases the perceived value of pa armor. 

Maintaining that value is probably worth more to DE than the extra few sales they get from lowering the price.

The rest of you have a ton of other cheaper cosmetics to enjoy.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Happily purchased it.

Hate I missed out the last time it was up and feel like I got the better deal this time around. The armor plus Plat.

The rest of the stuff I already had and kinda wish DE had just given the components, mats, potatoes and slots for them instead.

All things being equal though, I'm a happy camper. 

4 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Then you'd have other people complaining that the drop rates are too low.

From my experience grinding for Frost Prime during his unvaulting, That's going to be a standard complaint regardless.

So AFTER all of that negative feedback in that unvault announcement DE just gives zero heks and expect that lots of poeple gonna waste 60 bucks for armor set?

Ahaahahaaha. NO.

Microtransaction-thats what gives f2p games most of it's income. The smaller the price the more likely player will spend his money on something, just take a look at mobile apps-those thing master microtransaction system, and cashgrab like insane.

So how much de LOSE by not making a bundle with armor set only+few boosters\little bit plat for 20-30$? ALOT. De should fire their marketings dudes.

Nope.

And not going to, either.

I have enough plat as it is, I have farmed Mag back in the day before she was vaulted, BoarP is gathering dust in the corner of my armory, Dakra lost the powercreep battle to Broken War... Plus, I abhor the idea of buying things that can be gained through gameplay - it's literally paying more to play less. 

Considering the above, spending 50+ bucks on a set of cosmetic armor is not something I would do willingly. 

Every single post in this thread has been a thrilling and interesting read with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it's definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to the prime vault debacle is highly subjective, and I don't believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone's opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on.

Spoiler

happy-lurking.gif

Can I suggest the idea that ALL the packages are very expensive? I occasionally buy prime access knowing this, because I love warframe and am happy to support the developers. 

This said, I couldnt possibly justify buying every pack I would like, as they are the same price as a new game entirely, or a great day out with my children. I think its great that others do, because it supports a game I love - however I personally would prefer cheaper prime accessory packs without the boosters included - compared to the normal prime access you really dont get much actual content, and much, much less platinum. 

They shoudve sell us a custom bundle, let us pick 3 items we want in that bundle, the price of the bundle stays the same...no matter what items we chose

The items we can choose:

-Mag prime

-Boar prime

-Dakra prime

-Mag p icon

-Booster affinity 90d

-Booster creds 90d

-Targis prime

-Platinum 1200

This is the best win-win solution i can offer to DE & us.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

Well I can agree that 60$ is kinda much but I guess that it's worth it... you get Mag Prime, Dakra Prime and Boar Prime + Tagris Armor + 1200Platinum + Mag Prime profile Icons (which aren't that important if you ask me :P )

You get all of this for 60$ and well I know that 60$ is like buying a brand new game at the moment or buying like 6 games on steam now that there is the Summer sale. But hey if you are bored of farming for Mag Prime, which trust me is really boring, then yeah buy it... I bought it only for the Tagris Armor because... Fashionframe XD

Also by the way this pack costs about 53,99€  which is kinda less than the normal value... about 24 cents cheaper XD

35 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

You are getting Prime Accessories and all the primes with slots and reactors plus plat for the original price of just the Accessories.

The entitlement is strong!

The deal itself if I didn't have those things i would've insta-bought this and at "Face value" is indeed good.  However given the age of those prime items.. and since someone like me has been around since CBT, I already have those things.  And therein lies the issue.  Would've loved to have the option of receiving the prime vault items as blueprints, and give them to younger players that are friends of mine and that would've also immediately land them a sale.  

So like many others, the dilemma is do we pay 60 USD for basically a few slots, the credit value of the mag/boar/dakra prime, 1200 plat, and the armor.  Still as I've cited earlier, there was quite the significant support for an accessories pack option, and we were told they'd look into this.  And here we are... no other option, let alone a comment regarding why there isn't one/the reasons behind it.

Also, Hello Silva~

Edited by CaliburxZero