The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option For Having Ground Finishers On Separate Key

Meenmu

As it stands, it is often unpredictable when melee'ing a grounded enemy, when you will and won't do the ground finisher. Having an option to have that on a separate key (much the same way that sprint/roll is on one key by default, but have separate options for binding to different keys in menu. Which, sidebar, is an amazing and long-awaited feature I was ecstatic upon discovering) would alleviate some of these issues.

When wanting to do a ground finisher one could simply press (or spam, as is often necessary) a separate key that they defined for it.

Users of weapons like the hate, which has the ability to charger attack enemies on the ground, may find such a feature helpful, as the aforementioned ability is often much quicker, much less immobilizing, more more predictable, and all around superior to the ground finisher (just awful).

Furthermore, when swinging a melee weapon around in a group of enemies where one just happens to be on the ground, you are less likely to accidentally trigger the often long, drawn out, vulnerable, sometimes inaccurate, sometimes needless (have it happen against already dead enemies way too often), and usually underwhelming ground finisher.

Now for those who like having it on the same key as melee, the options could be structured the same way as sprint/roll, as I said before. Default options could look something like:

Melee/Finish     [E]     [unbound]

Melee    [unbound]     [unbound]

Finish    [unbound]     [unbound]

I second this!  The only time I use my melee is against swarms of Infested, or when I've been overrun and resorting to shooting the pack with a Snipetron/Lex at point blank is just a bad idea, so its Invis + Gram Charge attack time!  Which works once, then I end up stuck in a killing blow animation and spend 20 sec screaming at the screen because I missed a whole 1-2 Cleaves against a pack of foes.