Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SIRENIA [THE SIREN WARFRAME]

BABYBBUNNYisaac

Hey guys, I know that a lot of people suggested on a female mermaid/siren themed warframe, but then I guessed that it would be nice to kinda come up with an idea of my own...besides, it's my first time creating a warframe concept from idea, to design, to the illustrations and even quests, and I do hope that everyone can enjoy this concept... well hopefully DE will kinda get some ideas from it (since they're working on spear guns :crylaugh: ) Anyway~ without further ado, here's my take on le siren warframe. Enjoy :D

*If you're gonna ask me about the skills, and why is it that one is a gif image, the other isn't... it's because I didn't think of showing how her skill animates at first, especially for the first 2 skills, then I kinda experimented with animation in photoshop for her 3rd and 4th skill... Yes, I did a lot of experimenting while working on this concept :crylaugh: .. I keep telling myself not to type that "crylaugh" out, but I can't help it.  Get over with it. I admit I play too much warframe.*

Spoiler

SIRENIA - [BASIC STATS]

N9s2vST.png

Edit: Passive - Abble to bullet jump through walls and obstacles. 

Spoiler

SIRENIA - SKILLS

FegwX82.png

Edit: Submerge

• Added: 10% movement speed boost during submerge
  • Changed: 18 energy upon cast, 5/4/3/2 energy per second (Unaffected by mods), 5 energy per 'Drown'.
  • Added: 2/3/4/5m 'Drown Zone' (Unaffected by range mods, but affected by the number of 'Bubbles' Sirenia has. 0.5m/Bubble.)
  • Added: 'Drown Zone' slows enemies stepping on it by 10/15/20/25% (Affected by power strength mods.)
  • Added: 'Drown' only works on enemies with lower than 20% HP. (Unaffected by mods.)
  • Changed: 'Drown' works on all enemy types that are on land.
  • Added: 'Drown' does 200/300/450/600 damage per second. (Affected by strength mods, double damage if enemy is affected by 'Alluring Requiem'.)

Edit: Bubbles

• Changed: 25 energy upon cast, 5/4/3/2 energy per second 
  • Changed: Instant -> Channeling
  • Added: 3/4/5/6 'Bubbles' upon cast (unmodifiable), 'Bubbles' decrease incoming damage by 4.5/5/5.5/6% per 'Bubbles' (Affected by Strength mods).
  • Added: Additional 'Bubbles' spawn after 7/6/5/4 seconds (Affected by duration mods) up to a total of 6/8/10/12 'Bubbles' (Unmodifiable).
  • Added: Deactivating 'Bubbles' on land or activating it while 'Submerge' is used will cause a 100/200/300/400 damage 'Splash' (affected by strength mods) with a radius of 5/6/7/8m (affected by range mods + 0.5m per number of 'Bubbles).
  • Added: 'Bubbles' have no effect and will not spawn additional 'Bubbles' while in 'Submerge' and while performing 'Drown' on an enemy.

ytmoo89.gif

Edit: Alluring Requiem

• Changed: 50 energy upon cast, 25/20/15/10 energy per second.
  • Changed: 'Disarmed' -> 'Lured'. 'Lured' enemies will not attack, but walk slowly towards Sirenia.
  • Added: 'Charmed' effect lasts for  5/10/15/20 secs (affected by duration mods + 1 second per 'Bubbles')
  • Changed: Recast or running out of energy will cause Sirenia to perform a 'Requiem', causing remaining 'Bubbles' to burst, dealing 200 damage per 'Bubble' if any within 10m radius (unmodifiable) and inflict enemies with 'Enraged'.

Edit: Song of Sirens

• Changed: Energy cost, 75 -> 100 per cast.
  • Changed: Mermaid spawn affected by number of 'Bubbles'. Summon = 3 + (1 mermaid / 5 'Bubbles').
  • Added: Mermaids last for 10/15/20/25 secs, HP = 300 + (Sirenia's HP x 1.5) Affected by HP mods.
    • Mermaid stats: 200 damage/hit (affected by strength mods, doubled if enemy is 'Charmed'), 1 hit per second, 
  • Added: Mermaid 'Drown' ability activated when using 'Submerge', mermaids will rush to enemies with the 20% HP threshold to drown them, ignoring those in their way.  
  • Removed: All mermaid buffs, movement restriction.

Spoiler

SIRENIA - QUESTS

O8iKzjc.jpg

m029pjk.jpg

TQv9z5w.jpg

vaQnSPL.jpg

Spoiler

SIRENIA - COMPLETE QUEST DIALOGUE

Nj7Ka8x.png

uvcz3a2.png

t1PvAHB.png

ZxcbpNi.png

3wfkwcc.png

And that is pretty much the concept of Sirenia! To be honest, I never attempted or even drawn anything sci-fi/alien-like. As for the whole design concept, I basically based it on a hybrid of mermaid and jellyfish, while the story line is based on the original story of "The Little Mermaid", although this girl here is more of a vengeful one. I've actually even come up with the whole complete quest dialogues between the NPCs, but I thought it was just too long... so I didn't want to post them up here as they take a huge amount of space :crylaugh: ... So there ya go~ my take on a siren/mermaid concept, leave a comment below, tell me what you're happy or unhappy about, if this concept is good or bad, the story... and that's pretty much it! Thank you for going through this whole thing too!!! :laugh:

Thank you all for your lovely feedback! I appreciate them a lot!!!

Also, if you're confused about the quest, and would like to view the complete quest dialogue, I am willing to post it up here! :laugh:

EDITS:

• (2016/06/28) - Tweaked some stuff on her skills - I should get some rest... or play some warframe first :crylaugh:
  • (2016/06/29) - Changed passive and tweaked more of her ksills to be more playable, and added spoilers because this post is getting longer and longer :crylaugh:  Still unsure about the quest trigger as some are happy with it, and some not.
  • (2016/06/29) - Added new spoiler for COMPLETE QUEST DIALOGUE as requested!! I hope this gives everyone a better understanding to how I came up with this whole story :crylaugh:
  • (2016/07/01) - Fan Concept of the Week on Prime Time #124!!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you DE!! This means so much to me ^^
  • (2017/08/13) - Tweaked skills according to Teloch's feedback via message. I thought that his kept close to the theme I was going for and it has plenty of synergy among skills. Tweaked passive according to Rufflog's idea as well. I thought it was pretty interesting to jump through solid stuff. 
Edited by BABYBBUNNYisaac
relinked images, skill, passives

6 minutes ago, thekurama13 said:

the passive is useless since one its only usefull on one planet.

and two most people dont even do archwing

I guess you're right, but with the new update coming, I'm hoping it has some uses. I've thought of an energy regen passive... but it feels too OP, so do you have any suggestions? I'm open to them :D

+1 for the effort.
All the graphical work makes it really stand out. I can't imagine how much skill and time all this concept took.

...Just the concept translated by the skillset don't convice me that much.

It nails the theme of Sirens hypnotizing and drowning people, but for what's left is another Vauban Syndrome:
Multiple different Crowd Controls overshadowing each others -the main problem the Dev Team is stuck with.

Also a blind, a terrify, a disarm, summoning pets, aoe buff, immune to damage while submerged, a shield for damage immunity while outside...

Essentially everything she does is yet done by most Warframes, and it's too much similar to Hydroid.

To conclude I don't really like quests and origins of custom Warframes, it feels like a forceful rewriting of the Lore, "polluting" it with a fantasy domain not in line with Warframe's universe.

PS:
Actually Warframe Dev Team builds Warframes by working around a theme and developing it.
They conceptualize the Signature Skill of the Warframe and then throw in many other random skills and utilities.
Eventually with "reworks" they add synergy between skills.

I'd suggest to make a pair of steps forward this method, find the better Iconic action this Warframe can do and work about it to be fun to play and having a dynamic playstyle in an environment where Energy is an abundant resource.
Then add other skills to work in Synergy with it. Give utilities but don't exaggerate.

Generally they develope a Combo skillset or a Generic Standalone Utilities skillset.

This is all I've to suggest, since the Graphical development is awesome and Storytelling enough expanded.

PPS:
Sirens are from greek mythology creatures half bird half woman; the half fish folklore creature is the Mermaid.
There can also be an approach to Water Spirits/Nymphs like Naiads and Rusalkas which all maintain the attitude of luring people and drowning them.

PPPS:
After reviewing skills again...

Spoiler

I'd keep Submerge and Alluring Requiem with many changes.
►Submerge as an escape/defensive/stealth tool or and execution tool to istantly kill sleeping/hypnotized enemies.
►Alluring Requiem should lure enemies nearby to the Warframe (similar to Djinn's Fatal Attraction), those getting too close shall go into sleep/hypnotized state and become open for finishers.
►Song of Sirens could be a follow-up Aoe Nuke to slain large amounts of hypnotized enemies.

Imho there's space it can become both a controller, an aoe nuker, a buffer or a stealth assassin warframe.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

well this is the best warframe concept that i have ever seen in this site! truly amazed and you should keep up the work until de notice you, i would like to see that in game, the only thing that don't really got me is the quest activation, i know about the syren story that they taunt only male, but actually you should search better cause is not really true, they taunt every human being with their voice, but there are more "Man abducted by syrens" just because there's not too much woman on sea and pirate story

3 minutes ago, BABYBBUNNYisaac said:

I guess you're right, but with the new update coming, I'm hoping it has some uses. I've thought of an energy regen passive... but it feels too OP, so do you have any suggestions? I'm open to them :D

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

23 minutes ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

+1 for the effort.
All the graphical work makes it really stand out. I can't imagine how much skill and time all this concept took.

Just the concept translated by the skillset don't convice me.

It nails the theme of Sirens hypnotizing and drowning people, but for what's left is another Vauban Syndrome:
Multiple different Crowd Controls overshadowing each others.
The main problem the Dev Team is stuck with.

Also a blind, a terrify, a disarm, summoning pets, aoe buff, immune to damage while submerged, a shield for damage immunity while outside...

Essentially everything she does is yet done by most Warframes, and it's too much similar to Hydroid.

To conclude I don't really like quests and origins of custom Warframes, it feels like a forceful rewriting of the Lore, "polluting" it with a fantasy domain not in line with Warframe's universe.

PS:
Actually Warframe Dev Team builds Warframes by working around a theme and developing it.
They conceptualize the Signature Skill of the Warframe and then throw in many other random skills and utilities.
Eventually with "reworks" they add synergy between skills.

I'd suggest to make a pair of steps forward this method, find the better Iconic action this Warframe can do and work about it to be fun to play and having a dynamic playstyle in an environment where Energy is an abundant resource.
Then add other skills to work in Synergy with it. Give utilities but don't exaggerate.

Generally they develope a Combo skillset or a Generic Standalone Utilities skillset.

This is all I've to suggest, since the Graphical development is awesome and Storytelling enough expanded.

So that's how it's done! I could tone some of them down I suppose. I just realized that she has 2 immunity skills which is kinda OP, thank you pointing that out! As for that vauban syndrome, she can't really move around like vauban can while CC-ing, but yes, I understand about vauban syndrome... it's just too much :crylaugh:. But thank you for that! I appreciate these constructive criticism ^^

16 minutes ago, beppe93 said:

it would be funny if as passive she could activate her first ability after an highter jump without spending the activation mana cost

Hahahaha! Nice one! I guess that would be fun, but I would go for spending half of the energy cost instead of no energy cost...because no energy cost is too OP imo :crylaugh:

this is really good, much more original and imaginative then 90pc of the other blatant ripoff or obviously OP designs that get posted here, as others have said maybe a slight tweaking to her skill kit, but regardless 9/10, would definitely play her.

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Interesting idea, though IMO bubbles invulnerability feels out of place, other than that I really like her abilities.

Yeppp~ Did a slight tweak on that one. I didn't realise I made it so OP lol. Someone above mentioned it as well. Having 2 invulnerability skills is a no no. :laugh:

2 hours ago, RoyalGuard02 said:

How about she could bullet jump-swim through solid objects for passive? i could get more use out of that than the current one

Also great concept

Idk about jumping through walls... seems kinda dangerous because you might jump out of the tileset :crylaugh: Someone did mention falling from higher ground will trigger "submerge", it got me thinking that... wouldn't it be annoying, considering that you would always be bullet jumping and usually lands in a heavy landing... which will trigger "submerge"... I've been thinking of liquify... as in 10% chance to neglect ranged attacks... would it be too OP? :shocked:

1 hour ago, loliHeadSHOTS said:

this is really good, much more original and imaginative then 90pc of the other blatant ripoff or obviously OP designs that get posted here, as others have said maybe a slight tweaking to her skill kit, but regardless 9/10, would definitely play her.

Yepp~ I did tweak her skills, and thank you so much for the compliment ^^  I do hope DE would base a warframe on sirens or mermaids though. It would be so interesting to see one :laugh:

1 hour ago, Veridantus said:

Da~mn, them illustrations.. 
Concept itself is nice.
Passive might need a change though.. Too insignificant..
Also, what happens when the enemy is drowned? sudden death?

Considering there's a chance for drowning... I guess it's okay for a sudden death because you don't know when you'll drown them, or get wrecked by higher level enemies if you fail to drown them :crylaugh: I think it's the only skill that scales through late game... not that good, but good enough to take them out? What would you suggest for drowning? :laugh:

Yes... I'm addicted to emojis :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, BABYBBUNNYisaac said:

Considering there's a chance for drowning... I guess it's okay for a sudden death because you don't know when you'll drown them, or get wrecked by higher level enemies if you fail to drown them :crylaugh: I think it's the only skill that scales through late game... not that good, but good enough to take them out? What would you suggest for drowning? :laugh:

There's the Inaros' Consume animation and mechanics that could fit.

Maybe something ala "When positioned under the desired target while submerged, hold X (or wait X seconds) to drag down enemies. Hypnotized or Sleeping enemies receive a Finisher Attack or get drowned way quicker".

Edited by Burnthesteak87

As I also have a similar mermaid/seafaring-esque Warframe, I feel a bit salty because of how nice your concept looks put together compared to mine, aha. I really love it, though!

Design-wise, Sirenia reminds me distinctly of a couple certain Megaman characters. I feel there could be more going on in the arms; perhaps you could add those finds that are on the sides of her hips onto her arms, as a default "armor"?

Her passive is really situational. The idea of "swimming" into solid objects would be interesting, but abuseable. Perhaps being inflicted with critical damage will cause Sirenia to have a chance of spawning a mermaid?

As for abilities:

1. Submerge: Submerge is basically Hydroid's Undertow with a chance to insta-kill, as opposed to inflicting damage over time. An interesting alternate ability could be "raising" water around a certain diameter, as opposed to submerging the enemies themselves. This will incapacitate enemies who enter the water, however players and companions will be unable to enter. My only concern is that it would seem too much like Vauban's Bastille, but I'm sure it could somehow be worked out to separate it from Bastille.

2. Bubbles: Bubbles sounds like an interesting ability, perhaps bubbles that are popped could inflict Impact damage?

3. Alluring Requiem: Alluring Requiem sounds like the name of the Warframe, aka its main ability. No criticisms at the moment about this one.

4. Song of Sirens: Sounds like my Warframe's WRATH with more arms. Many, many more arms. On a less comical note, I could see the energy cost being raised up to 150, or having some sort of debuff involved. Perhaps Sirenia could slow down or "channel" this ability, meaning that she can't do anything while it's going on, similar to Alluring Requiem.

Overall, cool concept. 

Edited by MissMarifire

29 minutes ago, BABYBBUNNYisaac said:

hmm, sudden death is a bit OP IMO, would be very abusable for endless missions..
perhaps a damage overtime based on enemy Health percentage? like 1 - 4% per seconds, maybe?

Aesthetically, it looks great.

Thematically, it's spot on.

Mechanically, I'd need more time to get into the nitty gritty, but it's alright on first glance, if not quite a bit too similar to Hydroid.

Quest, skimmed it, and will re-read later, but why is the quest only activated by male warframes?

Spoiler

The restriction makes no gameplay sense and seems bound to traditional fairy tales about mermaids luring men. But it's 2016, mate. No need to hitch your concept to that old trope.

There's no reason why a siren's beautiful song can't lure anyone, especially if we consider the music can evoke more than heterosexual, romantic feelings/lust (something warframes don't even have). What about simple happiness? Feelings of peace? Warmth? Platonic love? How are any of those bound to a female x male relationship?

My simple point is the male-only stipulation is completely needless.

You've done a great job with your presentation, and I would like to go into more depth later, but these are my first impressions. +1

Edited by Rhekemi

12 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Quest, skimmed it, and will re-read later, but why is the quest only activated by male warframes?

I think it has to do with the fact that mermaids in folklore usually sing songs to attract male sailors. OP, I'd like to see the complete dialogue please. This quest intrigues me.

Edited by derp215

Yes. I noted that (check inside the spoiler). I'm saying what would that have to do with Warframe's world?

Second Dream (a major Warframe quest) spoilers inside the spoiler. Don't click if you haven't completed it.

Spoiler

Where female and male wonder children pilot male and female warframes?

It seems a needless restriction, but I'll leave that there.

Edited by Rhekemi

5 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Yes. I noted that (check inside the spoiler). I'm saying what would that have to do with Warframe's world?

Second Dream (a major Warframe quest) spoilers inside the spoiler. Don't click if you haven't completed it.

Hide contents

Where female and male wonder children pilot male and female warframes?

It seems a needless restriction, but I'll leave that there.

Sticking with the theme, I guess. But I also guess that the lure is not just for the tennos but also for the grineer working under the sea.

Good news; your concept was looked at in Prime Time #124! I want this Warframe in the game after seeing it talked about; everything on it looks great and it matches the Warframe itself! Sure, there might be a few things that might need to be changed, but it's an awesome idea overall. I hope it is heavily considered by DE. :smile:

Edited by YellowVolt

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:11 AM, BABYBBUNNYisaac said:

Hey guys, I know that a lot of people suggested on a female mermaid/siren themed warframe, but then I guessed that it would be nice to kinda come up with an idea of my own...besides, it's my first time creating a warframe concept from idea, to design, to the illustrations and even quests, and I do hope that everyone can enjoy this concept... well hopefully DE will kinda get some ideas from it (since they're working on spear guns :crylaugh: ) Anyway~ without further ado, here's my take on le siren warframe. Enjoy :D

*If you're gonna ask me about the skills, and why is it that one is a gif image, the other isn't... it's because I didn't think of showing how her skill animates at first, especially for the first 2 skills, then I kinda experimented with animation in photoshop for her 3rd and 4th skill... Yes, I did a lot of experimenting while working on this concept :crylaugh: .. I keep telling myself not to type that "crylaugh" out, but I can't help it.  Get over with it. I admit I play too much warframe.*

Reveal hidden contents

SIRENIA - [BASIC STATS]

SIRENIA01_zpsevtfed24.png

Hide contents

SIRENIA - SKILLS

SIRENIA02CR_zpsk7iyfizx.png

SIRENIA03_cr01_zpspzovk9mc.gif

Reveal hidden contents

SIRENIA - QUESTS

SIRENIA04_zps9rsvvskw.png

SIRENIA05_zpsyhbnpzsf.png

SIRENIA06_zps5ykrbrc8.png

SIRENIA07_zpsn5skbnsc.png

Reveal hidden contents

SIRENIA - COMPLETE QUEST DIALOGUE

SIRENIA08_zpsqippj3i7.png

SIRENIA09_zpscyfacrma.png

SIRENIA10_zpsv3cee6q7.png

SIRENIA11_zps4bfxp8cu.png

SIRENIA12_zpspenxeqgb.png

And that is pretty much the concept of Sirenia! To be honest, I never attempted or even drawn anything sci-fi/alien-like. As for the whole design concept, I basically based it on a hybrid of mermaid and jellyfish, while the story line is based on the original story of "The Little Mermaid", although this girl here is more of a vengeful one. I've actually even come up with the whole complete quest dialogues between the NPCs, but I thought it was just too long... so I didn't want to post them up here as they take a huge amount of space :crylaugh: ... So there ya go~ my take on a siren/mermaid concept, leave a comment below, tell me what you're happy or unhappy about, if this concept is good or bad, the story... and that's pretty much it! Thank you for going through this whole thing too!!! :laugh:

Thank you all for your lovely feedback! I appreciate them a lot!!!

Also, if you're confused about the quest, and would like to view the complete quest dialogue, I am willing to post it up here! :laugh:

• (2016/06/28) - Tweaked some stuff on her skills - I should get some rest... or play some warframe first :crylaugh:
  • (2016/06/29) - Changed passive and tweaked more of her ksills to be more playable, and added spoilers because this post is getting longer and longer :crylaugh:  Still unsure about the quest trigger as some are happy with it, and some not.
  • (2016/06/29) - Added new spoiler for COMPLETE QUEST DIALOGUE as requested!! I hope this gives everyone a better understanding to how I came up with this whole story :crylaugh:

I actually like this idea but and this is just my opinion her first ability submerge does seems a little bit similar to hydroid's ability undertow except the only difference is she can get damaged (which I think hydroid can too but I don't know) but that's about it and she looks beautiful