Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 6

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, trace_phage said:

why no more waiting untill there are 6 players? quantity over quality matches?

Absolutely. I'd rather hop right into an uneven low quality match that may eventually become 3v3 than wait 10+ minutes doing nothing only to have half the players leave and end up 1v2 anyway.

Just want to point out that once again another hotfix/ update has come and gone and the Vala Sugatra Prime has STILL not gotten a PBR update despite the fact that it was released with the Nyx prime access pack where everything else in that pack has a PBR update now, have you just forgotten that item even exists? I use it all the time and don't like the fact that I can't coordinate it like the rest of my items. please fix this. I know it's a small thing but little details matter too.

10 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Absolutely. I'd rather hop right into an uneven low quality match that may eventually become 3v3 than wait 10+ minutes doing nothing only to have half the players leave and end up 1v2 anyway.

yeah, I'd rather not join matches that are ongoing but that's just me.... so I guess I'm quitting Lunaro

16 hours ago, Alma_Elma said:

Seriously DE. Seriously.

To everyone complaining about their Operators and emote wheels resetting, there's some things you have to take into consideration. 

Nvidia and AMD's optomizing features can directly force the Operator to reset because it affects those files that save your custom appearance. That's most likely out of DE's control, aside from giving that it's own entirely separate file or path that would probably break more if they were to rush out that patch to calm down the screamers. 

Even if it's not that that's causing your Operator or gear/emote wheels to reset, perhaps it's NOT as easy of a fix as you may believe it to be? Something like that may not just be an "on/off" switch for making it work, there may be a team spending lots of man-hours trying to get this fixed. Whining "still no fix" or "hurry up DE" won't do anything. 

34 minutes ago, -domi- said:

To everyone complaining about their Operators and emote wheels resetting, there's some things you have to take into consideration. 

Nvidia and AMD's optomizing features can directly force the Operator to reset because it affects those files that save your custom appearance. That's most likely out of DE's control, aside from giving that it's own entirely separate file or path that would probably break more if they were to rush out that patch to calm down the screamers. 

Except that isn't the case because everything was working fine, up until Lunaro came into the picture.

Not to mention; a GPU's control software wouldn't affect how the game encodes its data. DE doesn't take into account your client-side settings for the game, that's all locally saved on your machine and is a separate file altogether; the only thing that goes to them are the variables directly related to your in-game characteristics and stats; like your warframe's colors, current equipment used, amount of resources you have...etc.

Even if it's not that that's causing your Operator or gear/emote wheels to reset, perhaps it's NOT as easy of a fix as you may believe it to be? Something like that may not just be an "on/off" switch for making it work, there may be a team spending lots of man-hours trying to get this fixed. Whining "still no fix" or "hurry up DE" won't do anything. 

I'm not gonna claim I have an in-depth know-how of Warframe's internals; but given the consistent bug that never deviates from the pattern: Its a problem with the settings saving on DE's side.

Plus that content added is still using the same system as we've always had. The act of adding more features to the operator is basically just the game referencing more files to give you more options, but still running in the same way it always has. From a programmer's PoV; it shouldn't be THAT hard to fix.

Edited by Alma_Elma

12 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Except that isn't the case because everything was working fine, up until Lunaro came into the picture.

My original point, that probably got clouded, was that DE is most likely not just 'ignoring' the issue. They're probably trying to figure out what went wrong with Lunaro. Frankly, my Operator has reset twice overall since Lunaro came out, once in hotfix 4 and a second time shortly before Vault Access, so I guess I'm lucky c:

If you wanna see a game company that royally screws up updates and patches, look at Valve and TF2. 

EDIT: ech I see that last paragraph now. I feel like if it was a really simple problem, it woulda been fixed some time in the second or third Lunaro hotfix

Edited by -domi-

1 hour ago, -domi- said:

Nvidia and AMD's optomizing features can directly force the Operator to reset because it affects those files that save your custom appearance.

Are you absolutely sure the visual customization choices for the Operator are saved to files client side and not server side?

2 hours ago, trace_phage said:

yeah, I'd rather not join matches that are ongoing but that's just me.... so I guess I'm quitting Lunaro

So instead of trying the same forum you're using right now to find (probably very swiftly) a group of likeminded people, put them in your friendlist, and play Lunaro with them, is so totally out of question that you instead quit a game mode you enjoy?

Edited by Khunvyel

13 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Devs, I have a suggestion: open up all-chat at the end of a match so members of both teams can "GG" to each other.

As someone who has played CS:GO before they removed that exact mechanic i can only say DONT. The amount of "HA HA EASY EASY HA HA" that would be going on could ruin the overall rather cooperative atmossphere of the game and undermine its fun.

And secondly i didn't see the 6 player cap hurt Lunaro anywhere, i never had to wait for more than roughly a minute before my matches filled up. i mean come on how hard can it be to get 6 people together when tens of thousands are playing?

8 hours ago, alergiclaprosti said:

because 18.20 would just looks stupid, at this points ... so 18:Lunaro 6.

Pretty sure that Lunaro 1 is U19.0, with Lunaro 6 being 19.0.5. I suppose we'll see after the quest releases.

4 hours ago, Khunvyel said:

Are you absolutely sure the visual customization choices for the Operator are saved to files client side and not server side?

It is saved server-side. That is why you can play on a different machine and have your customizations kept.

Edited by NeithanDiniem