Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[POLL] Acolytes, making them Permanent. Implementation Discussion.

(PSN)AngelShur

Hey there fellow Tenno.

I'm thinking of ways to make the Stalker great again, but as you can read below, DE will make it happen, the only Question is when and how.... so I came up with this idea:

Add The Acolytes permanently in the Game by making them Tag-along with Shadow Stalker.

How? Well, each time Shadow Stalker comes after you, he'll bring two (2) random Acolytes with him. You think you can handle Stalker pretty easy, well deal with him and also his Acolytes! Are you that pro to defeat Stalker and his Acolytes at the same time.... well the reward is yours! 

Happy are thy with the Acolyte Mods!

I created a POLL for you, Tenno. Please let me know if you would want this to be a permanent part of the game or not.

I'll have this Thread closed on the 28th of July 2016. Looking forward to the chart! :)

Thanks in advance and Happy Hunting, Tenno!

Angel

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Edit Title for clarity. (New Focus, Implementation)

19 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Well, I remember something already being mentioned about bringing the Acolytes back. Just not in the function you are proposing.

Must always try to bring a twist that can/will make the game more interesting for coming months.

Guys, please feel free to share your thoughts ;)

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Share your thoughts, please.

I'd like to see Acolytes return as a sort of Invasion, like Grineer and Corpus ones. Player, Grineer, and Acolyte would all be on different teams, like a Crossfire mission. Running 3 in a row could drop a standard Invasion reward, each run dropping an Acolyte mod just like they did in the event. 

And then move Stalker death marks to running Acolyte Encounters instead of boss kills. 

In the event we had to go "Hunting" for them at nodes we would likely have never gone to.  I could easily see Stalker dropping a beacon type thing you would craft to find out where the acolyte is hidden.

Really would like more of the mods available as I never got a couple of the Rare mods. Some of them are selling for hundreds of plat, and I made a mint selling the Uncommon ones I got.

But i think we really need to wait for Starchart 3.0 for things to happen

8 hours ago, (PS4)SNAKE0757 said:

Yeah that would be cool since Shadow Stalker is not a challenge on his own, but i would suggest bringing only one Acolyte every time he shows up.

Why only one? With a squad of 4, it might only take up to 20 seconds to finish them. Don't you think so?

8 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Maybe an additional one per squad member. squad of two there's two etc etc 

8 hours ago, Katinka said:

How about Acolyte numbers based on squad size (like Hyena Pack & Rathuum Executioners)?  Minimum would be Stalker +1 Acolyte with Stalker +2  Acolytes for three players & Stalker +3 Acolytes for four players.

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Typo.

I don't want them to be permanent, I don't even want them to be in the codex. They are just some cocktail enemies made of different Warframe parts and accessories, which looks awful in my opinion.

Also, numbers don't matter because of cheesing available, even if 5 stalkers showed up with 10 acolytes at the same time, people would actually cheer, because it'd make farming easier. 

11 hours ago, ludo3009 said:

I think they will come back soon like bursas did after their first introduction in the False Profit event.

Meaning we won't see them again until beginning of 2017.

---

OP, your poll is relatively useless because DE themselves said the Acolytes are going to return as a permanent addition.

9 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

---

OP, your poll is relatively useless because DE themselves said the Acolytes are going to return as a permanent addition.

I won't say it's useless simply because when DE expresses themselves in a wishful thought, they tend to use the word 'We Will'. 

You've been here long enough to know this. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

I won't say it's useless simply because when DE expresses themselves in a wishful thought, they tend to use the word 'We Will'. 

You've been here long enough to know this. 

I will agree with this only because I worry for the Acolytes being forgotten. Bursas took 10 months to be fully implemented into the game, albeit very poorly in my opinion. The Acolytes are lore lacking major characters that follow another lore lacking major character, and I just find that irresponsible. I honestly feel DE should have broadened Stalker as a character more than sprinkles in the codex and 3 years late miniscule expansion in a quest.

I honestly just want the Acolytes reimplemented with (at the very least) adequate lore, along with Stalker receiving some as well. How the former is accessed in game in the future is anyone's guess and concept, I just want more actual lore for all seven.

Edited by LazerSkink

56 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

The poll is completely pointless, DE already said they plan on having the Acolytes return permanently at a later date.

As replied above to my friend Lazer.

But thanks for the feedback, let's now focus on the implementation shall we? What would be a perfect implementation...

Honestly, I'd like to see Acolytes introduced as a "World PvP" Syndicate, basically like Dark Souls where you invade people in their game. Maybe limit it like Conclave balancing to avoid cheap killing. But still, would be nice, lights flicker, think it's going to be Stalker, someone bullet jumps through the door and starts shooting at you, the NPC enemies are trying to attack both you and the Acolyte, you eventually die and the Acolyte leaves like Stalker would, you use a revive and respawn, go on with the mission. I think it could be fun.

13 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mang, what is it with people saying "What Warframe really needs is a way for me to pop into other people's sessions and grief them at random,"?

Possible reasons as to why this suggestion pops up(I'm not opposed to it as long as it is off by default and only players/squads that have it enabled can participate):

"I've hunted all my life. Jus' like my father and his before him. I've hunted deer, and bear, I even got a cougar once. Ho boy. But the best hunt... is human." - Pa Bender, Supernatural.

Some people love the thrill of encountering or seeking a human opponent in a large map. It's like a deadly game of hide and seek.

I'd rather have all the Assassins setup where once you get at least five marks for them, you are given a mission that increases the chance of them showing up 100% to burn all the marks (I.E. they decide to call you out and besmirch your "honor"). As for Shadow Stalker, have it be that you can burn out each of his marks challenging his acolytes and once you beat them all, then he will show up the next time you try to summon them. If you lose to one of them, then the system resets you back down to the bottom of the Acolyte tier. To prevent too much farming of said Assassins, give it a cool down between 12 to 24 hours.

Yes, it removes the whole "Random chance of Assassins jumping the player", but then it makes it easier to level up gear without worrying if you brought a strong enough OHK weapon to take down Stalker due to his new anti-cheese mechanic.

18 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mang, what is it with people saying "What Warframe really needs is a way for me to pop into other people's sessions and grief them at random,"?

I'd alt+f4 and uninstall the instant this happens. I do not like fast paced twitch laggy oneshot pvp games. I only PVP in War Thunder air combat where physics, geometry, planning, and awareness are more important than reflex and the game is designed around it. unlike here where the game is designed for PVE COOP. this idea is just granting a minority of players' request for endorsed griefing of the majority.

People say they'll do stuff if umbra isn't out in a week, and they are still here, but this, I'd really be gone. bye. cya. I have other games that i haven't played much in a year because of this game, but i'd go back to them if players could invade my missions.

how would you make it optional? what if you have it off but the other 3 in your squad have it on? whose will is overridden? or will you only matchmake with people with the same setting? that will cut matchmaking possibilities for one group or the other to possibly intolerably low population. splitting a matchmaking pool like this is not a good idea.

how could you possibly balance around conclave? fire rate, reload speed, damage are all going to change if you are aiming at the intruder? you going to randomly lose your redirection and vitality in the middle of a mission? if the intruder can't use these mods, won't he just be oneshot by the enemies that have scaled far beyond the ability to do so and the intruder wont be able to damage them either? and of course the player who is being invaded would be more in danger from the npc's than from the invader if his pve only mods were stripped away.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

16 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Possible reasons as to why this suggestion pops up(I'm not opposed to it as long as it is off by default and only players/squads that have it enabled can participate):

"I've hunted all my life. Jus' like my father and his before him. I've hunted deer, and bear, I even got a cougar once. Ho boy. But the best hunt... is human." - Pa Bender, Supernatural.

Some people love the thrill of encountering or seeking a human opponent in a large map. It's like a deadly game of hide and seek.

Eh, maybe? However, more often than not the actual vibe that I get from those suggestions is that folks just want to be jerks to other players. Half the time when the suggestion pops up, it's couched in terms of "punishing" players whom the system selects as designated assassination targets because they failed their Mastery Rank tests or they abandoned too many missions in the past month, or whatever. In addition to which, it is always phrased with the assumption that the assassin/invader will win, teabag their opponent, and hopefully have some sort of smug emote before smoke-bombing out. Basically.....the folks who make these suggestions never, ever, come across as saying that they want a challenge and a thrill of the hunt. They just come across as whining to DE that they want to beat up other players and feel like elite badasses.*

14 hours ago, Kaisty said:

I'd rather have all the Assassins setup where once you get at least five marks for them, you are given a mission that increases the chance of them showing up 100% to burn all the marks (I.E. they decide to call you out and besmirch your "honor"). As for Shadow Stalker, have it be that you can burn out each of his marks challenging his acolytes and once you beat them all, then he will show up the next time you try to summon them. If you lose to one of them, then the system resets you back down to the bottom of the Acolyte tier. To prevent too much farming of said Assassins, give it a cool down between 12 to 24 hours.

Yes, it removes the whole "Random chance of Assassins jumping the player", but then it makes it easier to level up gear without worrying if you brought a strong enough OHK weapon to take down Stalker due to his new anti-cheese mechanic.

Eh. Shadow Stalker is significantly less of a threat than old Stalker. With old Stalker, the fight was going to be short because one of you was going to die, and if he headshotted you with Dread, that's it, Stalker wins. Shadow Stalker is slow, overly dependent on his new armour, lacking in effective ranged attacks.

*The Correct! response to this kind of stupid edgelordism, you see, is to carefully construct a build which is designed for maximum devastation of another Tenno in full PVE mode. Then, ensure that your internet connection is top tier, absolutely flawless. Then, deliberately go and fail a bunch of the metrics which the system uses to mark you as 'weak', in order to lure out those.....individuals. Then shotgun them in the face, tell them that black and red just aren't their colours, and that when they grow up, they will outgrow wanting to feel like an edgy badass on the internet.

Apologies for derailing this thread a little bit, but I'd like to have a poll on whether or not these forums should have an actual poll feature already.
Every free forum hosting service comes with its own poll feature, but people on the Warframe forums always have to resort to using Strawpoll. :P

As for the assholytes, I'd personally vote no. At least the way they were implemented. Maybe make them (part of?) a boss battle, but chasing them down wasn't all that great and I don't need yet another type of enemy to randomly invade me. Stalker, G3, Zanuka, Syndicates, we've reached a point where we get invaded more often than not. It used to be thrilling and special, now it's just old.