Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VirtualViolet

Having trouble logging in to the new Warframe.com? (FIX!)

I thought I should share this in case anyone else is still having problems logging in. (Mods move to appropriate forum section if this isn't it.)

I finally figured out the login problem. When the "forgot password" page came up with an error after I entered my email, it dawned on me that maybe in the website change they made that field case sensitive and my email address had been stored in all lower case. Sure enough, when I tried it with all lower case letters in my email, it worked. The game login still works with capital letters in the email, though, which is why I was so confused.

TLDR: Enter your email address in all lower-case to login to the website now. (Well, unless you're locked out like I was, then wait a few hours and try again.) Password is the same as before the change (case-sensitive, exactly as you've always entered it).

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, VirtualViolet said:

I thought I should share this in case anyone else is still having problems logging in. (Mods move to appropriate forum section if this isn't it.)

I finally figured out the login problem. When the "forgot password" page came up with an error after I entered my email, it dawned on me that maybe in the website change they made that field case sensitive and my email address had been stored in all lower case. Sure enough, when I tried it with all lower case letters in my email, it worked. The game login still works with capital letters in the email, though, which is why I was so confused.

TLDR: Enter your email address in all lower-case to login to the website now. (Well, unless you're locked out like I was, then wait a few hours and try again.) Password is the same as before the change (case-sensitive, exactly as you've always entered it).

Hope this helps!

Good advice. I discovered something similar except the website IP restricted me for failed logon attempts. Now for some reason the online store site will only accept payment from Steam and Steam can't authorize the transaction likely due to some kind of restriction. Not sure what one has to do with the other as Steam's IP is different than mine, but it's frustrating.

What about numbers does that affect it you trick helped me with lowercase but I am trying to help someone else and they tried it and it did not work but they have numbers in their email.