Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AMD Drivers crashing since Hotfix: Lunaro 6

Rigoxa

My graphics driver crashes every 2-6 minutes into the game. Only applies beeing actually in a mission and not in the liset for some reason. Tested for some other games and tested with heavens bench on highest settings and it only happens to Warframe.

Specs:

Radeon Softwareversion - 16.6.1
AMD Radeon R9 280x from Sapphire
Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
16 GB Corsair RAM
 AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

On 2016/6/29 at 10:49 PM, Rigoxa said:

My graphics driver crashes every 2-6 minutes into the game. Only applies beeing actually in a mission and not in the liset for some reason. Tested for some other games and tested with heavens bench on highest settings and it only happens to Warframe.

Does solo or multiplayers matter for you?

By the way.

It is not AMD specific.

My GTX980 also cold crashes recently.

It used to very stable for 1 year. But it turns into black screen during missions randomly.

Can't do anything but force shutdown game client.

Event viewer logged "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

My symptom began about 1 month ago,  and its getting worse with newer updates.

This only happens when I play Warframe.

What I have tried:

Verify and optimize data

Reinstall Warframe

Run DDU(display driver uninstaller) and perform custom/clean install different drivers

Run memtest: no error detected

Cap frame rate at 200 instead of no limit

Restore my system image, rollback to 2 months ago

Monitoring the temperature, and it has nothing to so with overheat. Other games can reach higher temperature without crashes.

Edited by aerosoul1337

New information: tried solo, instead of public host, and it crashes all the same, within 2 min, but in solo, the driver recovers and i can continue to play, for as long as the mission goes, without any more crashes! Really weird. This is for sure an issue with the game.

Okay,

This reminds me of an old bug years ago.

Certain AMD cpu users can not host.

When ever hosting, I crashed right after the multi-play session was created.

(invite others, random player joining my mission etc...)

This could be different, but is this HOST related for you?

Furthermore, try to disable multi-thread rendering from the launcher. This used to stop previous bug.

See if we can narrow down the issue.

I have different issue that is much more random (black screen during missions), hard to narrow down :(

Edited by aerosoul1337

Hey guys,
For anyone experiencing this issue with an AMD GPU

AMD have just released new drivers that should hopefully improve performance as well as power consumption.
If this applies to you then can you please download the 16.7.1 drivers and let us know if you see any improvement with Warframe?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.7.1-Release-Notes.aspx

We also encourage you to try the new "compatibility mode" that was introduced with this driver as it may help narrow down the cause of these crashes.

Thanks.

Also, as a note:
We are still trying to solve this problem for Nvidia cards as well. All GPUs are on our rader.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD7770 card with the latest AMD drivers (16.7.2) and I have also experienced more crashes lately. It happens sometimes while playing or while browsing the Star Chart, but it *always* happens when I enter a Relay. I used to be able to intermittently circumvent the Relay problem by pressing ESC a few times to skip the cinematics and enter the Relay via the Conclave section, but with the SotR update this does not work anymore. The only way I sometimes am able to stay in the Relay without the game crashing on me within a few seconds is when I change the Display options to Windowed 800x600 mode; going back to Fullscreen 1920x1080 mode after having spent some time in the Relay does work though. I have tried toggling the DirectX options in the launcher, but to no avail. Setting the AMD Graphics Profile to Performance also did not help.