Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market Overhaul

[DE]Taylor

Not gonna lie, I had high hopes that the so called redesign would be accompained with a global adjust on the prices of pretty much every item to be more coherent with warframe's economy and the actual value of plat.

I was expecting a rebalance of prices on 90% of the store, especially stuff like frames, weapons, components, credit packs and so on, since all of those have always been dramatically overpriced. Almost 200 plat for a regular, non prime frame you can farm in a couple of hours from a boss ? Likewise, two hundred plat for a gun you can craft with common components that drop from all systems ?

To me the market has always felt like a somewhat dishonest attempt at tricking new warframe players into buying things for ridiculously inflated prices and regret it down the road once they figure how the game works. The fact that you can get full Prime Sets from trade chat for less than you can buy regular Rhino from the market boggles the mind. Likewise, one  can buy most prime weapons for 30-100p, yet it's perfectly normal to charge 200+ plat for things like a Skana or other low mastery rank weapons.

Honestly, most regular frames should be 60-110p max, while weapons should range from 20 to 70 or something. Credits should be 5p / 100000 credits, with even better deals if you buy in bulk. Catalysts , Reactors and Formas should ideally be 5p( most players would be willing to put catalysts on mastery fodder if it was the case), but alas, I guess dropping them to 10p would work too.

Void Keys should be 2-4p each, depending of what Tier. Golden Cores should be 1-2p each max.

Just now, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I was selling stuff and the person who was buying off me keep buying them.  After I found out I showed him Sechura

Only someone who doesn't know any better. Sadly after the rework nothing's gonna really change.

13 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Your idea convenience is not always parallel with maintainability of profits for DE.

Why not? In this case DE would be selling the cores themselves, essentially taking away Platinum from the total platinum ingame, not just changing hands but effectively removing platinum from the game, and in turn people would buy more.

45 minutes ago, Czin said:

Why not? In this case DE would be selling the cores themselves, essentially taking away Platinum from the total platinum ingame, not just changing hands but effectively removing platinum from the game, and in turn people would buy more.

Cores are exceedingly more easily farmed now than ever before. Core packs in general are largely never bought at all, with the only purchasers being the incredibly ill-informed or those that have a ridiculous excess in platinum and a short patience. The only thing that is going to sell the large pack is that slim chance at a legendary. That is it. That slim chance is going to be something that takes a lot more platinum out of the economy than buying cores for 3p each would ever do. Everyone else will simply go to trade chat and buy cores 1p-1core, which is all they are worth now due to the easily available farms for cores. People wont just suddenly swarm to the market to buy cores when they cost 3 times as much as they can already readily get. And if they make them too cheep in the market, the core market just dies entirely. It honestly is a trap to purchase core packs, the new gold pack being the only one that is worth the plat to buy just because of that small chance for a legendary core.

And to the people saying the drop rate for a legendary core should be higher than 1%... Think about that for one iota. 1% alone is one legendary core out of every 100 purchased. Do you really think that over all, out of all of the Warframe players, that 100 purchases will be a rare occurrence? Id be more likely to believe that the chance for the legendary core is 0.5% or less just from that fact alone. The last thing we need are 10% or more chances for a legendary core as some people have posted before. A Legendary core is worth 528 R5 cores. They are not going to easily hand out that many cores left and right, nor should they.

To everyone else commenting about not enough changes to the market, the changes they listed aren't the grand-all list of everything that is being altered. Its just a preview. There likely are more price changes going on that they simply aren't going to list out when we can just wait a week or two and it will be in-game.

To others suggesting the removal of credit packs, I wholeheartedly agree. They have no real purpose for those to exist other than convincing the highly ill-informed player to purchase them. Their removal would mark for an increase in credit booster sales, a far more profitable for DE purchase and a far more useful buy for the player. I am also of the mind to say that cores and resources shouldn't be available to buy at all either, further increasing booster sales. Hell, they could make a drop chance booster for mods even that could increase the odds of a mod or core dropping from enemies (by kill, not ability use on corpses) by 25-50% more than the base drop chance or so, making another rather useful purchase from the market. That is just my thoughts on things, however.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

As much as I am not convinced by the core/credit packs as I've stated before, about the "let's revise the weapon and warframe pricing". I also think they are very expensive, granted. But I don't think their prices should drastically be changed.
Mainly for two reasons:
1°) If price is very affordable (in the 80pl for weap like someone suggested), then why farming the resources? The point of Warframe is to get all the stuff in warframe, that's be sawing the branch DE is sitting on.

2°) Those things are made for impatient ppl who have more plats than they can count (or don't care about spending them); I.E. not for the most of us. Imho, market for fully crafted weapons or frame is more supposed to be an exception in the habits of a player than the norm.

THAT SAID. Warframe needs a longer tutorial about crafting, how this works, modding, and levelling a mod. Once basics are covered by Vor's Prize, Warframe's NUE is basically hoping the community will do a good job.

Then, someone said somewhere that things here shouldn't be linked to the trade chat; becasue this is a market thing. I disagree: the market and the trade are tightly tied to form Warframe's economy. For instance, greater lenses put a sturdy roof on lenses value, and R5C's value make the core packs so worthless they shouldn't even be here, except the gambling Legendary core. They indeed are intertwined.

Edited by Huitzilopoltchi

Im a PS4 User and I’m personally excited by the changes to the market - the new features that are coming deserve praise. As far as the market’s usability and its impact on the warfare economy, what I would like to draw player’s attention to is the updated pricing. 

The pricing for items available in clan inventory is reasonable considering that weapons requiring such is in low quantities.

It’s good to see that DE has considered changing the cost of Mag and Loki considering Mag is now readily available as a starter frame and Loki isn’t. 

The 3 Forma pack for 35 platinum isn’t bad either. 

The 30 Day Resource booster is a fair price but I think that the 30 Day booster should be available for all types as suggested by players before me. 

Now I’m attempting to address the hotspot. 

I’ve seen in a post by a fellow warfare player ‘taiiat', that we must be careful in reading the feedback, carefully gaging when someone is trying to be constructive with their consumer analysis and opinion on what they feel is beneficial to DE and the consumer and when someone is just plainly trying to benefit themselves only (set the price at an amount they can afford in insane amounts). I agree.

I think DE has done their research into what credits and fusion cores are used for to set their price point but I’ve done some of my own research and Im happy to share my findings.

According to warframechronicles.blogspot.com, the cost of ranking up R10 Mods are as follows:

Common R10 Mods e.g. Equillibrium/Provoked

132 R5 Fusion Cores

415,800 Credits

Uncommon R10 Mods e.g. Redirection/Vitality

264 R5 Fusion Cores

831,600 Credits

Rare R10 Mods e.g. Narrowminded/Blind Rage

396 R5 Fusion Cores

1,247,400 Credits

Primed R10 Mods e.g. Primed Flow/Primed Continuity

528 R5 Fusion Cores

1,663,200 Credits

Now at the current price model where the High Roller Credit Bundle gives you approximately 1944 credits per platinum and the Gold Fusion Pack gives you approxinately 1 R5 Fusion Core per 5 platinum, I would be spending almost 720 plat to obtain the credits alone for my rare R10 Blind Rage and almost 2000 plat to obtain the fusion cores to max my R10 Blind Rage. That is 2720 platinum to max one rare mod. It costs more for a Primed Mod.

Now lets be real, some of my credit cost and fusion core cost would be covered by normal farming but this is the approximate number of platinum we’re spending to max a mod - the sole purpose of fusion cores.

On DE’s end, I understand that it can be a huge sink for platinum but what must be considered is if people would really find it feasible to spend that amount of platinum to rank one mod with their pricing for cores and credits. 

Another thing, on average Baro Ki Teer also has good stuff for ducats but their is a credit requirement - I find myself needing to spend 250,000 credits on one item. I don’t disagree as I’ve seen players with huge amounts of credits that can afford but to the ones that don’t have much credits they either have to do without or buy from other players with platinum. Obtaining credits from the market at a reasonable price can be an option to them.

We need to find a price that allows veteran and mid-tier players to sink resources (all part of the warfare economy) while lower level players can still afford items.

On another note, I agree with a post I’ve seen before that DE should consider the possibility of including as a feature - the mastery symbol on items in the market as it can help in purchasing decisions.

Still going to harp on the biggest missing feature that needs to be in the market. Where is the "hide mastered" button? Owned and mastered are two very different things and the mastered part is a massively important one for newer players. Including a "hide mastered" button means helping new players understand what they need to get to move their MR up and thus, unlock access to larger and larger portions of the market in the first place.

For credits and ressources pack, I have a idea to make more players buy them.
It's could look like a "reach mastery rank to play easier" but it's not really.

My idea is to decrease the price of ressource and credits pack for each mastery rank you done. Because high rank players need less ressources and will not buy them exept if the price is a bit lower. But low rank players will probably buy the ressources pack even if they cost more.

On 30/06/2016 at 8:44 PM, Dobermann92 said:

Sorties are free and RNG based, but these packs are payed with real money (in one way or another). Let me explain it further with an example: You and your friend buy 170 platinum for 9,99$ then you buy 2 gold fusion core pack each. You got 30 gold cores, but your friend got 29 gold cores and a Legendary core. You got different value for the same money. He can max out any mod without the need of credits instantly, while with 30 gold cores you can't max any r10 mod and you will need a lot of credits. You get frustrated because you payed the same amount but you are now behind your friend who did the same. Your friend can also sell the Legendary core for 250-300p (assuming it will be a very small chance to receiver those so it won't affect the market price much), so in the end he got more platinum for the same amount of money. This is bad in either way.

People DO quit over this sort of thing. Mostly people who spend a lot of money. So many games implement hidden pity timers. Take Hearthstone, Blizzard card game. On average you get 1 legendary card per 15 card packs. But game is actually hard coded to always give you a legendary card in 50th pack if you have opened 50 and received no legendaries. 

Knowing warframe, they'll screw this up and lose 90% of active whales in a week. Although...  If they want people to ACTUALLY burn platinum on core packs en masse packs must cost 5, 10 and 20 plat. People sell 1 rare core for 1 plat.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

On 7/1/2016 at 0:08 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

The Credit Bundles will be updated as follows:

• Frugal Credit Bundle: costs 50 Platinum in exchange for 50,000 Credits.
  • High Roller Credit Bundle: costs 90 Platinum in exchange for 175,000 Credits.

This is the only thing that's bothering me. Even with the new rates, it's still not worth it to convert plats to credits.

I think something like 20p for 200k credits is better.

On 6/30/2016 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Additions:

• We’re adding a 3 Forma pack for 35 Platinum.

This is pretty cool actually.  I just hope that it doesn't mean Forma is going to become an even rarer resource or maybe even platinum only.

With the amount one would spend on cores in the market either trying to get 100s of cores or a legendary, you'd still save tons of platinum just trading for them. Imagine it took you 10 tries before you got a legendary core. That's 800p. You could definitely be within the bartering range of a legendary core in trade with that kind of platinum.

The credit bundles were always the most ridiculous thing in the market. Now they're just less ridiculous but still overpriced. 1m credits for 50p. 200k credits for 15p. That might actually get you some non-noob sales from people who quickly need the tax money for a primed mod trade. Otherwise these things are noob pits, DE. They don't instill a lot of confidence in the fariness of the market if it looks like you're just trying to trick players out of their platinum.

The search function shouldn't be limited to the category, either. I should be able to go into the market and immediately type "Forma" and get forma. Category filter should only happen if the person goes into a category and perhaps ticks a checkbox next to the search bar." [ ] Limit to this category. " I also reccomend search-on-type function; as in when the person starts typing using their keyboard it automatically guides that to the search bar and begins searching. Obviously this shouldn't happen if their cursor is active in the chat tabs.

@Roboplus Makes a good point. People should be able to hide their wishlists or limit it to only be viewed by friends, certain friends or clan/alliance.

Items that are wishlisted and go on sale due to a promotion or a Darvo Deal should perhaps get some kind of notification in the players' email ( if they tick yes to that) or even just an in-game message. And I know Darvo Deals are supposed to be Relay Exclusive but until you fix the relay (and I see no information of upcoming updates that are doing that) then you should just have them where everyone actually buys stuff - in the liset market. Almost like borderland's style extra tab on the left/right. TODAY'S DEAL with the item under it.

With all that has been said, I'll get back to the core/credit packs.
1°) Cores. Way overpriced. But; contrary to what is stated by Dobermann earlier, if the drop rate is <10%, it's not more cost effective to buy a legendary core from someone else (I just checked, prices on Wf market range from 480 to 800pl) because you still have the million credits to pay.
That said. I believe what DE wants with this is get a sort of gambling for long-time players. Those who have more plat than they can use; like 4digits plats. Because, DE said a "small chance". Knowing what "small chance" means to them, we must be speaking 1% tops. That means on average 8 000pl to see one. I said that for weapons before; it might be cool, but it's not for the most us.

But the two other packs... They are soooo overpriced considering no one on the trade channel eve bother to sell/buy those it just looks like a scamm to newer players. Prices should be lowered. But do they really? Yeah I'm going to play devil's advocate here. See you at the end of post.

2°) Credit packs... Those ones, I really do understand their presence in a market sense, it's like the thing no one picks up but you have to have, just standing there. Too many ways are available to make more money than these packs can provide at a lesser cost.
Because if we assume the communuty does its job saying "don't buy credit packs, you can get money there; don't buy core packs, you can get cores here" or "buy a credit booster pack instead", then the only thing remaining is the small chance to get a legendary core and that's it.

I know I read all like negative and stuff, but 35pl for 3 forma? Awesome. And I happen to like the new aesthetic of the market.

Soooo. Devil's Advocate.
Here is an approach: credits and core packs are not overpriced and I'm going to explain why. Note that here I try to get behind DE's logic for those pricing. Undercover Scott could tell them if need's be that R5C are worth 1pl on the open market and that no one bother to even sell or buy the other.
For this I'll need some roots: what is the aim of Warframe? It's a hack'n'slash, so the aim is to get all the stuff and make it as good ans it can be. For this, we need core and money. No, the game is Free to Play, or, from the other side of the mirror, Pay To Accelerate. Paying accelerate the process of, in this case, levelling our mods. For the center to hold and DE sustain itself as a studio, it must find balance. In this particular case of the game, the balance is not levelling too slowly, but not too fast either.
Too slow, and the game is frustrating, ppl quit. But too fast, and ppl burn through the content to quickly to spend enough money on average for the game to sustain itself on the long run. Allow ppl to level too fast and the game loses its retention power.
To keep this retention power, players must have short term, mid-term and long-term objectives. Levelling rank 10 mods. That's a long term objective. Allow paying customers to do it quickly and effortlessly, and the effort of levelling becomes trivial. Maxing a bronze rank 10 mod should be a small investment or  trivial for a mid-game player. Remember that prime mods are supposed to be end-game content, and that we have the vanilla versions for the meantime. That's why prices are what they are on the core packs. To maintain this balance.

Still... Even if I can see the Dev's logic in there, I'm still not convinced. Money packs could still be done away with entirely and money boosters be pushed up more. There are just too many ways to get as much or more creds in game than plat can offer, even for a mid-level player. And bronze & silver core packs are just pure scam once you know the game a little and how to get cores. Might do away with them too, and let the 80pl bet for the legendary core only.

On 7/1/2016 at 0:08 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

Gold Fusion Pack: costs 80 Platinum in exchange for 15 Fusion Cores. 14 Cores are Guaranteed to be R5 Rare, with a very small chance at a Legendary Core for the 15th.** 

welp
to be honest, if you (DE) really really want to put Legendary Core to the packs, with a very small chance, i hope you (DE) put the chance like, 0.001% or 0.0000001%
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
and even if you (players) are trying to get LG Cores from the pack and failed, for example, 5 times for 400 platinums, you still get the 15 Fusion Core + 14 Rare Fusion Cores and then multiple it by 5, you get like, 175 FusCores, and 70 Rare FusCores.

On 7/4/2016 at 2:03 AM, Cortanis said:

Still going to harp on the biggest missing feature that needs to be in the market. Where is the "hide mastered" button? Owned and mastered are two very different things and the mastered part is a massively important one for newer players. Including a "hide mastered" button means helping new players understand what they need to get to move their MR up and thus, unlock access to larger and larger portions of the market in the first place.

All day this.

Also, I would like the game to let me know before I sell weapon X, "Hey, this is used in a weapon recipe that you haven't mastered yet.  Are you sure you want to sell this?"