Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Operatives are actively working against me

Druufus

So I like stealth. Affinity multipliers, peace and quiet, no bursas. All the good things. But the syndicate operatives seem hellbent on triggering alarms. If the mission starts within sight of enemies, they will *immediately* open fire. Now my plywood-and-ricepaper Loki has a head-on fight on his hands. Normally I can recover from this by clearing the vicinity and parking the operatives in a cupboard where I hope they cry and starve.

But today... today they were conspicuously absent for the first half of the mission. They appeared from thin air *inside a data vault* (the one with tree laser grids fencing off the middle of the room). Bang bang, alarms, bursas, MOUNTAINS of bullcrap piling on my 225hp.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want DE to remove them. I want them to turn on friendly fire for operatives so I can kill them and watch them die. Ideally make them capture targets so I can pick them up as items, bring them to Uranus and give them to Tyl Regor for live dissections.

That's how much I hate them.

5 minutes ago, gluih said:

You can actually tell them to stand still. Just go close to them and activate them.

I guess you missed the part where OP said they usually do just that but they didn't spawn till mid-way in the mission in the middle of the spy vault.

Edited by Keiiken

30 minutes ago, Keiiken said:

I guess you missed the part where OP said they usually do just that but they didn't spawn till mid-way in the mission in the middle of the spy vault.

Point is that telling them to stand still works totally fine probably >99% of the time.

I've found that most times telling them to stand still doesn't tend to always work either. Since usually there's enemy patrols that see them, and if you have dummies like mine.. they'll just throw shoot and alert everything nearby. Perhaps we send them to Sargus Ruk for his Barbeque

It would be better if they were gone forever. Or we could at least get an option to take them with us or not.

Nah, who am I kidding? We need brand new finisher animations specifically for the operatives. They deserve it.