Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Run Fun Ride - Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

Couple more stuff.

#93 TBF: Weird demarcation. - Passed to light

1384738031-light-glitch-weird-demarcatio            Speaks for itself. Not quite sure whether it's because there's two pieces of tiles that sports a different white or if the light system is up to some shenanigan. Leaning on the former myself.

#94 TBC: Mob stasis (?). - No clear problem

#95 TBC: Weird door opening (continuation of #53). - Being looked at

1384738031-terrain-design-door-opening-o            Still find how this door open to be rather odd (still). Looking at that gap doesn't feel right for some reasons, consider covering it with the top of the sliding wall when it's lowered.

#96 TBF: Texture flickering. - Fixed

#97 TBF: Texture flickering 1. - Fixed

Edited by Kinperor

#93: Seeing it, fairly complex lighting setup here, will pass on to light

#94: Nothing wrong with the nav here; only thing I can think of, there is a mantle up action a little to the right of the guy, in the bend of the overhanging corner there, maybe he mantled up there and froze? I'll try that a couple of times

#95: Agreed, this room has long been on my list of to be reworked tiles; I don't think I'll get the time before the weekend though

#96: Fixed all these z-fighting instances

#97: Fixed

All these should be good with U11, which is soon©®.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, much report, very detail, so accuracy, wow. (More stuff to report)

#98 TBF: Collision box missing, clashes with new vaulting. - Passed to Art

1385516736-terrain-glitch-vaulting-issue            The walls near the consoles in the defense tile can be vaulted over, however that makes us clip right through the console. Not much of a deal IMO, but just letting you know.

#99 TBF: Visible seam, weird demarcation. - Passed to Ethyr

1385516736-terrain-glitch-weird-demarcat            The red square highlights a spot where I believe there's a seam between the tile's walls. The orange square shows a weird demarcation on the golden ring. Not sure if it's all the rings that have this problem, I only noticed as I was editing it.

Edited by Kinperor

Noice. Out of curiosity, is the Level Designing team really busy ATM? Not seeing a lot of action in the Explorafun threads. Well, less than usual. 

At any rate, stumbled onto that:

#102 TBF: Inter tile clipping. 

1386215451-terrain-glitch-terrain-clip-o            Pretty sure the Orokin Derelict had the same problem, no? At any rate, it's back with a vengeance. http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386215452-2013-12-04-00002.jpg'> Pic on the other side of the door, to the left of my Frost.

I'd do more touring in the Void, but I'm hoarding on my keys until the dust of the Loot tables settles a bit. 

PS: Shouldn't your post appear on the dev tracker? That's kinda weird. 

Edited by Kinperor

We are terribly busy indeed. Christmas is fast approaching and we need to get some things done before we take our break. ;)

P.S. I believe the dev tracker needs to go through the same moderation queue at the moment as dev posts. Might be a manual process that isn't just automatized yet. Just a guess though.

• 2 months later...

#104 TBF: Clashing bright lockers.

1394250979-light-glitch-bright-locker-or

Speaks for itself.

#105 TBF: Clashing light difference on floor.

1394250977-light-glitch-weird-demarcatio

Speaks for itself.

#106 TBF: Hole in mesh.

1394250978-terrain-glitch-mesh-hole-orok

The floor beneath the bridge seems to be devoid of floor texture, leading us to being able to peak through said floor. That, or it's glass. I'm spectacularly bad at spotting glass in this game, but in this case I'm confident it's not glass.

#107 TBF: Hole in mesh 1.

1394250979-terrain-glitch-mesh-hole-1-or

If you walk to the other side of the column, toward the door, you will notice that you should not be able to see through that highlighted space between the column and the wall. Blue square highlights another column that doesn't have the same issue, for reference.

#108 TBF: Texture infighting.

1394250980-terrain-glitch-texture-flicke

Speaks for itself, joint between the upper and lower part of both walls are fighting to stay on top.

#105 TBF: Texture overlap.

1394650930-effect-glitch-terrain-overlap

Speaks for itself.

#106 TBF: Intertile clipping.

1394650934-terrain-glitch-intertile-orok

If it isn't clear, it's a locker room that is on the other side of the door.

#107 TBF: Object that are not teleported back.

1394650938-terrain-glitch-no-tele-orokin

Speaks for itself.

#108 TBF: Wall seam.

1394650938-terrain-glitch-wall-seam-orok

Speaks for itself. The seam in the leftmost square is not visible from this angle, you'd need to go closer to it. I haven't checked to make sure but I think the wall behind the shot has the same issue.

• 3 months later...

Necromancy-edition reports:

#109 TBF: Wall seams.

9vET6QJ.jpg

Speaks for itself. Small connector tile, some walls can glide off to reveal lasers and loot.

#110 TBF: Wall hole.

dh577bM.jpg

Speaks for itself. Interception/defense tile.

#111 TBC: Survival-adaption tile rework. 

Ew24DgE.jpg

Bear with me, this is a pretty significant suggestion meant to improve the flow of battles in the Void, especially in survival, and while it won't be easily implemented, I do think it would be worth it.

See, I don't know if you can recognize the tile where Saryn is, but it's the one with 2 elevators inside the room, and with some water work at the lowest level. The issue is, where my Saryn is currently is only accessible via a single elevator, or as I learned it, by abusing parkour and making your way up there. The issue is, the second option is really obscure, so circulating from the bottom to where my Saryn is breaks the flow of the combat, without mentioning that I do not believe that the long-jump exploit of parkour is here to stay (which is pretty much necessary to jump up there). 

SO, with all that in mind, comes the grating part of playing in this room in survival: as the picture I've taken shows, it is very likely that a large room will spawn on the other side of that door, which is mostly off limit, except if you use an elevator or purposefully jump there. Very often (and I mean it, it happens like 60% of the time) there will be a large horde of enemies who will spawn up there, and remain there, clogging up the spawn counter until someone realizes that the area needs a clean up or that the Tenno are forced to leave. I would say it is pretty common for me to be with PUGs and no one but me will realize that there are enemy spawning up there, because checking normally (with the elevator) is a pain in the rectum.

I suggest 3 things to improve this room: One, replace the elevator by a one-way magical vertical waterfall (and add some rails as needed to prevent accidental rolls off the ledge) so that the "easy" way up is not so hard on the combat flow, this way it is accessible reliably for all. Second, add in the levels some platform or 'walls' meant to assist the player in using "legit" parkour and climb all the way there, to give a 'ninja' access (by wall, it also include the golden windows/grill that you see throughout the tilesets). Third, give the enemy a mean to get down, whether by jumping down or by any other means in order to make sure that they can go where the Tenno are instead of rotting in place until kingdom comes. I think any 2 of these solutions would lessen the problem, although I am partial to having all three at once.

#112 TBC: Added parkour support.

OxWnZyS.jpg

I've caught myself thinking more than once that having a wall or some golden grills over that spot would make it cooler to fight and circulate through the room, as climbing stairs is somewhat boring and un-engaging. I haven't really thought this through, I totally understand if it's just not feasible however, that's just me having idle thoughts.

-----

Cause for hiatus is mainly due to old image hoster kicking the bucket. I decided to just use Imgur instead. 

#111 - Good suggestions!  We have a rework of that tile already in progress, alternative routes were added to reach the elevator platform.

#112 - Not too sure what you mean, here's a top-down screenshot of that corner if it helps:

SM1uIN3.jpg

Hey, if you cand add alternative routes to old tilesets, that means that....It's possible to add alternative paths to allow a better stealth experience to grineer galleon & other old tiles,just like the rescue room!?! :o

#111 - Good suggestions!  We have a rework of that tile already in progress, alternative routes were added to reach the elevator platform.

#112 - Not too sure what you mean, here's a top-down screenshot of that corner if it helps:

- snip -

I'll make a photoshop later to better illustrate what I mean.

Hey, if you cand add alternative routes to old tilesets, that means that....It's possible to add alternative paths to allow a better stealth experience to grineer galleon & other old tiles,just like the rescue room!?! :o

Probably. But there's a lot of tiles, so it wouldn't really happen quickly.

I played 25 mins of survival in the T3 void mission but after me and some other guys beat it it didn't save and i lost the key with all the stuff i earned! DE fix this problem pls.

This is outside the scope of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine this would be a good place to add this then.  I was running and sliding over one of the little barricades that pop up when you're near, and it shot me through the ceiling. Hallway room. i think its the one where you can go underneath, can't remember, happened a week ago or so.

2014-06-29_00006_zps35c10c42.jpg

2014-06-29_00005_zpsb06d9747.jpg