Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Augment idea: Artemis Shot

(PSN)LoisGordils

The Artemis Shot would cause the Artemis Bow's arrows to be merged into a single, powerful shot (their damage combined)affected by charge (like normal bows, but a bit more dramatic to differentiate). Ivara loses crowd control, but gains extremely high single target damage capabilities. Multishot will increase the damage dealt because more arrows will be merged, but it will still remain as a single projectile. Comments, please :)

8 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The Artemis Shot would cause the Artemis Bow's arrows to be merged into a single, powerful shot (their damage combined)affected by charge (like normal bows, but a bit more dramatic to differentiate). Ivara loses crowd control, but gains extremely high single target damage capabilities. Multishot will increase the damage dealt because more arrows will be merged, but it will still remain as a single projectile. Comments, please :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't augments meant to add to the original capabilities? I.e. No negatives.

Edited by -CM-Emptiness
Wrong word

Just now, -CM-Emptiness said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't augments meant to add to the original capabilities? I.e. No negatives.

Not always. Zephyr's Funnel Clouds is an example. :)

She gains more damage, but can only shoot one projectile. I don't see a loss there

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

It certainly has potential.

3 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Sadly this isn't always true. In fact there are a few mods that have been given negatives by the augments for "balance."

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Not always. Zephyr's Funnel Clouds is an example. :)

She gains more damage, but can only shoot one projectile. I don't see a loss there

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

It certainly has potential.

Sadly this isn't always true. In fact there are a few mods that have been given negatives by the augments for "balance."

Well then, I'd say give it some innate punch through and it's a really solid suggestion :)

18 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I'd say this was nice, except firing an uncharged vertical shot produces the same result. And doesn't cost a mod slot.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

why would Primal Fury even exist? We have the Bo Prime for that matter

Primal Fury has distinct mechanics that make it a very different Weapon to use. not mechanics that i think are unique enough, but they are there.

I'd honestly want to see an augment that does something to Artemis bow like making it more fun to use like being able to tag enemies with the alt button and thenjoy with a release each one shot seeks out their target, and if the shot or shots manage to kill their target in one hit, they replenish energy or health, encouraging players not to spam this ability unless they can cover the energy costs but instead calculate their enemies and act swiftly to end the battle or battles. 

I think the bow shoots 6 arrows so that's 6 enemies you can target or 2 enemies you can tag 3 times or one 6 times etc 

Tag each one then fire and receive the buff if it's a kill. 

3 hours ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Well then, I'd say give it some innate punch through and it's a really solid suggestion :)

One large arrow with extra punch through would be pretty cool. :)

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Nice idea. I have a gif for this:

ZcXChbq.gif

WHAT ANIME IS THIS! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW! TELL ME!!! O_O

2 hours ago, Jangkrik said:

YES! YES! YES! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

---

I am actually surprised how much I like this augment idea despite the fact that the main reason I want to get Ivara is for her prowl ability.