Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get Hot-keyed E-Motes?

Genji

I would definitely like this, but we're already using the F keys for gear, so... we don't really have that many keys left to use.
I mean, there's the numpad I guess, but not all keyboards have numpads, specifically laptop keyboards. And all the hotkeys would have to be next to each other, like the gear keys.

On 7/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:

I would definitely like this, but we're already using the F keys for gear, so... we don't really have that many keys left to use.
I mean, there's the numpad I guess, but not all keyboards have numpads, specifically laptop keyboards. And all the hotkeys would have to be next to each other, like the gear keys.

What if it just temporarily overwrote the gear bindings while you were in a relay or your ship?  You can't use gear in those places anyway so why not use the same keys?

Edited by LastTestament

2 minutes ago, LastTestament said:

What if it just temporarily overwrote the gear bindings while you were in a relay or your ship?  You can't use gear in those places anyway so why not use the same keys?

That doesn't sound like the best idea. It would make no sense to be unable to hotkey emotes for normal game, and if they somehow had different hotkeys depending if Gear is usable or not, then people would have trouble getting used to the constantly changing bindings.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

That doesn't sound like the best idea. It would make no sense to be unable to hotkey emotes for normal game, and if they somehow had different hotkeys depending if Gear is usable or not, then people would have trouble getting used to the constantly changing bindings.

I actually forgot that you could use emotes in game.  I don't really use them or see them that often so it just slipped my mind.  What about a Shift+Keypress or something like that to use emotes and a regular keypress to use gear?  That way you would have to actively emote instead of doing it on accident when you thought you were using gear and getting wrecked?

Just now, LastTestament said:

I actually forgot that you could use emotes in game.  I don't really use them or see them that often so it just slipped my mind.  What about a Shift+Keypress or something like that to use emotes and a regular keypress to use gear?  That way you would have to actively emote instead of doing it on accident when you thought you were using gear and getting wrecked?

An idea that occurred to me, that wouldn't affect Gear at all, is to make Emotes work like Taunts in Team Fortress 2.

Emotes: You press a number between 1-8 while you hold the Gear button (Q by default I believe).
Gears: You hold the Gear button and click the wanted Gear, or use hotkeys F1-F8.

• 1 month later...