Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Relics & Fissures

[DE]Drew

Edited posted to reflect updated terminology and added new Glossary.

Void 2.0

Glossary:

Void Fissure: A dynamic occurrence throughout the Origin System - a tear in the world of Void energy from Eras past. Represented in the World State Window and occurs in 4 different tiers.

Void Relic: Ancient Relics that react to Void Fissures to reveal treasures within.

Void Traces: Raw Void energy that drops in the process of uniting Relics and Fissures. Can be used to Refine Void Relics to yield more rare rewards in your Orbiter.

Reactant: Drops in missions and must be used in the Void Fissure sealing process.

Refinement: The Process of improving the likelihood of Rare rewards from Void Relics.

Era: An old Orokin age.

Lith / Meso / Neo / Axi: 4 Distinct Eras of the Orokin past, all suddenly manifesting through Void Fissures in the Solar Map.

T1 Keys have turned into Lith Era Relics.

T2 Keys have turned into Meso Era Relics.

T3 Keys have turned into Neo Era Relics

T4 Keys have turned into Axi Era Relics.

Void Relic Segment: Found on a Junction, used to Refine Void Relics.

After years of new content releases and updated items to collect, there is a certain irony in calling the Void the “void”. Until Specters of the Rail, getting specific Prime parts was a repetitive and regimented process. Each Tower mission has a corresponding key and reward table, and if you want one of those rewards, you need to stock up on the appropriate key and repeat the same mission until you accomplish your goal. That all changes with the introduction of Void Relics. Instead of running the same mission repeatedly, Void Relics allow you to dynamically acquire the rewards you want by playing Void Fissure missions that appear on any planet, and there will always be Void Fissures active. Collecting cool rewards is a fundamental aspect of Warframe, and this new Void system is designed to make it more fun and immersive - with Void Fissures ripping into the very fabric of the Origin System!

What are Void Relics

Projections are similar to Void Keys in the sense that they are used to acquire Prime Parts. 

How to acquire Void Relics

You can get Void Relics by playing through certain regular mission types (typically endless missions). Any Void Keys you have will be converted into Void Relics of a similar tier. Void Relics are not restricted to Towers and precise missions the way Void Keys are, so all Void Keys of a particular Tower level will be converted into Void Relics of a similar reward level.

How to use a Void Relics

Proceed into a corresponding Void Fissure mission for the Void Relic you want to use. You can quickly view the Void Fissure missions from the World State Panel. Normal Void missions will still be available to play through the Solar Chart (and no longer require keys), but they won’t work for Void Relics unless they are specifically Void Fissures.

Void Fissures1.png

(Image WIP)

Once inside the mission, you’ll have to find the tear and seal it.

Void Tear 2.PNG

(Prepare to be challenged when you activate the Fissure!)

Relics & Rewards

Once the Fissue is successfully sealed, head to extraction to get your reward! Here is the biggest change to the way Void rewards work:

The concept of 'Key Sharing' has been an honor system for a long time in matchmaking. We are condensing that idea in this new system. For every Squad member with a Void Relic in their inventory, you'll get to select a reward based on the results of their Relics (there is a chance of duplicates and up to 4 rewards will be displayed). You’ll be able to select a reward from any of the Void Relics that were used by your squadmates for the mission. If more than half the squad chooses your reward, you’ll receive bonus Void Traces (read on for an explanation of Void Traces). Only players with a Relic will be able to select a reward. If the Fissure is not sealed (or never activated at all), your Relic will not be consumed. 

This screenshot is a mockup of how that UI will work. You can see that it presents a number of rewards that you are free to choose from depending on what you want. You may choose one reward from among the selection. 

End Of Mission Rewards.png

(Image WIP: UI Mock up only, these rewards are not reflective of what is in the Void Relics)

What are Void Traces

Void Traces can be used to upgrade Void Relics to higher tiers for a chance at superior, and more rare, rewards. A new terminal within your Landing craft will allow you to exchange 25/50/100 Void Traces to upgrade a Void Relic. Void Traces in your inventory are capped at 100, so upgrades will have to be carefully selected. Void Traces can also be used to craft Dragon Keys.

Void Relic Refinement1.png

(Image WIP: UI Mock up only, these rewards are not reflective of what is in the Void Relics)

How to acquire Void Traces
In addition to getting bonus Void Traces from allies who select from your Void Relic reward, Void Traces will also drop within Void Fissure missions. 

Void Relics and Void Fissures are still a work in progress, and we’ll continue to polish this system, as we always do, long after it launches. All terminology and UI designs are subject to change as we burn the midnight Traces to get this into your hands. At its core, this system comes down to allowing you to pick from a selection of rewards the larger your squad and skewing your keys to favor rare drops with Void Trace-enhanced Relics. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and we hope you’re excited to tear into the Void! 

• Like 1

This seems to be a weird step, but unlike the grindfest that we've had beforehand, I like this much better than just doing one mission over and over again.

Survival >_>

Defense >_>

It looks to be a far more interesting way of activating a mission, against having a dedicated key to do something.

Which really cuts down on our own access of using a key, but it's a sacrifice i'm willing to take, for a system like this.

That allow us to choose the reward.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

This system sounds better in every way. Reducing many of the aspects that made prime grinding horrendous. I like that there's a system that can actively cut down on RNG rather than a passive one that may get you what you're looking for the more you play or the longer you stay. This is another thing that will take some getting use to and it's also designed in a way that isn't too favorable to newer players; this isn't necessarily a bad thing though. 

Deleted old post to try and ask this without as much swearing and anger...

WILL you guys PLEASE go back and check the script that ran which converted Void Keys to Relics?

I had over 2200 void keys that got converted in the update.

Before the update, I had access to every prime part drop location. Hundreds of every tier of key. Hundreds of hours running excavations, spy missions, survivals etc. collecting those keys.

After the update, I ended up with 5 of each type of Relic, but there are more than 5 types of each relic. After the update, I no longer have access to all the parts I did before the update, and feel very cheated by this conversion.

I have basically stopped playing as a result. All the time put into getting ready for the change, for nothing.

Are you guys planning on going back and FIXING this or just gonna say "deal with it and regrind another thousand relics"? @[DE]Drew

Edited by giantconch

12 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Projections and Void Tears are still a work in progress, and we’ll continue to polish this system, as we always do, long after it launches

My only concern. (See focus system, it's been what, 7 months no change?)

unless I missed it I didn't see anything about missions with multiple rewards, like I can get 10 primed items from a survival, def or interception run but it seems with this only 1 or 2 which seems like a huge nerf

Seems like a move backwards to the pre-keep all the rewards update to defense missions that came with the Liset. Hopefully, this will be more involving with new players but seems like it will be more grindy to me.

So the derelict is obviously still staying, as are dragon keys, but to what capacity? Will the derelict become like the void as discussed on the devstreams where you can just go and pub it like a normal star chart mission? Will it receive an overhaul on its loot tables as well?

"Burston Stock" welp, as if farming archwing weapons wasn't already terrible enough, is all normal gear gonna be random part drops too?

Well, we'll see how this shakes out The idea that you can't even get rewards unless you spend also bothers me, but I'll hold out judgement.

3 minutes ago, Fatfunker said:

will we be able to get projections from syndicates or do i need to go on a spending spree right now?

I too would like clarity on this, from the devstream, it was stated that the projections would be bought from Baro but this thread suggesting they come from the missions that currently give keys most often is a positive factor at least.

Just now, NearoC said:

"Burston Stock" welp, as if farming archwing weapons wasn't already terrible enough, is all normal gear gonna be random part drops too?

Well, we'll see how this shakes out The idea that you can't even get rewards unless you spend also bothers me, but I'll hold out judgement.

It's actually of prime, same with Saryn "Prime" helmet and Vauban "Prime" system.

Just now, NearoC said:

That's just a mockup UI.