[DE]Drew

Dev Workshop: Relics & Fissures

1 minute ago, LogaMC1995 said:

DE said Baro will bring some "special" projections once in a while.

hmm right forgot about that, but maybe i will cash-in a few syndicate marks and buy some keys to be on the safe side

Sounds a lot less repetitive than the current system, wonderful!

One question though; am I reading the mockup for upgrading projections right, or does upgrading the projection also increase the mission tier you have to do to unlock it?

This is a really interesting concept. I want to ask, when you say that Luminous drops on Void Tears missions, you mean as a resource? Like Nav Coordinates do?

Also, man, Steve must have squeezed his brain hard to get the idea to this stage. On paper it sounds really, really good. Can't wait to test this in game :)

• Upvote 2

Its cool that you can choose the reward ... and posibly some of the rewards there are placeholders for some odd reason (meaning burston stock, non prime saryn helmet) but my questions are ... those luminous are tradeable? and talking about the luminous ... whats the difference between a Rex and a Whetu? are they different in some capacity or the same things with different names?

Anyway it looks nice ... overly complicated in teory ... but this hopefully makes the prime searching less horrid AND the super high prices on prime stuff by traders will drop.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

Interesting. Glad it's coming soon this week :D

You'r killing it! :laugh: 

• Upvote 1

While rewarding people for having good luck sounds weird to me (though it can possibly reward those that bring good and upgraded projections), the way the rewards work and how they benefit people from playing with others, because after all, it's a co-op game, is IMO quite great. While before keysharing got you at max 4 rewards for a single key, this system gives you 3 more chances to get what you want per projection. You lose the quantity, but in trade you get better chances, however, I'd say that a nice thing would be to have an option to see the ducat value of the prizes in the selection window, so we can at least choose the more profitable option without having to go through a listout side of the game.

Still, I really, REALLY, like the idea and how it works, great job.

I just have one single worry, Luminous. The description feels vague. Do I have to upgrade Projections to get access to rarer rewards? Or does it only make them drop more easily? Does it only upgrade a single projection or every projection of the same type? Like, I upgrade Projection X of Tier 1, so every projection X is upgraded, or only that one Projection X that I upgraded is upgraded and other Projection X aren't.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl
  • Upvote 9

Drew my friend you are certainly contributing to making the wait unbearable, but also all the more worth it. 

Edit: I am glad that it appears that these tears will spawn randomly throughout the tile sets. I will definitely enjoy exploring a lot more now. 

Edited by Tymerc
  • Upvote 2

The big takeaway I got from this is... selectable rewards

• Upvote 21

2 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Its cool that you can choose the reward ... and posibly some of the rewards there are placeholders for some odd reason (meaning burston stock, non prime saryn helmet) but my questions are ... those luminous are tradeable? and talking about the luminous ... whats the difference between a Rex and a Whetu? are they different in some capacity or the same things with different names?

Anyway it looks nice ... overly complicated in teory ... but this hopefully makes the prime searching less horrid AND the super high prices on prime stuff by traders will drop.

I would suspect prices would go up honestly. As currently one of things that drives down the prices for some items is availability; as explained, this would mean you have no chance of doing a run to gain multiple primes per run for instance. While it is possible that this will increase the chance of quality, this has yet to be seen just how great an increased chance per that projection is - it could be like prize boxes that raise by a faction of a precent per buying for instance - this has yet to be seen but as is, we are definitely getting less quantity.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Any Void Keys you have will be converted into Projections of a similar tier. Projections are not restricted to Towers and precise missions the way Void Keys are, so all Void Keys of a particular Tower level will be converted into Projections of a similar reward level.

Will Syndicate Key Pack offerings turn into Projection Pack offerings with Specters of the Rail, or would it be wise to dump standing into key packs right now to get a few more projections once the update hits?

• Upvote 2

"Void Tears"

Is that a pun~ Please attempt to bypass this fault

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lalaef said:

"Void Tears"

Is that a pun~ Please attempt to bypass this fault

limbo wants a word......

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

whats the difference between a Rex and a Whetu?

I assume that to be one of the ways they are splitting up the drop table, rather like the missions types do now. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Sounds a lot less repetitive than the current system, wonderful!

One question though; am I reading the mockup for upgrading projections right, or does upgrading the projection also increase the mission tier you have to do to unlock it?

You upgrade projections to increase the odds of rare results inside the reward level is what I'm taking away from this.  Need a Lex Prime Receiver?  Just spend some Luminous to upgrade the proper tier Projection until the odds are stacked to your liking.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Urlan said:

I would suspect prices would go up honestly. As currently one of things that drives down the prices for some items is availability; as explained, this would mean you have no chance of doing a run to gain multiple primes per run for instance. While it is possible that this will increase the chance of quality, this has yet to be seen just how great an increased chance per that projection is - it could be like prize boxes that raise by a faction of a precent per buying for instance - this has yet to be seen but as is, we are definitely getting less quantity.

that makes sense ... but how many rewards per thing? ... guess we will have to wait until the update drops.

• Upvote 1

Not a big fan of the 100 Luminous limit. I can understand limiting it, but it shouldn't be a 'you have to completely start over from scratch' kind of deal when you want the topmost reward. Even Syndicates leave you with something, and that's before we even consider the tokens from syndicate alerts.

• Upvote 6

So one question. If four people go into a void mission with their FOUR projections- and complete the mission, you get to choose ONE reward. Does that mean if we all take a key we each only get one reward despite FOUR keys that could take 4 people being used? I suppose that is in a way more fair than how it is now where one key gets everyone a reward- and it would limit the inflation of keys (projections now) that everyone has. I see it as good- but I just want to confirm because I can't quite tell.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

So one question. If four people go into a void mission with their FOUR projections- and complete the mission, you get to choose ONE reward. Does that mean if we all take a key we each only get one reward despite FOUR keys that could take 4 people being used? I suppose that is in a way more fair than how it is now where one key gets everyone a reward- and it would limit the inflation of keys (projections now) that everyone has. I see it as good- but I just want to confirm because I can't quite tell.

From what I can tell, 1 key, 4 rewards is gone, replaced by 1 roll per key, pick 1 reward from the pile.

But on the bright side, keyshare scamming has been solved! (At least, for the void. Mesa and derelict vaults are still an issue)

Edited by DeltaPhantom
  • Upvote 4

Question: are we able to run same void tear few times? Or do we have to wait for new tear to open? If so, it's no better than what we have now, trading grind wall (key farm) for time wall (waiting for new void tear) and grind wall (projection farm)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

Question: are we able to run same void tear few times? Or do we have to wait for new tear to open? If so, it's no better than what we have now, trading grind wall (key farm) for time wall (waiting for new void tear) and grind wall (projection farm)

The Void Tear will be open for a limited time in a mission. You can go there till it vanishes. When it vanishes, it will appear in another mission. It will be always available but not in the same mission.

• Upvote 2

If I recall correctly, during one of the last devstreams (last one or two streams ago), Steve stated the system would have a capped amount of Projections we can hold at once. Can we have any confirm this isn't going to happen and we get all our thousands Void Keys converted to similar value Projections?

• Upvote 8