[DE]Drew

Dev Workshop: Relics & Fissures

Solo players gettin the short end of the stick for luminous acquisition? Not cool. Other than that I'm liking what I'm seein thus far.

• Upvote 38

43 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

it seems to punish solo players though :/

ugh really ? cmon no it doesnt, it just gives up to 4 choices, it s not designed to and wasn t made to and doesn t punish players that play solo, it just reinforce and reward those that play in a team

Why do people just jump the shark like that jesus

• Upvote 13

14 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

The Void Tear will be open for a limited time in a mission. You can go there till it vanishes. When it vanishes, it will appear in another mission. It will be always available but not in the same mission.

I know. I want to know whether or not they will be like alerts

• Upvote 2

So, I've been thinking about this.

Being able to pick 1 reward from a set of 4 sounds nice on paper, until you consider the efficiency of it.

The current system: 4 players, 4 keys. Everyone gets a reward from each key, so you effectively got 4 rewards for your 1 key. This is the power of keysharing, and why so many seek to exploit others by way of skipping out when it's their turn.

The new system: 4 players, still 4 keys. But now all 4 keys are spent at once, so you get a selection of 4 rewards, and then have to pick 1. For your 1 key, you now get only 1 reward. The only saving grace is that from the pile of rewards that you would have gotten before, you at least get to choose which one you take home.

In terms of key efficiency and helping each other out with farming, we are kinda getting shafted.

Edited by DeltaPhantom
  • Upvote 16

5 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

I know. I want to know whether or not they will be like alerts

They will be like alerts, but there will always be several open at a time. There will never not be Void Tears active.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

They will be like alerts, but there will always be several open at a time. There will never not be Void Tears active.

You both missed my point.

Yes, I know few tears are always present. What I don't know is if I will be able to run one tear multiple times within its lifespan or just once. I'm not too fond of having to wait up to few hours for a chance to get a reward

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, Terrence_Knight said:

Solo players gettin the short end of the stick for luminous acquisition? Not cool. Other than that I'm liking what I'm seein thus far.

Luminous drops inside the Tears, and will be your primary source of the stuff.  You'll get bonus Luminous if you play as a squad and more than half the squad picks your reward.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

0RRDjXQm8KRDFJgznSUJ20GXqzcLpuY5HoTjoMw7

so if i want to get vauban systems from THAT projection then i must max-level it for 100 lumi-memes and then ill have a 1:6 chance for it? that sounds kinda bad...

• Upvote 19

Only players with a Projection will be able to select a reward.

So does this mean that I can no longer just freely host my friends who don't grind keys that much and that they'll just be left out in the cold unless they do major grinding for projections?

Currently I am able to get my friends some void rewards because I grind up the keys and share them with friends.  I don't mind hosting as I know I have tons of keys and they don't so its a win-win.  I get to play with friends and we both get rewards.

Now it looks like they'll have to grind hours and hours and hours and hours for projections to be able to get rewards even though I would be more than willing to host missions for them to get parts...seems like a major downgrade IMO.

Also the punishment of not getting luminos if you're a solo player seems a bit harsh.

• Upvote 22

15 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

so if i want to get vauban systems from THAT projection then i must max-level it for 100 lumi-memes and then ill have a 1:6 chance for it? that sounds kinda bad...

And it's assuming they all have same chance to drop

• Upvote 4

How to acquire Projections

You can get Projections by playing through certain regular mission types (typically endless missions).

Why so much hate toward other non-endless mission? Literally no one is doing the new sabotage and capture target is just way too OP for even an average player while the rewards are still garbage. If you want people play the regular tileset more then don't do the 'discrimination' on mission types, or else it makes no difference from putting another rewards into T3D rotation C.

Edited by VCaptiion
  • Upvote 16

So questions I still have.

Will endless Void tear missions just be pointless?

What will happen to vaulted items? Will they be added into the game again?

With Luminous capping in your inventory at only 100, it's going to be quite annoying to always remember to cap some random projections or a dragon key after every run. Will this be increased?

What will happen to Argon Crystals?

With there now only being T1-T4 projections, won't the drop tables be gigantic? Or are there just many types of each T1-T4 projection, basically leaving them the exact same as keys?

Is there any followup on Baro potentially selling projections, or when Sheldon talked about special tears that would have their own special rewards?

• Upvote 7

What about the void tear missions themselves? Are they missions separate from the base node, or will the tear just appear as part of said base node?

If the latter, what if I don't want to spend a projection right at that moment, but someone else does?

Thanks for the information and the effort in the new system

That said...

And here was I thinking that finally the over 4x advantage that teaming gives over solo play might be lowered, just a little.

Instead you multiply up the reward selection. It's not good enough that a full team can complete missions quicker and easier but they need 4x the drop chance as well and they get more luminous.

It's an interesting mechanism but those additions... Sheesh, way to screw soloers.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Upvote 13

this is basically a witch hunt with the luminous and a nerf to how many prime parts you can get with 1 key... there is no mention of getting multiple prime parts anywhere if you or the group spends over 5 mins or even 60 for multiple drops so that's a fail already.

think of kurias, yes the hello kitties most players doesnt even know where to find them or top tier syndicate medallions that only spawns once every 1k mission in the most hidden places.

then there is the choice factor gone with the you have to play these mission types that has the void tears and lumias. you know the archwing spy etc that you don't like and always avoid in the alerts like sorties or nitain alerts= wait wall. 

ill pass on this and maybe the next 2 years the game might actually be fun to play.

• Upvote 7

Just now, DeltaPhantom said:

What about the void tear missions themselves? Are they missions separate from the base node, or will the tear just appear as part of said base node?

If the latter, what if I don't want to spend a projection right at that moment, but someone else does?

I think they're part of it. And if you don't use your projection you just won't get to choose from the rewards.

Just now, ranks21 said:

this is basically a witch hunt with the luminous and a nerf to how many prime parts you can get with 1 key... there is no mention of getting multiple prime parts anywhere if you or the group spends over 5 mins or even 60 for multiple drops so that's a fail already.

think of kurias, yes the hello kitties most players doesnt even know where to find them or top tier syndicate medallions that only spawns once every 1k mission in the most hidden places.

then there is the choice factor gone with the you have to play these mission types that has the void tears and lumias. you know the archwing spy etc that you don't like and always avoid in the alerts like sorties or nitain alerts= wait wall. 

ill pass on this and maybe the next 2 years the game might actually be fun to play.

Why don't you just get better at those missions or cooperate with other players instead of walling yourself off of things?

• Upvote 6

so....instead of using 4 keys to get 4 parts in 4 runs we get 1 out of 4 selectable parts with 4 projections in a single run........

• Upvote 8

Just now, eminiclam said:

so....instead of using 4 keys to get 4 parts in 4 runs we get 1 out of 4 selectable parts with 4 projections in a single run........

I think you get to select from the rewards 4 times.

Hopefully this means I won't ALWAYS have to play Defense/Interception till an ungodly wave to get a single part; however, that looks like that might not quite be the case given that there are 'flavors' of Luminous.

And possibly marshmallows. Seren Stars, Rex Rainbows, and Whetu Balloons, oh my!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eminiclam said:

Yep.

Just now, TheScytale said:

Read my earlier post about key efficiency.

This screenshot is a mockup of how that UI will work. You can see that it presents a number of rewards that you are free to choose from depending on what you want. You may choose one reward from among the selection. 

2 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

• Upvote 1